In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proven record in SPL, would take him in a second.

Is certainly well out the picture at Sunderland and didn't set heather on fire in loan spells to championship clubs. Never know.

I thought he went to a Championship side on a permenent deal but I wasn't 100% so it could happen after all

Always nice to have a wee bit of transfer excitement after the first few weeks of activity died down!

Clocked the name Paul Gallagher on the thread, I'd cream myself if we got him on loan - I'm a big fan of his, hasn't quite made the breakthrough at Blackburn, but whenever he's been given a chance in the first team he's impressed. He was also shit-hot at Plymouth last season and I was one of a few folk on here calling for him to be included in Scotland squads throughout the year.

That said, I can't see it happening whatsoever. Not only is he a player that would be attracting bigger clubs than us with regards to a loan deal, he's also now 25 and should be looking at a permanent move to further his career rather than another loan move.

Like most loan deals, I reckon it'll be a youth player we know nothing, or very little, about.

Aye, come on Gannon, this is two weeks in a row you've promised us a striker and still no sign of one. Who do you think you are?? McShovelface...??

:D

PS Large wink, just in case anyone thinks I'm being serious...

he's got 11 days 5 hours and 55 minutes left to get bring in a striker.

after that and games agianst an experienced kilmarnock team and a rank aberdeen team we'll be able to make appraisals of his performance so far.

I'm thinking ex-EPL and 'Well...

Yikes!

The scary thing is his record with Spurs was pretty impressive going by that link: 5 goals in 5 appearances + 12 subs. Just proves what they say about statistics!

I did see 2 of his goals at Easter Road. Well to be honest I didn't really because it was near impossible to see the far goals from that terracing. Can't remember his other goal though.

At this match....

Nov 1st, 1997

Saint Johnstone 4 Motherwell 3

It was 4-0 to the home side after an hour, then we got a pen a minute later and Hendry scored it!! Billy Davies and then TC had us just a goal behind within 12 minutes, but Bawldy Rowbotham denied us a stonewall penalty in the last minute to level. This was a week after we lost to a last minute fat arse Windass goal at Fir Park to the Sheepymehs.