In's And Out's

AndyRoss

exactly a whole lot of ifs and buts, so no firm statement to be made

the club might have decided to try and sell on one player if the price is right or as you suggest their might be a wholesale clearout, why would that be? and what would advertising it really bring about, probably reduce offers as other clubs definately know we grasping for cash.

The club has been quite professional so far, as such everything is rumour, so if something thats happening doesn't go through there is no egg on the face, players involved should not get labelled whoremeisters as McGhee did for publicly stating his plans

Whatever will be, will be, we'll just have to wait and see :lol:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen it on sky sports news that £800k deals been agreed.

Don't see how teams like Hibs will get £3m for Fletcher when we're only getting that for Clarkson. The Llanelli game is looking trickier as the days go by.

Does Fletcher not have a few years to run on his contract?

Thats the reason for the difference, albeit the gulf in price shouldn't be quite so wide.

I think £800k is very good business.

Does Fletcher not have a few years to run on his contract?

Thats the reason for the difference, albeit the gulf in price shouldn't be quite so wide.

I think £800k is very good business.

I agree with you, I do think £800k is good business with his contract running out next year.

But if Clarkson had 2 or 3 years to go on his contract do you think we receive £2m-£3m for him?

I dont think we'd get near that figure.

Hello,

I think £800k for a guy who has a year to run on his contract is good business. I am pleased for Clarkson. I think moving somewhere new will develop him better as a player. He had gone as far as he could at Motherwell and all the emotional baggage he had here could not have helped. Thanks for the memories and all the best Clarky.

I agree with you, I do think £800k is good business with his contract running out next year.

But if Clarkson had 2 or 3 years to go on his contract do you think we receive £2m-£3m for him?

I dont think we'd get near that figure.

I think we would get around £1.5 million.

But thats fair play to Hibs for backing up long term contracts with a determination to not let them go unless silly money is offered.

If it wasn't for the precedent set by the fees of O'Connor, Brown & Whittaker, Hibs would be lucky to get £1.5 million for Fletcher.

From the BBC website

Cardiff and Hearts eye up Quinn

Cardiff City and Hearts are hopeful of signing Motherwell's Paul Quinn, while fellow defender Mark Reynolds is also attracting interest from English clubs. Both clubs have made offers for the 23-year-old Quinn but have yet to meet the Fir Park outfit's valuation.

However, it is believed that the two suitors are not far away from agreeing a fee for the right-back.

Reynolds is also on the radar of clubs in the English Championship, although no firm offer has been made.

Unlike Quinn, the 22-year-old has two years left on his contract and previous suitors Rangers have not renewed their interest in the current economic climate.

Motherwell appear willing to sell their prize assets despite being a matter of days away from facing Llanelli in their opening Europa League qualifying tie.

The Scottish Premier League club are also without a manager after Mark McGhee's departure to Aberdeen.

Lawrie Sanchez, Steve Staunton, Jim Gannon and Aidy Boothroyd are on a four-man shortlist.

And Motherwell hope to announce their new boss early next week before Thursday's opening fixture of the season in Wales.

It is the economic downturn and the loss of television broadcasting funds following the collapse of Setanta that has led Motherwell to consider selling their top players.

It is the economic downturn and the loss of television broadcasting funds following the collapse of Setanta that has led Motherwell to consider selling their top players.

hee haw transfer kitty for the new manager if that's to be believed

hee haw transfer kitty for the new manager if that's to be believed
Until the new deal with Sky or ESPN is confirmed in July. If it's not confirmed then almost every other club will be in the same boat, so it will still be a level playing field as we compete for new players. (I know - that was a hell of a mixed metaphor with boats on playing fields :angry:)

Until the new deal with Sky or ESPN is confirmed in July. If it's not confirmed then almost every other club will be in the same boat, so it will still be a level playing field as we compete for new players. (I know - that was a hell of a mixed metaphor with boats on playing fields :angry: )

If there is no TV deal it will not be long until the other clubs start offloading their big earners!

Seems to me that our new man will have an opportunity to build long before the other clubs can start.

I give up!!!!!!!! not bothering to take out a season ticket now to watch a team go down. FFS

MMG what a fukin wank for leaving us in this state.

1 Keeper

No creative midfield except O Brien

Defence dodgey and the main hope and old guy who we hope dont get injured.

Strikers fukin nil plus

No manager.

Whats the fukin point

I give up!!!!!!!! not bothering to take out a season ticket now to watch a team go down. FFS

MMG what a fukin wank for leaving us in this state.

See ya :angry:

Or would you not be better just waiting and seeing what really happens, SEVEN WEEKS before the season starts don't you know, a lot can happen in Scottish football before then.

See ya :angry:

Or would you not be better just waiting and seeing what really happens, SEVEN WEEKS before the season starts don't you know, a lot can happen in Scottish football before then.

Aye rite were going to sign 5 players and a loyal manager.

That will be a first in our fukin history

Whats the fukin point

For 'fans' like you, there is no point. There are 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, though, NEMO, so maybe you can find a team to watch in one of them :angry: