In's And Out's

AndyRoss

I have to belive there is a plan in place although I'm not 100% convinced, else we could lose 3 -4 first team players from an already threadbare squad.

I see some suggestion that a new Gaffer is pulling the strings, for all our sake

Our defence is not the best anyway, without coach and Mark Reynolds I shudder to think.

With shug gone I thought maybe bringing someone in at the back and pushing hammy forward was the plan but buggered if I see the masterplan now.

Do we see the return of Cillian Sheridan on the cards ?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be sad to see Clarky go, I thought he was in it for the long term but we need the money I suppose. £800,000 for a player of Clarky's standard is maybe slightly below what us fans would have liked, was hoping maybe the bid could be bumped up past the £1 million mark.

Also heard a rumour that Quinn is wanted by Hearts and a couple of Championship teams. Can you help me out an confirm this is true??

Also heard a rumour that Quinn is wanted by Hearts and a couple of Championship teams. Can you help me out an confirm this is true??

Click

Cardiff City and Hearts are hopeful of signing Motherwell's Paul Quinn, while fellow defender Mark Reynolds is also attracting interest from English clubs.

Both clubs have made offers for the 23-year-old Quinn but have yet to meet the Fir Park outfit's valuation.

However, it is believed that the two suitors are not far away from agreeing a fee for the right-back.

Reynolds is also on the radar of clubs in the English Championship, although no firm offer has been made.

Unlike Quinn, the 22-year-old has two years left on his contract and previous suitors Rangers have not renewed their interest in the current economic climate.

Motherwell appear willing to sell their prize assets despite being a matter of days away from facing Llanelli in their opening Europa League qualifying tie.

The Scottish Premier League club are also without a manager after Mark McGhee's departure to Aberdeen.

Lawrie Sanchez, Steve Staunton, Jim Gannon and Aidy Boothroyd are on a four-man shortlist.

And Motherwell hope to announce their new boss early next week before Thursday's opening fixture of the season in Wales.

It is the economic downturn and the loss of television broadcasting funds following the collapse of Setanta that has led Motherwell to consider selling their top players.

Cheers Kyronical.

Quinn, Clarky and Reynolds all possibly going, not too sure where we will be able to get replacements from. I know we have Murphy who can take Clarky's place, Saunders can take Quinn's and either Hutchinson or Page can replace Reynolds but who would back them up if they got injured? We need new players as we have such a small squad and the loss of these three does not help matters.

To be honest we need a couple of centre backs if Reynolds goes because McLean is away too so that leaves on Craigan and the two youngsters, Page and Hutchinson. We also need a centre midfielder if not two, right back if Quinn goes and a striker.

His number of goals compared to number of games was shcokin though
Aye, but with one or two rare exceptions, it easily takes 6 months for a player to settle into a new team. I thought that once he had a few games under his belt he turned in a few sound performances.

Will Haining is without a club after leaving St Mirren.

No a bad player from what I seen of him last season so could be a cheap option if we do lose Coach.

I still believe the new manager will have an extensive shortlist of players at the ready though.

Plus I heard Haining's pumpin Michelle Marsh tae B-)

You're 'avin a laugh right? We're fucking Motherwell FC! Many people on here *looks at the auld yins* bought season tickets hoping that they wouldn't get relegated. Whoever said it on here a day or so ago was right, some Motherwell fans have been pampered too long.

If we lose our players, then the next line of Clarksons/Quinns/Reynolds will need to step up to the plate and knuckle down and battle away in the SPL. Even if we lose all three players, I very much doubt we'll be relegated this season.

Ok i get youre points and maybe ive over reacted to a point, but im just so frustrated at the lack of investment in the club so why should i invest my own hard earned money when those at the top wont?

Ok there are some players there to take over those that go but who replaces them if they get injuredhow badly did we struggle without craigs? As for being pampered when did that happen as i cant remember.

When i say i give up its more out of frustration as no doubt ill be there week in week out i just cant see the point in investing when the club wont. PAG for me i think.

If he's married ill rephrase it then.

Will Haining is making love to Michelle Marsh :P

Is it any wonder the guy is always injured? :P