In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some right dicks over on the Bristol board.

Clarkson is a 'boring' signing brought in from 'obscurity' who is not 'Bristol class' and is 'completely unknown'.

And people in Motherwell still use 'horse and carts' apparently.

:P

If you are reading the OTIB forum, I apologise. It is full of ' I am a better fan than you' types and the constant point scoring means alot of City fans don't post on there.

We aren't all bad and I, for one, am very pleased to see Dave in our red shirt!

A fair bit of what is being said is down to the total failiure of Lee Miller to hit a cows arse with a banjo while he was with us. That was a good few years ago and Gary J wouldn't make the same mistakes some of our previous Managers have made.

I am very confident Clarkson (is it David or Davie?) will be a success down here!

CU

A fair bit of what is being said is down to the total failiure of Lee Miller to hit a cows arse with a banjo while he was with us.

I have to say I was very surprised at that. Personally I think Lee Miller is a fantastic player that far too often doesn't get used properly.

He has obviously improved then Al! In fairness, he was probably too young to come down here at the time. I would imagine he would be very good down here now. When he came to City we were a league lower and he was painfully thin. I notice he is a much bulkier unit nowadays!

CU

Yeah I must admit even at Falkirk I liked the look of him. Only thing I can think is that like you say, he just wasnt ready for that move and didnt settle. Possibly the main SPL player that i'd like to see come to Fir Park!

Lee Miller went to Clyde Valley High if I mind right. Also, helped Paul Quinn pick out some wine the day in Morrisons in Wishaw. So much for him signing for Cardiff the day?

You ask him any probing questions?

Lee Miller went to Clyde Valley High if I mind right. Also, helped Paul Quinn pick out some wine the day in Morrisons in Wishaw. So much for him signing for Cardiff the day?

from what I heard, he was a godfather on sunday, so didnt want to drive down today. will be heading down and signing tomorrow

Falkirk have made a last-ditch attempt to beat SPL rivals St Mirren to the signature of Motherwell defender Brian McLean. (Daily Express)

From BBC

This shouldnae be. These are our rivals and both are in a worse financial state. I can't imagine Brian being offered too much more than what the Well are offering. Is there something else going on?

[/b]

This shouldnae be. These are our rivals and both are in a worse financial state. I can't imagine Brian being offered too much more than what the Well are offering. Is there something else going on?

Probably offered him a longer contract than the year that's on the table with us. IMO McLean is one of our better centre halfs and we should be trying to keep him unless of course Mr Gannon has other defenders in the pipeline.

Totally agree. We shouldn't be allowing McLean to leave without a fight. Especially to a team we will be competing directly with. Poor show.

Totally agree. We shouldn't be allowing McLean to leave without a fight. Especially to a team we will be competing directly with. Poor show.

Have to agree aswell. Its pretty embarassing if we are letting our rivals buy one of our best defenders without putting up a fight.

Maybe the club believe Hutchison could fill a place?

I see Aberdeen are now saying they might not be able to afford Hughes and are hoping he chooses them based on 'footballing reasons'.

It would make my day if we could get him to sign again -what a two fingered salute to McGhee that would be. :doh:

I think McGhee might have been deceived with Aberdeens budget :doh:

Compensation for MFC

Compensation for 3 x ex management team

McGhee and Leitches wages for 09 / 10 (allegedly lower than here)

Getting McGhee in has blown Aberdeen's budget - sound familiar

Is this true?

If yes was it a case that McGhee knew about the upcoming sales and just couldn't face a fight at FP as surely the cut backs at Pittodrie are on a par with ours!

I see Aberdeen are now saying they might not be able to afford Hughes and are hoping he chooses them based on 'footballing reasons'.

Had a chuckle at that. Shows McGhee's confidence (arrogance?) when he thinks that Hughes will take a pay cut and move his family North just to have the pleasure of McGhee as his boss.

What a boost it would be if we could keep Stephen Hughes. In terms of physicological advantage it would be a big one.

Listened to Radio Scotland sports update just before 1. Their reporter had spoken to Gannon at press conference.

Gannon has said he has 5 or 6 players in mind that he would like to bring in and has been speaking to agents & players.

Also noted that JB said he had been impressed by Gannon's knowledge of the English game. Could we hope for some Porter style signings and maybe some decent loanees?

Is this true?

If yes was it a case that McGhee knew about the upcoming sales and just couldn't face a fight at FP as surely the cut backs at Pittodrie are on a par with ours!

I think he is on the same wages. They were due to earn more but with the compo that the Dandies had to give us both he and Leitch had to reduce their wage demands to what they were on with us. I think that is where the 'reduction' thing is causing confusion.