In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naah, 'The Hump' surely? Last time we'd a six foot 'hump' on the wing, it was called Kevin Twaddle... :(

Already referring to him by that nickname!!

Bit harsh on Big Townsley to miss him out when describing a big Hump on the wing!! :huh:

Seems a decent signing but is league two and league one in England the standard of player we are at now!

Of course it is!!! Look at Shrewsbury Town. They play in a brand new 'SPL' style ground that is bigger than some SPL teams and in better condish than ours. They have a similar if not higher average attendance and pay the same basic wage.

The benefits the SPL DOES have over League 1/2 is it has more (slightly all the same) media/press exposure than the little leagues down there as the goldfish bowl effect extends around the English counties only, not the whole country like up here.

There is more chance of European Football/Cup runs further enhancing reputation and you get to play at two big fuck off stadiums a few times a year.

But apart from that, Motherwell Vs Shresbury Town? You are kidding yourselves on if you think we are the bigger team.

Seems a decent signing but is league two and league one in England the standard of player we are at now!
Aye, because every decent player in the world starts their career at Man U or Chelsea. It's impossible to pick up a good player anywhere else.

These players have to start somewhere. I think we are buying potential rather than a fully developed player. I think he should be judged by the interest he was attracting eg Aston Villa.

The harsh reality is that we have been priced out of Championship players. That is not neccesarily an indication of quality in that league.

From reading a couple of those links I think the consensus is that he could be a good player if coached properly. Maybe that's why Gannon thought he would get him on board.

Precisely mate.

I think the Jim Gannon philosophy is to get raw talent on board and turn them into gems. The thing I like about Gannon is that he appears to be genuinely interested in playing a pivotal role in developing the careers of young players.

ALLSWELL I was thinking that when I was typing it! Stupid boy that I am :)

Just been reading some of the links posted, so our new boy has pace to burn but needs told what to do by all accounts? Sounds like a footballer to me. Welcome to club Chris.

Just a thought on the next season, I know some fans think we will be bottom half and we need time to gel but what about this way of looking at it. Every other team apart from the unwashed have sold or are going to be selling the key players in there teams so will also need time to gel and I dont think the same managers signing the same old faces will cut it next year. We have a man who is opening up a new doors for us, we are brining in new tactics and players. Hamilton, Hibs, Falkirk have all lost key players. The talk at Rangers is of 2 or 3 of the better players going, so with next to no money and the bank screaming for its money Walter will raid say St. Midden and the likes.

I'm not saying we will win everything, or even anything but I do think we will see something entertaining and it will give us something to shout about. This is Motherwell after all.

In JG we trust

Mon the WELL

I seem to recall another Chris we signed from that level a couple years back and he did no' bad for us! :)

Part of the Motherwell rollercoaster has always been picking up the odd undiscovered gem from somewhere apparently random - how many of us had heard of Porter, Simo Valakari or even big Sieb before they joined us?

As someone else mentioned before, I'd much rather Gannon looks that bit further afield than the SPL so that we don't end up with the same journeymen getting hoored about. He's got a good knowledge of the lower leagues down there - Humphrey and Jennings won't be the last unknown we'll have gracing the new turf, I'm sure.

Exciting times...

Seems an impressive signing! Hes coming from a team who were winning nearly every week so the lad has a winning mentality about him and an attacking frame of mind from the off which could be a good thing. But the point about all good players dont start at Man Utd, Chelsea etc is a very valid one, was Theo Walcott not signed from Bournemouth to Southampton to Arsenal and Ian Wright too? Also Dan Gosling didnt come through Evertons ranks, he was snapped up from Plymouth. Correct me if im wrong but arent a few Premiership teams trying to sign a boy from Leeds in League 1 for 7 million squids?

A three year deal also? Signs of change at The 'Ark!

Realistically, are there any SPL players out there in our price range who you would want at Fir Park ? I genuinely cannot think of one player I have seen come up against us in the past couple of seasons and thought "he could do a job for us".

I think it's exciting and refreshing that Jim Gannon is bringing in players we have never heard of - and more importantly it will again make us something of an unknown quantity to the other SPL sides - which can very quickly work in our favour, and going by Jimbo's record I have every faith in what he is doing.

Stuart.

Part of the Motherwell rollercoaster has always been picking up the odd undiscovered gem from somewhere apparently random - how many of us had heard of Porter, Simo Valakari or even big Sieb before they joined us?

Not to mention Skippy, Van der Gaag and am sure there is loads of others.

AYE! Theres pleanty out there as the won the Euro U18 and U21 championships this year, however teams such as Bremen and Liverpool have already snatched them.

Thats right, also I think for example players like Khedira, who are playing in the Bundesliga with Stuttgart, wouldn´t go to Motherwell, they get there chance to play in the First teams, and If not maybee with Stuttgart they would go to Frankfurt or some Teams lower in the Bundesliga.....

It´s just a question of Money..

Thats right, also I think for example players like Khedira, who are playing in the Bundesliga with Stuttgart, wouldn´t go to Motherwell, they get there chance to play in the First teams, and If not maybee with Stuttgart they would go to Frankfurt or some Teams lower in the Bundesliga.....

It´s just a question of Money..

I think location has alot to do with it... Scotland isn't quite el scortchio and desirable to look at! A foreigner coming over to play for 6 months to a year who is used to a slow pace of life and decent culture will be very depressed within a week!

I think location has alot to do with it... Scotland isn't quite el scortchio and desirable to look at! A foreigner coming over to play for 6 months to a year who is used to a slow pace of life and decent culture will be very depressed within a week!

I like Scotland, so I would come over..... :D:D

:D:D

Where does he come from ??

Have seen him listed as being born in Walsall then South Africa and now the Racing Post stats page has him born in Jamaica.

Does anybody know ??

Don't want the Ease End Baby Crew buying the wrong flags to wave at him.

P.S. Don't buy any St George's cross flags for Jennings please.