In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought it was decided after roadrunner that players' maws weren't allowed to post?

I also thought it was decided that a lot of u boys dont listen to what sensible people and the gaffer say about new players he may hav only played in leauge 2 but just watch out!!!

A commanding centre half and a striker are a must before the season starts. If JG gets these type of players in I'll be reasonably happy with the players we have. I think another goalie wouldn't go a miss either after what I've seen of Fraser but defender and striker are the players I'd like to see added next.

I'm intrigued to see what type of striker we are after.

I'd take back big Sheridan in an instant but I doubt that will materialise. Paul Gallagher is another but I guess he will end up in the Championship.

either of the two of them would be ideal but i think well out our range. someone along those lines would be great though, a bit of height but mobile as well.

I agree with what has been said.

We have what seems to be two unknown but extremely good signings by the sounds of things but we still need a few more players through the door such as a goalie, one or two strikers (a mobile penalty box player as someone put it is perfect), centre mid, centre half and a right back.

I agree with what has been said.

We have what seems to be two unknown but extremely good signings by the sounds of things but we still need a few more players through the door such as a goalie, one or two strikers (a mobile penalty box player as someone put it is perfect), centre mid, centre half and a right back.

I agree with what you agree with!

As much as we certainly do need all those players, we may be doing extremely well to land all of them.

I would be reasonably happy to start the season with a back four of Saunders, Craigan, Reynolds and Hammell. So a striker is an absolute must. A goalie might not go amiss either.

I certainly am very intrigued to see what Gannons signings can do. Hopefully he's unearthed a couple of gems....with more to follow.

You boys should watch what u say about the knew signing im seen him play about 20 odd times and he is versitile fast mobile and certainly not pish this will probably be the best signing Jim Gannon will make as if we do proggress in europe he will run rings around the best of europes players on a gd playing surface like the new well pitch good luck to him and y if hes here for 2 years we can then shift him 4 around 1 to 2 million

Get off the forum Mr. Humphrey. :ph34r:

I think location has alot to do with it... Scotland isn't quite el scortchio and desirable to look at! A foreigner coming over to play for 6 months to a year who is used to a slow pace of life and decent culture will be very depressed within a week!

Germany isn't elscorchio in winter either. In the Summer it is too hot. As for desirable to look at, half an hour outside glasgow some of the best scenery in the world/ some of the best shell suits too. Culture? dripping, This is the home of the enlightenment. Western world owes us. Nuff said.

From a football point of view then aye we are gash!

As for Humphreys welcome to the well. Think he wil be a cracking gem who we will need to be patient with. Pace means a lot particularly in this league. Question is though will Sutton be able to get in the box for a cross.

Welcome to Motherwell Chris, all the best!

Here's to some more additions in the next week or so, preferably a keeper, defender, midfielder and striker, maybe a right back too.

What like M8 turns to Mate?

(How comes that didnae change M8)

Because it's not been formatted yet. Of course certain words could cause a problem, like M8 since there is a very busy motorway between Edinburgh and Glasgow called the M8 :ph34r:

We've taken a young winger called Josh Gillies on trial from non-league football in North East England. He was on the bench for Blyth Spartans on Saturday against Dunfermline and will sign for them if his trial with us doesn't come off.

Clicky

great. i hope gannon isn't judging the quality of the spl by what he's seen from some of the more footballingly challenged members of our squad.

the spl is about on a par with the bottom half of the championship, just signing guys from league two and non league isn't going to be good enough.

We've taken a young winger called Josh Gillies on trial from non-league football in North East England. He was on the bench for Blyth Spartans on Saturday against Dunfermline and will sign for them if his trial with us doesn't come off.

Clicky

Wonder if it is this same guy.... Loadsa mentions.... and a pic here.... Gillies v rashellic

He's also been turning out for Newcastle Blue Star (alongside former 'Well player Jamie McLen) Toon BlueStar

Clicky

That's an interesting one. Did Shaun Hutchinson not come from that part of the world also. Could well be coincidence, or could be an example of the type of keen scouting that was being talked of one of the threads on here in the last wee while.

Think Jonathon Page might also have come from down south as well so perhaps there is some kind of network there or at least some who are keeping the club abreast of some promising young talent in Englandshire.

Hi, I just thought I'd give you a Shrews fans view on Chris humphrey .

Honestly , it could go either way for him . In the early part of last season he seemed to be making great strides and doing some real damage in terms of getting into dangerous positions and on occasions getting some decent crosses into the forwards. As the season wore on the the opposition seemed to work him out and would often double up on him reducing his effectiveness . I haven't seen many players with the pace that he possesses and if somebody can help him develop an end product then you will have a very good player on your hands .

Our run into the play-off final was typical of Chris - exceptional in the last game of the season at Dagenham but pretty ineffective in the final at Wembley . I really hope it works out for him though .

NB: I saw the video on youtube of your fans marchig through Llanelli in the Europa ? cup - what a great bunch of fans . I just adopted you as my team in the SPL