In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheridan was really pish. A big fcuking jessie who didnt look like he was particularly interested.

The best compliment I can pay him is that he wasn't as bad as Calum Elliott.

Bit harsh! :blink:

Even though he didnt get a regular run out in the team I thought he showed flashes of being a good player! In time, with regular 1st team football could be a good SPL striker - which in all fairness is his level

Interesting interview with Humphrey, although the bit that caught my eye was the quote from Gannon at the end

"I've found quite a few players are attracted by the chance to work with myself and the staff and I think people are excited by the SPL and the profile of the league and obviously European football."

Well, if they're good enough, and we can afford them, get them in sharpish, Mr Gannon...

Well for those that are wondering we won't be seeing Klimpl and Hughes back now. 3 signings all midfielders and the emergence this season (I'm sure) of Slane and Forbes and still having guys like Lasley and Fitzpatrick etc. on the books there probably isn't room. If we are to get FOUR more permanent players I'd like to see it being

1 GK

1 defender

2 strikers

As for FOUR loan deals I'd take two defenders, one more midfielder, and a striker.

I don't know how to do the link, but there's a bit on Northampton Town's website disputing Motherwell's claim that he has signed for us. They say their new contract offer was accepted by his agent by his email.

He certainly sounds the part - a 6ft attacking, creative midfielder.

I don't know how to do the link, but there's a bit on Northampton Town's website disputing Motherwell's claim that he has signed for us. They say their new contract offer was accepted by his agent by his email.

The plot thickens! Probably discard it though as he's at Fir Park holding a Motherwell top in the official photo. ;)

Here it is http://www.ntfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1727392,00.html

http://www.ntfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1727392,00.html

Scottish Premier League side Motherwell are claiming the signing of Northampton Town midfielder Giles Coke.

Coke was out of contract at the end of last season, and was offered terms to stay at Sixfields. Although the midfielder was out of the country when the deadline for accepting the terms (June 16th) expired, those terms were accepted on his behalf by his agent via email.

However, despite his agent accepting the terms on his behalf - and when the player returned from holiday the agent confirmed the date his client would sign - the player refused to sign the contract his agent had agreed and although Giles trained and played for the club during pre-season, we believe the agent was trying to secure a move away from Sixfields for his client.

Coke has now travelled to Motherwell and has signed a contract, which the club is disappointed to learn. Northampton Town do not accept this course of events and in view of the unusual circumstances, we have sought advice from professional bodies to determine whether compensation is due.

The club are very disappointed at how things have transpired, having acted in all good faith to support the player and offer terms that were deemed acceptable by the player and confirmed by the agent, whom the player has a binding representation agreement with.

We are unable to comment further until the legal process has been completed.

Link

They seem to be looking for compensation. Dont know how far they will get as he didnt actually sign the contract.

Just looks as if they have been done by the agent.