Last 5 Games.....

WellMartyn

Will You Be Coming Back For the Rest of The Season?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. ...

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never made the game today due to feeling a tad rough. Admittedly however, I've seen me going to many a game in the winter months over the years feeling a lot worse. The prospect of battling it out for a top 6 spot just didn't prompt any sense of excitement today.

However I will be back for a couple of games before the end of the season on the presumption that a fair few youngsters are given a run in the team. If Murphy takes the opportunity to suggest that he is the real deal at this level and/or we unearth another young talent that looks capable, then we can go into the summer with some hope.

I'll definitely be back, can't understand people who won't as we have been through a hell of a lot worse than this in the past.I think some people would rather see us in a relegation fight? B-)

:wacko: Yes, actually. In fact I would personally love it if we went down!! As long as the risk of closure wasn't there then I owuld love trips to Airdrie, Kirkcaldy, Ayr etc.. B-) Better crack than fucking Killie, Inverness and Falkirk etc... four times a season AGAIN. Plus we would have a chance of winning something to come back up!!

Not at the wind up, would actually really like to drop down to the first division!! What are we ever going to achieve in this league, Europe once a decade to get pumped out in the first round each time!?

See the split? What is the point in it? We all seem to have accepted this shitey rule without asking 'What the fuck does it actually do'?

I could understand the split being there if I noticed ANY benifit it gives to the league. It's an absolute joke. I'll be going back but I wouldn't dream of it if I didn't already have a season ticket.

on paper its not too bad an idea, in that we could have 6 teams fighting for the title and all the European runs that go with it, and the other 6 teams in a relegation dogfight, all fighting for SP(HEL)L survival.

the reality though is somewhat far removed from the ideal, as most seasons the title will go to one of the Bigot Brothers and the other 4 are fighting for European scraps.

and at the other end of the split you normally have 1 possibly 2 teams detatched at the bottom, facing almost certain relegation and the rest just seeing out the season by going through the motions !!

like I said on paper its a great idea, in practice its shit !!

Personally I think it has the potential to work in other countries with relatively small leagues, but ultimately they need to have a decent level of competition within the leagues (which is where ours fails badly).

at the start of most seasons in the SPL you could pick the 2 title contenders, and pick 2 or 3 teams that will be involved in a relegation fight, and probably go as far as picking the 2 or 3 that will be involved in fighting for a European slot !!

Highly predictable league, but then again you could probably say the same about the Premiership !??

dont see why people should stop going now, shows who the real fans are

its 5 games to see the well

poor show peeps poor show

Here you, use this --->

w376.jpg

..To get aff yer high horse

Who are you to say I am not a real fan if I don't pay the fat part of 60 notes to go to, say Inverness v Motherwell in a post split game!!! Lucky if 60 people make that trip, you saying Motherwell FC have just 60 real fans!!?

And even the home games, I have paid my season ticket but unless I move to fir park street it is going to cost me money and time. A commitment for nothing in return. Absolutely nothing. Why do the players and manager that served up THAT today deserve that!! Away an' chase yerself.

Does anyone rembmer when Butcher was in charge and we were in the bottom 6? Some of the worst games of football I've ever seen.

True....but I also remember stickin with it and going to Hampden 3 out of the following 4 seasons :rolleyes:

just to apologise

i'm sorry for the "real fans" thing i posted earlier

i was just wound up by todays result and now i've calmed down a bit, although i dont see the point in not attending home games if you have a season ticket

but on a side note lets be there to give the lads a real cheer at the last 2 games at home (ICT and Accies i think it will be?) and show them that no matter what there will always be supported

Viva Motherwell

I'll definitely be back, can't understand people who won't as we have been through a hell of a lot worse than this in the past. :rolleyes:

I'll second that. I've bought my season ticket and intend to use it, and I'll be renewing. If I only wanted to watch my team play well and win most weeks I'd go to Ibrox or Parkhead or be an armchair fan of the likes of Chelsea, Manchester United or Liverpool. Gloryhunting is not for me.

We bottled it big time today and, yes perhaps shot oursleves in the foot. I'm gutted but I'll be back. Fortunately for MFC there's a lot more like me.

I'll be there. Was considering giving 2 of the away games a miss since football costs an arm and a leg nowadays, but loyalitys loyality and i'll no doubt be a mug and take in some non entertaining, nothing to play for, usual shite top flight relegation group football!

Canny wait for the next 5 weeks, gonnae be a belter! :rolleyes:

I'll be back.

Think of the altenatives, shopping with the wife, or sitting in the house probably with the radio on to hear how things are going at the game.

We are 'Well fans and should be used to what happened today and as these boards show we all know how to vent our feelings when expectations are raised only to be dashed.

C'mon the 'Well let the young guns have a big part in the remaining fixtures

:D:D:rolleyes::D:O

There's no reason for us to turn into old firm fans.

It was bad and extremely disappointing today of course. However lets hope starting tomorrow some necks get wound back in.

I think this has been a disappointing season both on the park and in the stands.

I'm wae you mate, its only fickle folk and OF fans that I usually hear complaining when their team doesn't have a good day!

We M'Well fans should get behind the team especially when they are rank rotten like today, thats what surely separates us from them! We didn't chose to support 'Well based on them winning every game and we should all know by now the ups and the down associated with following the Well.

The team have been disappointing by the standards set last season but when you compare this season to the one under Malpas...I'd take this season any day of the week!!!