Team For The Next 5 Games

MelvinBragg

I honestly believe that our chances of getting that one win to secure seventh are not improved by playing guys like Hughes, Smith, Klimpl and McLean, guys who may not be here next season. Even those first teamers who will be here next year may have one eye on their summer holidays. It also gives us the chance to rest guys whose form is shading, Mark Reynolds being the obvious example...

Aye but will it happen that way. I'd be quite surprised if we don't stick with more or less usual team. So fingers crossed we get a win, other results go our way and there no pressure to get 7th and McGhee could then without any fear try out whoever he thinks might have something to offer.

I agree completely with Melvin, the only way you can find out if young guys can cut it, is by giving them playing time. And lets face it the days of 18 and 19 year olds not being ready are long gone...most teams/clubs have guys these ages who have been playing first team footy for a couple of seasons.

I do also agree with the guys that are against wholesale changes though, I think a good way to find out what the younger guys can do is maybe for one game, bring a couple of young strikers in and play them with the first team, then next game, give a young guy a game next to Hughes etc. We already know the youngsters can play alongside each other, so bringing a bunch of them in at the same time isn't gonna tell us much that we dont already know from reserve/U19 games. Bring a couple of them in per game so that we can find out if they can slot into our first team.

We need to ensure 7th place for the money involved but I'd like to see a few of the youngsters get a chance to show what they can do. Only thing is, and I've not seen the under-19s play, although they're in 4th place they don't seem to have been doing as well as in previous seasons. Bob McHugh has been mentioned but he has only scored 6 goals. Callum Hendrie is the only one to have scored more, on 10 goals, but nobody has suggested bringing him in.

As I say, I've not seen them but the forums have hardly been packed with glowing reports.

The last home game is a game for most of the first team to be filled up with the U19's. We have seen this year with our 'best' prospect, Murphy, that he is not ready to play against grown men. He just hasn't cut the mustard. If we pitch these weans in against experienced professionals at the likes of Falkirk or St Mirren they will get slaughtered. Maybe one at a time but lets try ands get our first team a win or two eh?

ON a more positive note, looking at the names listed I suddenly remembered the boy Paul Slane, he looked tremendous in pre season and even got a game at the start of the season, what happened to him?