Boss Happy To Stay

Welldaft Mk1

"I am committed to Motherwell and my position hasn't changed just because we have failed to make the top six," McGhee said.

"I am committed to Motherwell. I have no other offers on the table and I don't have an agent or agents out there trying to get me a job. I have no intention of job seeking or punting myself elsewhere.

"I still feel there is a lot more to come from this team and I feel I can get it out of the boys.

"I have already sat down with John Boyle and Stuart Robertson to start making plans for the new season. I am also trying to arrange pre-season and to bring new players in for next season."

Despite the disappointment in missing out on the top 6 I for one am glad that he still appears committed to the cause. I think we stand a better chance of success with him than without him. My main concern is the lack of finances to add decent players to the squad for next season. I am sure that will also be his main concern!!

"I am committed to Motherwell and my position hasn't changed just because we have failed to make the top six," McGhee said.

"I am committed to Motherwell. I have no other offers on the table and I don't have an agent or agents out there trying to get me a job. I have no intention of job seeking or punting myself elsewhere.

"I still feel there is a lot more to come from this team and I feel I can get it out of the boys.

"I have already sat down with John Boyle and Stuart Robertson to start making plans for the new season. I am also trying to arrange pre-season and to bring new players in for next season."

Despite the disappointment in missing out on the top 6 I for one am glad that he still appears committed to the cause. I think we stand a better chance of success with him than without him. My main concern is the lack of finances to add decent players to the squad for next season. I am sure that will also be his main concern!!

I have had a shit day today but that has really cheered me up. I am delighted he has gone on record and been quite unequivocal about his committment to the club.

Terrific news.

I've been critical about things McGhee has said in the past, but fair play for this. Exactly what we, and perhaps out of contract players and potential signings, were needing to hear.

Quite looking forward to next season and seeing how the squad changes over the summer.

We're in a position where we can't afford not to bring anyone in, so it'll be interesting to see who McGhee can come up with. Are Maman and Soley still kicking about!? :(

No doubt someone will come along saying why was he speaking about it in the first place, but thats a great response and a far cry from what we have perhaps been used to from him.

Hopefully we'll get off to a good start in the summer with regards to signings and actually have some solid players in place before the season.

I think the fact that a middling Championship team can get Roy Keane shows how far down the pecking order McGhee is when it comes to the Championship/Premiership jobs. Celtic or Aberdeen may have an interest but I think both will stick over the summer and he will be left with no options. Which on balance suits me fine!

I think the fact that a middling Championship team can get Roy Keane shows how far down the pecking order McGhee is when it comes to the Championship/Premiership jobs. Celtic or Aberdeen may have an interest but I think both will stick over the summer and he will be left with no options. Which on balance suits me fine!

I get the impression Celtic will be looking for a manager this summer irrespective of where the title ends up as I hear that Strachan is sick of the media/goldfish bowl that goes with the Celtic job. That and not getting credit for the job he has done. Though it's certain that McGhee won't be top of their list. I've heard the name Owen Coyle mentioned, believe it or not...

Is that the same Aberdeen that can't afford to keep their players? :wallbash:

Good news, perhaps will give everyone a bit of a lift for the rest of the season.

Also good to hear that he is already speaking to players for mext season.

I get the impression Celtic will be looking for a manager this summer irrespective of where the title ends up as I hear that Strachan is sick of the media/goldfish bowl that goes with the Celtic job. That and not getting credit for the job he has done. Though it's certain that McGhee won't be top of their list. I've heard the name Owen Coyle mentioned, believe it or not...

I agree with you there Melvin. I have no doubts that Strachan will leave in the summer. My mate is a ST holder at Parkhead, and he and a few of the guys that sit next to him heard a month or so back that they had approached a Bosnian manager to take over.

I agree with you there Melvin. I have no doubts that Strachan will leave in the summer. My mate is a ST holder at Parkhead, and he and a few of the guys that sit next to him heard a month or so back that they had approached a Bosnian manager to take over.

Who Cares !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why not let ''THEM'' deal with their own shit..............

'happy to stay' - That's because he will have hee haw option!!!!

No clubs interested anymore - Found out again!!!

Have to agree with the new guy. This time last season his stock was sky high but the constant links to every managerial position available or pending seem to have died a bit of a death. "Found out" is maybe a bit strong but the honeymoon is most definately over.

Can't criticise the guy for his comments which will undoubtedly win some favour with the fans. I'd do exactly the same but lets not get too carried away. If the FHW job came up again tomorrow (hypothetical), I firmly believe he'd be for the off.

Great comments from the gaffer.

I have said before, but I fully expect him to have another season with us. He is a man of pride and I'm sure he wants to leave a lasting mark with the Well fans (ie Cup win, etc). HE will have one more go before leaving.

As for the link with Celtic, on the back of this season he doesn't have the momentum or reputation to land him the Celtic job, although no doubt if Strachan departs he will recommend his big mate as a possible replacement. And while I think McGhee could do a great job at Celtic, he is not a big enough name yet.

As for the constant link with Aberdeen, its just not gonna happen. If he knocked back Hearts last year, he will not go to Aberdeen this year. Plus I think Calderwood will still be Aberdeen gaffer come the start of the 09/10 season.

If he stays because he only wants to be here - Ideal.

If he stays because no-one else comes in for him - fine by me.

Like a lot of others, some of the things he comes out with rub me up the wrong way, but its just a fraction of the amount that he rubs fans of other clubs up the wrong way, and thats perfect. When you get a man as outspoken as Mark McGhee, you arent going to like or agree with everything he says, but personally as long as the bulk of it is from the point of view of being behind us and talking us up, thats fine. It's a long way from the days of managers publicly stating that we weren't good enough, and listing the things that we couldnt do. Sure maybe some of it is a bit over ambitious at times, but I very much subscribe to the "us against the world" mentality, and McGhees comments, even the ones I dont agree with, always seem to come from that stance, so thats spot on for me.