Clarky - 250 Up!

Guest 'Flow

David Clarkson is certainly not the most skilful player we've ever had at FP but when it comes to playing for the jersey and putting his heart into things then IMO he's up there with the best of them.

Remember this is a young man who came into the SPL to play for us at the lowest point in our history and due to circumstances, was over-played for someone as young. Although he's now still only 23 he could be regarded as a veteran and if every player that played in C&A put as much into every game as he does then I think we'd all be very happy.

Sums up perfectly why I love the guy. Even if we get a player with the same level of ability (on our budget, doubtful), would we get someone as willing to run himself into the ground for the cause? At the moment, letting this guy leave would be folly of the highest order...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone has their worth Melvin but we shouldn't be actively looking to sell. I always felt he got a real hard time during his barren spell with us as he was still trying his utmost and the pressure he had been put under was unfair.

I actually can't think of a harder working striker in the SPL, plenty of them are better than him and at times he is a frustration because of his heavy first touch but for our level we'll struggle to find better. We need a midfielder with a similar drive to compliment Hughes and I think we would have a real engine to our team. Every team needs a Clarkson or two but filling it with eleven of them won't get you far.

St Mirren a fortnight ago I thought DC had his worst game for quite a time, kept giving the ball away, took a kicking, knocked the ball out - but he kept coming back for more. Someone like Brian Kerr would only do that once in a game for fear of looking like a fool - reason, he stays away from the ball,

He might not be the best player we've ever had....

....but he's the best player we've got!

Clarkson is the best player in our squad right now and actually one of the better players in the league, as his international place and the goal scoring lists show.

You take Clarkson and Hammell out of this present day Motherwell side and you could just put "Motherwell 0" on every result.

Ok, I think I know what you mean. Yes, its a great achievement he manged his way so far, esp considering the other players and see where they end up. You are right on this one.

The reason why he is still around is imho the fact that he came in a scored, which was terrific at that time and he came through the Well youth. Apart from that, Motehrwell never really had anyone else to play upfront in the 2nd string, did they? Everyone was hoping for him to find his form again. He scored a nice sum of goals this season but that still doesnt make me think he is as good as people make him.

I sometimes have the feeling, people do wear kind of "'Well Glasses" when they see DC. That player in another team, would be insulted esp from some people in this board.

Well for Scoring goals he is up there, for actually footballing Skills he is miles, may I say Lightyears away from Fletcher or Miller. Miller is not as good, but Fletcher does offer lots of more things than goals and running through a brick wall. Easy ride is ok, but only to a certain extend.

No, they arent wrong. I simply think that Clarkson is not as good as people make him. Pobably also due to the standard of Football palyers these days in Scotland.

As for the Scotland game: Can you remember how many players actually pulled out in that game?

And for

You are probably right.

Depends on who is around you as well :)

Flow, I do understand you are trying to defend him, but you dont need to. I do see he is not a rubbish player, but simply dont think he is as good as people make him.

As for Scott McDonald, how come he scored another 45 goals over the last 2 seasons without Clarkson?

So let me think: I can put anyone upfront with a Barca team and he will score? I dont think so. You play against much better opponents, esp in Scotland, where as all Non-Old Firm teams put in an extra shift to stop them from scoring. That is probably the case in every country!

I dont think you are right there!

You are a cock of the highest order.

Thats the biggest case of fishing on here since me when the site went back up.

1st one, No. When Clarkson hit poor form he was dropped. He came back and provided the majority of the running to give McDonald tap in's or wide open spaces to set himself up for a shot.

2nd, OK, Davie "falls down all the time but not as much as he used too" Clarkson isn't as good a footballer as Steven "falls down all the time" Fletcher? For a start, they are different types of players. Clarkson being a forward, supporting attacker, whereas Fletch is an out and out striker. Clarksons position calls for a lot of running. Fletchers calls for a good first touch, being able to turn a man and get an extra yard, wait, did Clarkson not do that against the Czechs for Scotland?

3rd, What game? he was talking about how he's been in almost every squad since he was first called up. It doesn't matter about call offs. If you get in and score then no one can complain.

4th,5th and 6th. It does depend on who is around you. Unfortunately for Clarkson he has been one of the main suppliers to the Striker in the team for years. Last year was a bit of a reprieve with McCormack being on form but none the less he does a hell of a lot more for the team than just score goal.

Any decent forward player could go to Barca and score for fun. Even Robyn and she's a lassie who thinks Messi is the best player in the world.

Just do what you'd be best at. Loose after this long struggle.

David Clarkson is a GOOD player.

He won the Raffle :)

1st one, No. When Clarkson hit poor form he was dropped. He came back and provided the majority of the running to give McDonald tap in's or wide open spaces to set himself up for a shot.

2nd, OK, Davie "falls down all the time but not as much as he used too" Clarkson isn't as good a footballer as Steven "falls down all the time" Fletcher? For a start, they are different types of players. Clarkson being a forward, supporting attacker, whereas Fletch is an out and out striker. Clarksons position calls for a lot of running. Fletchers calls for a good first touch, being able to turn a man and get an extra yard, wait, did Clarkson not do that against the Czechs for Scotland?

3rd, What game? he was talking about how he's been in almost every squad since he was first called up. It doesn't matter about call offs. If you get in and score then no one can complain.

4th,5th and 6th. It does depend on who is around you. Unfortunately for Clarkson he has been one of the main suppliers to the Striker in the team for years. Last year was a bit of a reprieve with McCormack being on form but none the less he does a hell of a lot more for the team than just score goal.

Any decent forward player could go to Barca and score for fun. Even Robyn and she's a lassie who thinks Messi is the best player in the world.

I never thought I would agree with Frazza B on anything but he's right you are a cock put down your fishing rod.

Thanks for the nice words, no I am not throwing these kind of words back, I not going that poor way :) You are much more qualified for these kind of words :)

It wasnt me who tried to compare Fletcher, Miller and Clarkson, so please address this to the one who started to compare them :)

And for the Rest: Well done! I appriciate your opinion, but that wouldnt change mine a single bit, hope you are not too disappointed in that :O . I have never asked anyone to agree with my opinion, so actually I dont see the point of your post. If you dont agree, fair enough if you do, thats cool as well, but maybe you should check your post again and not to act like a wee boy, who has got his toys taken away :)

Thanks for the nice words, no I am not throwing these kind of words back, I not going that poor way :) You are much more qualified for these kind of words :)

It wasnt me who tried to compare Fletcher, Miller and Clarkson, so please address this to the one who started to compare them :)

And for the Rest: Well done! I appriciate your opinion, but that wouldnt change mine a single bit, hope you are not too disappointed in that :O . I have never asked anyone to agree with my opinion, so actually I dont see the point of your post. If you dont agree, fair enough if you do, thats cool as well, but maybe you should check your post again and not to act like a wee boy, who has got his toys taken away :)

Well for Scoring goals he is up there, for actually footballing Skills he is miles, may I say Lightyears away from Fletcher or Miller. Miller is not as good, but Fletcher does offer lots of more things than goals and running through a brick wall. Easy ride is ok, but only to a certain extend.

Oh wait. So you did try to compare those two to David Clarkson. Then Denied it.

That is epic fail.

Maybe you should check your posts a bit before calling anyone else up on theirs.

I didn't say about agreeing or disagreeing with you. I was meerly saying you are a cock.

Stick to talking pish about Alemannia Aachen.

Oh wait. So you did try to compare those two to David Clarkson. Then Denied it.

That is epic fail.

Maybe you should check your posts a bit before calling anyone else up on theirs.

I didn't say about agreeing or disagreeing with you. I was meerly saying you are a cock.

Stick to talking pish about Alemannia Aachen.

Me falling? Go and check your mates post first. How about you do your work first and than actually complain. Not very wise :)

There is a very small word, which you might have overlooked as you were angrily writing your post. May I help you? The word is "started". It means that someone else started to compare these 3 players. :)

The fact he's only scored one gaol fewer than Steven Fletcher and two more than Lee Miller, guys who get raved about in the media, tells me he's a more than decent SPL striker. The fact that he genuinely seems to love playing for Motherwell probably means he gets an easier ride or more praise from some of us. As it's always been for guys who give 100% for Well...

Then I answered to his post? Who is the cock now? :)

Well, why actually bother about a 19 years old boy who tries to be smart :)

Me falling? Go and check your mates post first. How about you do your work first and than actually complain. Not very wise :)

There is a very small word, which you might have overlooked as you were angrily writing your post. May I help you? The word is "started". It means that someone else started to compare these 3 players. :)

Then I answered to his post? Who is the cock now? :)

Well, why actually bother about a 19 years old boy who tries to be smart :)

Aww, I get you. Because a man made a comparison between the limelight given to two other above average non-old frim strikers in the SPL to the lack of limelight given to DC that means comparing the players.

Wait, thats no right. He compared the stats. Clarkson being statiscically as good as them. Which helps his opinion that he is a decent striker. You actually compared the players. Saying that their footballing skills were lightyears ahead of Clarksons. You must watch a hell of a lot of Aberdeen and Hibs games to make that judgement.

And what do you mean,"Whos the cock now?"

I know I'm a cock and always have been.

I'm just thankful I'm not as big a cock as you.

Edit: Falling? Yeah, that is epic fail.

I'm just thankful I'm not as big a cock as you.

Edit: Falling? Yeah, that is epic fail.

:) You got me there. Like that actually when I read this again.

Not sure who is the bigger cock though, when you have a problem with my opinion on David Clarkson. I still say he has got no great skill and he is overrated, whether you like it or not.

Istead of just writing "you are a cock", why dont you actually say something worthy and add something to the conversation or is this too hard for you?

Wait, thats no right. He compared the stats. Clarkson being statiscically as good as them. Which helps his opinion that he is a decent striker. You actually compared the players. Saying that their footballing skills were lightyears ahead of Clarksons. You must watch a hell of a lot of Aberdeen and Hibs games to make that judgement.

Lets put it this way: I have seen enough games from Clarkson, to make my judgement!

When the poster said that Clarkson scored as many goals as 2 other players, is this not comparing? No? You actually used the word "compared", so what else should it be?

:) You got me there. Like that actually when I read this again.

Not sure who is the bigger cock though, when you have a problem with my opinion on David Clarkson. I still say he has got no great skill and he is overrated, whether you like it or not.

Istead of just writing "you are a cock", why dont you actually say something worthy and add something to the conversation or is this too hard for you?

Lets put it this way: I have seen enough games from Clarkson, to make my judgement!

When the poster said that Clarkson scored as many goals as 2 other players, is this not comparing? No? You actually used the word "compared", so what else should it be?

Simply put. He might have compared them. However, You compared said players abilities. This is something you can't judge properly as I assume you've seen Miller and Fletcher around maybe 6 times this season if you are lucky.

That give that point no basis of truth and has simply been made to make your argument look stronger. I don't think Clarkson is the greatest player in the world. I don't even think he is the best player in the current Motherwell squad. Despite this, he is a good player and his track record is something you cannot deny.

You are a cock, thats why I said it. The only thing thats hard for me is actually trying to make out what your posts actually mean.

p.s. I figured it out, they mean fuck all.

Simply put. He might have compared them. However, You compared said players abilities. This is something you can't judge properly as I assume you've seen Miller and Fletcher around maybe 6 times this season if you are lucky.

That give that point no basis of truth and has simply been made to make your argument look stronger. I don't think Clarkson is the greatest player in the world. I don't even think he is the best player in the current Motherwell squad. Despite this, he is a good player and his track record is something you cannot deny.

You are a cock, thats why I said it. The only thing thats hard for me is actually trying to make out what your posts actually mean.

p.s. I figured it out, they mean fuck all.

Another great post, with some nice words. Like your language skills. Well Done! :)

Just simply put it that way: I dont rate Clarkson as much as people would like here. His record? I mentioned a few times that he score a nice sum of goals this season, but does that mean I need to rate him as a good player? You might be right saying I didnt see Fletcher or Miller really often, but from what I have seen, Clarkson never showed me anything, that I should put him into the same league as Fletcher and/or Miller.

And you can post as many posts as you want to and you still couldnt make me think different, yet I repeat myself, I dont expect anyone to agree, but I surely must be able to express my opinion whether people like it or not?!?

Another great post, with some nice words. Like your language skills. Well Done! :D

Just simply put it that way: I dont rate Clarkson as much as people would like here. His record? I mentioned a few times that he score a nice sum of goals this season, but does that mean I need to rate him as a good player? You might be right saying I didnt see Fletcher or Miller really often, but from what I have seen, Clarkson never showed me anything, that I should put him into the same league as Fletcher and/or Miller.

And you can post as many posts as you want to and you still couldnt make me think different, yet I repeat myself, I dont expect anyone to agree, but I surely must be able to express my opinion whether people like it or not?!?

You don't need to change your opinion, but if you had posted like you did in the middle paragraph there, then there would have been no need for this.

You're still a cock though and If you don't like my language skills then choose to ignore me.

You don't need to change your opinion, but if you had posted like you did in the middle paragraph there, then there would have been no need for this.

You're still a cock though and If you don't like my language skills then choose to ignore me.

Ok, how about then, going back to page 1 and not start quoting from page 2 on?

Can you actually have a look at that?

I sad "Well done" to Clarkson and also posted:

I still dont think he has got anything special. I know, most people disagree, but thats my opinion. He has got nothing, what an ordinary player in lower leagues has, apart from gotten through the Motherwell Ranks. I do appriciate what he has done so far, but that doesnt change my opinion on him. A very, very ordinary player.

Even though I admit that he hasnt only gone through the Motherwell Ranks!

And NO, I am not ignoring you. Way too much fun :D