St Mirren 34 Pts

Falkirk 31 Pts

-----------

If:

Motherwell:

Beat: No One

Draw: No One

Lose: St Mirren, ICT, Hamilton & Killie

(We will pick up 0 points and finish on 41)

Hamilton:

Beat: Motherwell

Draw: Falkirk

Lose: St Mirren & ICT

(They will pick up 4 points and finish on 41)

Inverness CT:

Beat: Motherwell & Hamilton

Draw: No one

Lose: Falkirk & Killie

(They will pick up 6 points and finish on 41)

Kilmarnock:

Beat: ICT & Motherwell

Draw: St Mirren

Lose: Falkirk

(They will pick up 7 points and finish on 41)

St Mirren:

Beat: Motherwell & Hamilton

Draw: Killie

Lose: Falkirk

(They will pick up 7 points and finish on 41)

Falkirk:

Beat: ICT, St Mirren & Killie

Draw: Hamilton

Lose: No One

(They will pick up 10 points and finish on 41)

Goal difference eh? :)

Wonder what odds you'd get at the bookies for that eh? Probably more likely to be hit on the heed by a beach ball launched from Mars!

'Flow

Still possible for us to be relegated with four games to go and papped out of the cup by St. Mirren. Playing devils advocate here - has this season been any better than the Malpas one? Or do we just think it has been because McGhee keeps telling us it is?

Frazzle

Still possible for us to be relegated with four games to go and papped out of the cup by St. Mirren. Playing devils advocate here - has this season been any better than the Malpas one? Or do we just think it has been because McGhee keeps telling us it is?

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

What's weird is if Hibs had been beat one more time, for example off St Mirren instead of getting a jammy draw, we could have been in the top 6 with 41 points, most likely got raped in every top six game and COULD have finished the SPL with the joint lowest points and worst goal difference...

...but finished in 6th place and stayed up!!!!

:)

Guest 'Flow

Sorry Cambo... Never noticed that buddy!

One of the directors claimed we could and I refuted. Worked it out and to be honest, I still refute. You've probably got about as much chance of winning the Euro Millions for that to work out and our Goal Difference being pegged back!

I think we can all rest easy in our beds! :)

'Flow

I've been worrying we're technically not safe for weeks and I won't stop until it is 100% impossible.

Even a draw on Saturday (or if we'd got 1 point from the last two games!!) will be enough to mean the worrying is over. But that is the worrying thing.... the wheels are well and truly off our bus and the players look as if they can't be arsed!

Surely tae fuck this can't happen?!?!

A lot of talk of our goal difference being too good for us to go down. A couple of 3-0 defeats in the next couple of games change anyone's minds...?

Not that there any realistic chance of us going down, only mathematically are we still unsafe.

But, talking of goal difference being disgarded. You reckon Cardiff fans thought they're goal difference was too good to lose them a Playoff place.

A 6-0 defeat to Preston turned that round. A complete 12 goal swing between the two sides. Not to mention boost the others Goals Scored column. And as a result we all know that Cardiff lost out, not on points, not on goal difference but on the goals scored. Which is mainly due to that 6-0 hammering.

Stranger things have happened in football..

You should never, ever count your chickens before they hatch. We did this two years ago and look what almost happened. This year, whilst unlikely, it is still mathematically possible for us to be relegated and until that is no longer the case, I'll be keeping one eye over my shoulder. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if we failed to win any of the remaining games, but at the same time I'm not convinced that we'll lose every single one either. However, football is a funny game and it ain't over til it's over.

One thing I do predict and have predicted since the start of the season is that Hamilton Accies will finish above us in the final standings.

Would you want this Motherwell team going into the last day against Kilmarnock needing something...?

Of course not, mainly due to our inability to "turn up" for these type of crucial matches (bar Sheep at home last season amongst a select few). The Malpas debacle against St Midden was bad enough to cope with and that was with a game to spare, with our fate in our own hands, not quite sure if I could cope with a one-game - winner-takes-all scenario in our last game.

But, on the other hand, to have the opportunity to send Killie down. Could be a thought too good to resist.. :D

Of course not, mainly due to our inability to "turn up" for these type of crucial matches (bar Sheep at home last season amongst a select few). The Malpas debacle against St Midden was bad enough to cope with and that was with a game to spare, with our fate in our own hands, not quite sure if I could cope with a one-game - winner-takes-all scenario in our last game.

But, on the other hand, to have the opportunity to send Killie down. Could be a thought too good to resist.. :D

I could resist it - if it meant us definitely staying up!

Oh for God's sake behave yourselves.

Can you possibly imagine the odds on all those matches coming up to send Motherwell down?

Try going into the bookies and placing a bet on all those matches to finish as suggested and Motherwell to go down, they'll let you choose your own odds ffs.

I dont mind a bit of pessimism, it can bring those of us with the euphoric flights of fancy back down to earth, stupidity however is a whole different ball game.

No he doesny, cos he's got St. Mirren beating Inverness, and Inverness beating St. Mirren. And Hamilton and Inverness not playing each other at all. Plus Killie not playing Falkirk or Inverness.

Yes I do, I said you could switch the Hamilton, Killie and St mirren results around. I also admitted to typing too fast and mixing two of the teams up :P