Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

What's the difference between small and medium? I got mine small but its quite neat, would it be a drastic change up to medium?

Aye, mines is perhaps a bit small too. I could pawn the small one off to my wee brother and buy a medium one if the size difference isnt too huge. Also that goalkeeper top is absolutely diabolical.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Umafuck wearin' that" could be classed as minor (yet significant) input. :whistling:

It doesn't bother me, I've never bought a goalie jersey in my puff and I don't imagine I ever will (unless a classic Hugh Sproat green goalie jersey gets released). It's still boggin' though.

I'm sure that Sebastian Frey always picks Pink and Black goalie shirts.

I will be sure to buy mine :whistling:

I remember Wales effort a few years back, Bright pink with Green and Yellow umbro logos lathered around it.

Quite surprised with the new top. Was expecting it (due to some of the things said in this thread) to be similar to last years but it isn't. Not that that's a bad thing mind. The Canterbury top is of a much higher standard in comparison to the Bukta one when it comes to general stitching and the quality of the badge. Even when it comes to the logo, badge etc being straight this years top is FAR superior. The new top also has a darker amber and contrary to what has been said the Bukta sizes ARE bigger. A large last year for me was the ideal size, this year not so much. The sleeves are a lot slimmer meaning a lot less room under the armpits and there is a difference (admittedly not massive) in the length of the shirt.

Back to the shop for me to get an XL. Which is a bummer as I saw a guy buy the last one today.

The goalie strip is annoyingly dreadful. Seriously. What a mistake when they got pretty much everything else so right. How good would the goalie kit be if it was green or black???

Let us hope we get a decent away keepers kit and this pink monstrosity rarely sees the light of day. In case I'm not clear enough.......I HATE IT!

The new top also has a darker amber and contrary to what has been said the Bukta sizes ARE bigger. A large last year for me was the ideal size, this year not so much. The sleeves are a lot slimmer meaning a lot less room under the armpits and there is a difference (admittedly not massive) in the length of the shirt.

Back to the shop for me to get an XL. Which is a bummer as I saw a guy buy the last one today.

Had a quick try on when mine arrived yesterday and thought it to be at worst, the same size as last season's Bukta top, perhaps even slightly bigger.

I think that was Petr Cech's reasoning behind the bright orange kit he picked for Chelsea.

If it puts off opposing strikers then I'd be happy with that.

Yeah, the science behind it is meant to make the keeper seem bigger and so more intimidating to onrushing strikers.

I didn't make it up, I'm just telling it as it is... :nod:

Had a quick try on when mine arrived yesterday and thought it to be at worst, the same size as last season's Bukta top, perhaps even slightly bigger.

I did my homework before my post :lol: I was geeky/sad/bored enough to lie the new one on top of the old one and the CCC one is definatley a neater fit, especially at arms.

What a saddo I am :nod:

As long as there hasn't been a player anywhere near the design process it should be good.

We have the best strip in seasons and then someone decided it would be good to give Buzz a pink felt tip and a stencil.

Maybe he's just quite intelligent?

The Chelsea goalie top is so brightly coloured because its been proven that you are more likely to subconsciously direct a shot at a brightly coloured target. basically people are more likely to fire shots right at him rather than past him.

Edit: didnt notice someone else mentioned this.

The collar is as big as it looks and please go and try a top on before buying one with name and number on the back, contrary to what they guy in the shop says they are not smaller than last years tops. My wife got the large top on the advice of someone in the shop, name and number on it for me for fathers day and it is too big. I had a medium last year and asked her to get a medium again, but was advised to get a size up. still happy enough with it but dissapointed that she spent all that money and it's not what I really wanted.

This top is supposed to be more fitted than last years, if you wont a really baggy top then yes by all means order a larger size, but if you want it to look as is should then get the same as last years.