Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the pink 'un is meant to be the first jersey.

It was mentioned on one of the original canterbury threads that the goalie kit was gonna be a bit 'different' and that it was all Buzz's fault.

Thank God we've got a new grassy, sand free pitch this year otherwise it would be "In goal for Motherwell today "Priscilla Queen of the Desert" Fraser.

Can you imagine the damage to all those weans wanting to be goalies?

I predict that 2009 will be marked in history as the beginnining of the great Lanarkshire keeper drought!

Never mind at least sales of Pet Shop Boys and Mika CDs will go through the roof

I think I'd be correct in saying that the hoop had to be done that way to allow the numbers to be printed on....

Not sure about the rest though!

Foor doos in terms of the hoop but the claret and white part of the sleeve could have been done like the shorts.

As soon as I opened it yesterday it reminded me of the fakes you get on holiday

Foor doos in terms of the hoop but the claret and white part of the sleeve could have been done like the shorts.

That's exactly what I think too. Fair enough the hoop being like that, that's the way it should be, but the claret lines and white lines should have been piping or whatever it's called. Definitely got the holiday fake look about it which is a bit of a let down to be honest cos it looks cheap.

Still, we've got the hoop back, so that's something!

It would look better with the Canterbury logo on the sleeves and the blobs on the sides embroidered. However, that's a minor criticism of what's a very nice shirt. Looking forward to seeing your new away one.

That's exactly what I think too. Fair enough the hoop being like that, that's the way it should be, but the claret lines and white lines should have been piping or whatever it's called. Definitely got the holiday fake look about it which is a bit of a let down to be honest cos it looks cheap.

Still, we've got the hoop back, so that's something!

To be able to do the hoop we had to use a method called "sublimation". That means the whole shirt effectively has to be made in the same process, if we started using different piping and panels then it was use a completely different method called "cut & sew". As well as having a longer manufacture time this would bump the cost of the shirt up in the shop.

To be able to do the hoop we had to use a method called "sublimation". That means the whole shirt effectively has to be made in the same process, if we started using different piping and panels then it was use a completely different method called "cut & sew". As well as having a longer manufacture time this would bump the cost of the shirt up in the shop.

Cheers for that.

Are the players kit made the same way?

If not do you think CCC may release the Ultra Super Duper strip (like Portsmouth do)?

Chat's pish :thumbup:

Anyways, back on topic. Does anyone know if there's likely to be any proper kits like the first teams go on sale somewhere down the line? Cos I'm reckoning they'll be quite different from the replica tops

Anyways, back on topic. Does anyone know if there's likely to be any proper kits like the first teams go on sale somewhere down the line? Cos I'm reckoning they'll be quite different from the replica tops

Yooz are cruel.

I think it said on the other thread that the top notchers would be. Think going by the postsmouth effort last year they're around 90 squid.

No plans to bring them into the shop. They would cost £90+ and with the minimum we'd have to order I don't think we'd sell them all.