Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the local sports shops in Lanarkshire sell the strips of the local teams, not just Old Firm ? And do they sell English club strips ?

You'll do well to find the strip or official merchandise of any Lanarkshire club outwith their own shops, though to be fair its a situation that probably suits both sport shops and the clubs.

What the clubs lose in exposure in the JJB's of the world they gain in that all revenues from strip sales go to the clubs (directly or via partnerships such as MFC and Provan Sports).

Your average town centre sport shop up here won't be much different from down south I suspect filled with strips from top end Premiership, European and International sides in addition to the mandatory rows of Old Firm stuff.

The sad fact is that you are just as likely to see someone walk down the street in Motherwell in an AC Milan tracky as as you are a Motherwell.

You'll do well to find the strip or official merchandise of any Lanarkshire club outwith their own shops, though to be fair its a situation that probably suits both sport shops and the clubs.

Aye, changed days though... back in the 80's there were are at least a couple of shops in Hamilton (Viking Sports and the Sportsman's Emporium, and the InterSport beside FineFare/Gateway as well come to think of it) where you could usually find whatever Motherwell gear you were after.

There was a lot less of it in those days of course-- strips and scarves, and not a great deal else.

Its some laugh going in to some of these places and asking for the new well kit. You need to be deadpan and don't take it serious as the wee doods canny help the JJB buying policy.

"Do you have the new Motherwell kit?"

"No sorry we don't"

"When are you getting it in - it's a cracker?"

"I don't think we are sir"

"But you've got the Old Firm strips in and Fir Park is only half a mile away - how does that work?"

Then the fun begins as they've NEVER got a good answer. . . . . I never had an argument - just remained calm and messed with their minds maaaan!

Passes 5 minutes whe you're bored :lol:

Probably between the kit man and the player.

If he's oor only keeper it would be some boot in the bawsacks to say - sorry mate - we're hangin on to No. 1 just in case we get a better keeper in mibbez possibly in the next couple of months n that! :lol:

C'mon the Frazter - Motherwell's No. 1!

I'm not sure if it will make a dramatic difference or not, but will this sharp boost in the sale of merchandise mean there will be more money generated through the shop than most years? If so then maybe the relaying of the pitch won't have as big an impact on any potential transfer kitty then?

Any update on when the pre-ordered strips will be delivered? Was really expecting it on Saturday, someone mentioned that they were sent out on Friday recorded delivery (not special next day)

Nothing arrived today either :P

What's going on??!........

As I said further up the thread, mate, the postman brought mine first thing Saturday morning and I'm two hundred miles away. It's probably just the case your local sorting office is being a bit slow, but it might be worth getting the tracking number from the guys in the shop so you can check.