Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

[quote name='Finlay' date='Jul 3 2009, 01:54 AM' post='84751'

Anyone notice the Goalie kit tonight? Dark pink top and shorts and LIGHT pink socks? LUDICROUS. Similar to the colour differences with the home kit as well.

There "might" be an argument that the goalie kit is deliberately distracting - all the psychology stuff but the main kit is poor. while the top looks okay the shorts and socks were obviously designed by someone else and as someone else has pointed out made in a different country so no wonder they are different colours - looks unprofessional never mind the quality. We would be better with a off the shelf teamwear package like Aberdeen etc.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night was the first time I've seen the home top up close and I won't be buying it. I know a lot of people on here are being really negative but rightly so, I won't be shelling out £40 for that when I think it looks like a Wishy market ripoff. Maybe the away strip will be of a better quality, but as it stands I will be wearing my Bukta and retro tops this season, which is disappointing since the new design is pretty good.

We would be better with a off the shelf teamwear package like Aberdeen etc.

Very hard to find in our colour scheme.

Nike don't do it, Adidas don't do it, neither do Umbro or Puma. The only one i've seen recently was Surridge Sports and i wasn't impressed with the quality of their kits, which seems to be a sticking point with some folk about the CCC one we have just now.

Club seems to be damned if they do, damned if they don't. Maybe one day they'll just go back to our original colours and be done with it. ;)

point taken although canterbury do teamwear themselves and presumably they manage to get the same colour in the shorts as in the top if required!

Fair point also mate. I haven't been in the club shop so i couldn't comment on that.

With the way things are just now, i won't be buying it unless it ends up on Jomzajung!

Nae excuses for the shorts and top being different colours. That's just embarrassing. There was a big launch drive made over the new strip and the resulting quality is incredibly sub standard. Glad the previous two seasons efforts are so nice.

I said at the start that I wouldnt be buying the top simply because it was by Canterbury and I thought their stuff was shite, I took a fair bit of stick for being a moaning faced get, but nothing I've read or heard about the strips since then has altered my stance.

I've got two Scotland rugby tops by Canterbury and they are shite.

For those of you moaning that the band on the new home top is not made of different material (and is instead printed on to the top), SCDave's comments can be backed up by the last top to have the band, as seen here:

The band on this old Pony top was printed not stiched, so guess we just have to accept that with the modern printed numbers, if we want the band that you all moaned so much for, we will have to accept that it is printed on to the top not stiched!

I dont think its the band being printed on thats the moan mate, i think its more the other claret sections on the top, the way they are printed on makes it look cheap in some peoples opinion. The other main gripes are that the Jaxx logo seems to fall off and the material is too thin which is making it catch on everything.

I can't think of any footy top I've had that didn't start falling apart after a few washes! They're just pish quality in general.

The only top that I have that is still in decent condition funnily enough is the Canterbury Scotland Rugby top.

The sponsors print maybe but not the shirt. I have plenty of old shirts that are as good as new.

There's no excuse for such piss poor quality, and if the excuse is because a small minority wanted a hoop, then I do hope they reconsider next time.

I wish someone did warn us that the shirt would be of much lesser quality if it had a hoop.

There's no excuse for such piss poor quality, and if the excuse is because a small minority wanted a hoop, then I do hope they reconsider next time.

I don't think that's fair. There is no reason why the quality should be compromised because of a hoop. FirParkCorner used to wear strips identical to the MFC Pony ones that had a hoop, and they took an absolute batterring over a good few seasons, and they're still in decent condition. Just a coincidence that there has been problems the season the hoop has returned in my opinion.

when are we getting to see this away top!?!?!? :lol:

That would be it put bluntly :lol: The last I heard, it was being unveiled around the time of our Europa League games. I then thought it would have been released in time for the away leg and they would have worn it away from home. Obviously not. Surely they have to release it soon before we actually have nothing to play in if the strips clash :huh: