Last Local Derby Of The Season

Welldel

We managed to get into the leading Fair Play position without worrying about every tackle etc. I'm happy to see us carry on in the same style as we played all season and if it gets us there, great; if not, no big deal. At least it kept the last few games interesting.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone who was at the game tell me how did the young lad Hutchinson play.

Good to see him get the full 90 under his belt.

He played Magic! only one mistake I recall when he let a stray ball loose on the half way line for them to break but even then he got back to make the clearance on the line :rolleyes:

wouldn't think anyone non-M'well would have been able to identify it as his first full 90mins.

Sound sound prospect, didn't miss Reynolds in the slightest :lol:

Played well today and once again when the pressure's off we can give a team a humping. Accies were nothing special mind you neither was the two wonderboys in McCarthy and McAuthur.

Craggs guided young Hutchinson at the back on his debut and he seemed positive. Big strong lad and hardly set a foot out of place. Sheridan was brilliant again along with Clarky. Murphy was ok.

Always good to give yer local rivals a humping!

Mon The Well!

Edit : Also big mention to OnTheFringes off the boards today. Was excellent. :cheers:

You were spot on Sarah! Your optimism could teach a few of us a thing or two.

Good win.

I now sense we will get into Europe. We'll see how that one goes...but I do believe it!

Great win for us today, especially against the Accies. Good to see the strikers scoring too. Things are looking up Motherwell, let's keep it going for next week and hopefully build on it for next season!

Mon the 'Well.

Hutchinson played great today

another one off teh youth conveyor belt!!

seen him at FP a few times playing for the u19s and him and page are a great CB partnership play like that every week and he could replace reynolds easily!!

Thought all eleven acquitted themselves well today and considering how flat the season could have become the application was impressive. McLean seems to have come on leaps and bounds over the last few weeks. Thought he looked a sophisticated full back today. Also Hutchinson looks no worse than Reynolds on that showing and would not be averse to letting him have another shot next week. Front three all did well too. Sheridan involved in every promising Motherwell attack, some of the ones that didn't bear fruit were down to him as well but at least he kept banging on the door.

Accies I thought looked tired and nervous and we certainly got them at the right time. They are a much better team than that - glad they stayed up. If they could gee themselves up to beat st Mirren that would be great.

Events today now leave our friends from Paisley safe, barring a Falkirk win at Inverness coupled with a St. Mirren defeat by three more goals than Falkirk win by. No odds as yet....

Latest at Betfair.com:

Falkirk 1/6

Inverness 9/5

St. Mirren 16/1

Interestingly, you can still bet on the mathematically impossible relegation of Kilmarnock or Accies!

and what did you do during the final part of the match?

Contemplated what I was going to tell her indoors :huh: Well, I had 5 hours to kill.

Carted from the hospitality seats!!! Even the police admitted they were embarrassed - 3 complaints at the far end of the stand by those with sour grapes (nobody around me had any problem) at our second goal that I made nazi salutes has me burdened with a breach of the peace (football related). Anybody that knows me will know I have I have bona fide German family on my mothers side so... nazi salutes? Bunch of arse.

Another good performance this week, on a good surface, recurring theme there methinks? For me, they got the job done with plenty of room to spare and confirmed our status way above that lot. Most Hamiltonians really don't like us, do they? Some of the venom spouted had to be heard to be believed and as for berating their own team? The East Stand is a safe haven compared to that.

Carted from the hospitality seats!!! Even the police admitted they were embarrassed - 3 complaints at the far end of the stand by those with sour grapes (nobody around me had any problem) at our second goal that I made nazi salutes has me burdened with a breach of the peace (football related). Anybody that knows me will know I have I have bona fide German family on my mothers side so... nazi salutes? Bunch of arse.

I seen that mate but didnt realise it was you! Some guy at the far side of the stand was rushing down to the police making the gesture that you were giving Nazi Salutes.

Whats the fall out from it then Fritz? They going to review CCTV?

Asked them to view CCTV right away, fell on deaf ears. Suspect they have none. In a nut shell, guilty only of celebrating the second goal... Court in June and in the world of political correctness and me being as right wing as made out by 3 Hamilton street urchins... Made an example of.

Apparently this isn't the first time something similar has happened. Other clubs well-heeled fans have been subject to the same accusations. Methinks Hamilton need to alter hospitality arrangements - Why have executive boxes then cover the vantage point in black mesh that spoils your viewing of the match, hence, moving seats to sit outside and open to allsorts of vitriol?

Justice for on the fringes campaign will appear here soon. Maybe a protest outside the court on the day of his appearance, sounds like a first year law student will get that accusation chucked out of court.

Can't say I'm that surprised the aggresion coming from that Stand was a disgrace and then all of a sudden at the end because Killy made them safe it was all party time .

EEJITS the lot of them

Just saw the highlights on the Beeb website. And I mean 'just'. I think they were using a camera on the gantry at Fir Park.

All 3 goals nicely taken, and Sheridan's turn for the 3rd was a deft touch. (I see we even managed a goal from a short corner specially for Al B!)