John Sutton's Home Jersey

Finlay

no lucky winner been drawn yet

As in return for the sponsorship as well as the sponsored players top the sponsors/winner was to attend a Gala dinner and receive the strip from John Sutton himself.

But there seems to have been some hitches around this event and as far as I'm aware no one has received the promised information regarding it as yet.

I had hoped to book a table/s at the event for any of the steelmenonline sponsors/friends to attend as a group but feel this might not happen now.

I'll be contacting all the folk that contributed to the shirt sponsorship and ask if we should just request the shirt asap. (now that JS isn't wearing it to play in!)

Its been a dissapointing run in to the end of the season for me due to this as I had been all set to use the end of season POTY event to generate interest for the site to continue sponsoring players and had hoped to get the funds to sponsor two again, but with last years huge increase in costs and the...............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

Cheers for reply Brazilian. Shame that considering all the effort you put in to get a player sponsored. Did you get training kit sponsored as well. I remember there being a wee bit left over but didn't think it was enough to cover it (maybe rest passed on as a donation to YD I think)?

No Problem Finlay I was waiting on the club sending out the information as indicated on the other player sponsorship thread and then I intended posting the info up.

John Suttons top cost £295 to sponsor so when the money was actually paid we just made that total, if all the money pledged was paid in we would have also had a donation to the YD or a further top sponsored.

As a reminder £280 was raised in £5 increments, each £5 paid entitling the sponsor to one chance in the draw at the end of the season to actually receive the sponsors benefits i.e the top etc.

The list of paid sponsors I have is as follows

Modernist 4 entries to the draw

Kmcalpin 5 entries

Rev I M Jolly 1 entry

Al B 1 entry

Finlaythewell 2 entries

rinkydink 4 entries

DelBoy 4 entries

JoeWarkLegend 2 entries

Numpty 8 entries

WeeYin 4 entries

Mad_Well_Dobe_Owner 2 entries

Well_Fan_In_Aberdeen 4 entries

Andy_P 1 entry

Trafficlight 2entries

Karatekidz 2 entries

BallsoMFC 2 entries

Stuart_B 4 entries

Johnnydefault 2 entries

VJW 2 entries

I backed up the original thread from the old site and have contact details for all the above at home, so will send a mail next time I'm on that PC.

If anyone feels I've not listed something correctly let me know.

I had been all set to use the end of season POTY event to generate interest for the site to continue sponsoring players and had hoped to get the funds to sponsor two again, but with last years huge increase in costs and the...............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :P

Still go for it Brazilian. I'm sure the site's supporters will do their best as they always have done.

Definatley go for it this year Brazilian. Cracking idea and worth another go so you could count me in. Home or away top......whatever funds we get.

Looking at the other prices above though shows the sponsorship can be a touch flawed. £500 for sponsorship of the Uefa Jersey???? I'd LOVE to see how many shirts they got sponsored with that price.

I snaffled Buzz's Uefa Cup shorts for a five spot on Sunday!!!!

£195 for training gear? Maros never got his sponsored and I picked a set of his up for £20 on Sunday as well. Bit naughty that if you sponsored another player!

Right, I've sent out an e-mail to everyone below:

Modernist 4 entries to the draw

Kmcalpin 5 entries

Rev I M Jolly 1 entry

Al B 1 entry

Finlaythewell 2 entries

rinkydink 4 entries

DelBoy 4 entries

JoeWarkLegend 2 entries

Numpty 8 entries

WeeYin 4 entries

Mad_Well_Dobe_Owner 2 entries

Well_Fan_In_Aberdeen 4 entries

Andy_P 1 entry

Trafficlight 2entries

Karatekidz 2 entries

BallsoMFC 2 entries

Stuart_B 4 entries

Johnnydefault 2 entries

VJW 2 entries.

If you're on the list and didn't receive it contact me (PM) with updated contact details.

I'll get this seasons out the way and make sure the club deliver value for money before commiting to hosting another seasons sponsorship.