Aberdeen Say Managers Job Is Mark Mcghee's If He Wants It

Well Well

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard the toaster is actually a box of matches.

Miller has identified an area where it's possible to set up a wee campfire but any manager taking the job on will have to supply the wood for burning, the bread and the skewers for holding the bread over the fire.

I fully expect him to go to Aberdeen and wouldn't blame him if he did but would prefer if he stayed. When he joined us there was a general feeling we had done well to get him and we would be unlikely to have him more than a couple of years if he did reasonably well.

He must be getting fed up with the budget restrictions and while they aren't particularly flush, I would imagine Aberdeen will be able to attract and pay a better standard of player (and McGhee will surely get a rise as well). He appears to have an understanding following the Hearts episode that he can speak to interested clubs so I can't see we're going to block him too much if he wants to go.

We all thought him moving to Hearts was the wrong thing to do at the time as he had more to do but I'm not so sure that's the case now. I'm also not convinced he has the capability to do the wheeling and dealing that we need a manager to do with our reducing budget. He hasn't shown a great deal when it comes down to bringing in a bargain. Maybe looking elsewhere wouldn't be the worst thing for us at the moment.

McGhee will go to Aberdeen. No doubt about it.

I have already given up any hope of keeping him this summer.

Im the opposite, I dont think theres a sniff of a chance of him going to Aberdeen

I don't particularly think he will either but if he wants to then he can go with our best wishes for rescuing a team that was going down and turning them into one challenging at the right end of the league.

But if he stays he better get us back intae yon top 6 else he's getting it :)

Unless McGhee is offered the Celtic job - which is looking unlikely at present - I still believe he will be with us next year as I don't think he will take the Aberdeen job. It's not exactly a step up for him, and with the only real diffrences between us and the sheepies being the average attendance. Similar budget, both in Europe and both aim for a top six finish every year. On top of that he has a team he claims can beat anyone in the SPL on their day, and I think he will decide to stick out with us rather than opt for the "new" challenge of managing Aberdeen. Next season he will get his move to the Championship after leading the 'Well to 3rd in the league, the Europa League Group stage and Scottish Cup glory..... :):):)

....Can't blame me for wishful thinking!! :)

I would be stunned if he went to Aberdeen. He was less than complimentary about them when we played them up there last season and has saw what forced Calderwood out.

If he didn't go to Hearts, he won't take another half step forward, 3 to the side, that would be Aberdeen.

Quote "The former Aberdeen and Celtic forward told the Press and Journal: "I have had a lot of friends and family asking me about the job at Aberdeen and I will say the same to you as I have to them. It is all speculation. I am at my home in Brighton and all I know is from the press reports I have read. I have had no formal contact and neither has my chairman." The Dons board has options but could land McGhee without paying compensation to Well, despite the manager and his assistant, former Ross County manager Scott Leitch, having two years remaining on their contracts.

Hearts made an approach for McGhee last year and were prepared to pay £125,000 in compensation.

But his contract extension includes clauses which would free him to move to a rival and he said: "Now I have an understanding with my chairman, John Boyle, concerning my future."

These are the bits that stood out for me. If true then Mghee really has been feathering his own nest. Screwing us over by insisting on a get out clause --- complete lack of respect for us if true

Quote "The former Aberdeen and Celtic forward told the Press and Journal: "I have had a lot of friends and family asking me about the job at Aberdeen and I will say the same to you as I have to them. It is all speculation. I am at my home in Brighton and all I know is from the press reports I have read. I have had no formal contact and neither has my chairman." The Dons board has options but could land McGhee without paying compensation to Well, despite the manager and his assistant, former Ross County manager Scott Leitch, having two years remaining on their contracts.

Hearts made an approach for McGhee last year and were prepared to pay £125,000 in compensation.

But his contract extension includes clauses which would free him to move to a rival and he said: "Now I have an understanding with my chairman, John Boyle, concerning my future."

These are the bits that stood out for me. If true then Mghee really has been feathering his own nest. Screwing us over by insisting on a get out clause --- complete lack of respect for us if true

Glad I'm not the only one who is a bit pissed off at that. Pay rise and an easier escape clause??? At least if he'd gone to Hearts last summer, we'd have got compensation...

EDIT I'm not particularly angry at McGhee about this. He's just looking after himself. I'm angry at Motherwell for allowing themselves to be shafted on this one...

Guest 'Flow

Well, you shouldn't believe all you read because the suggestion that we'd lose our contracted manager (and/or staff) to anyone for nothing is absolutely ridiculous.

'Flow

But his contract extension includes clauses which would free him to move to a rival and he said: “Now I have an understanding with my chairman, John Boyle, concerning my future.”

Sorry, Flow, but to me that sounds like a man who knows he has a few escape clauses built into a contract...

See that the Express is reporting this morning that Coyle has knocked back the Celtic job. If true there could be more twists and turns yet.

Story about Coyle is that he's worried about the transfer pot at Celtic, his family not too keen on returning North and that he'll lose out on £1Million bonus for getting Burnley promoted.

Apparently the only Board he has talked to this week has been his own to start talks on a new contract. Meeting was apparently arranged before the Celtic job came up.

I will be really worried for us if land Yogi as a replacement for Mark.

Guest 'Flow

He may have certain clauses and a understanding with the Chairman but they don't involve no compensation... That's just silly and I have no idea where the P&J have got that information from!

'Flow

Sorry, Flow, but to me that sounds like a man who knows he has a few escape clauses built into a contract...

Would everyone just calm down FFS. I cannot believe that anyone on hear is truly believing what they hear or read in the media or on messageboards elsewhere.

Will McGhee leave us? Quite possibly. Will it be to Aberdeen - quite probably. Boyle is a business man and I am quite sure that whilst he accepted last summer that in order to keep Mcghee going to Hearts, he agreed that he would allow McGhee to talk to certain clubs which may or may not include Aberdeen.

But I am also quite sure that he would not have waived our right to compensation should he leave before the contract is up.

EDIT: See Flow just beat me too it!

mr boyle is a clever man he would know holding on to mmg would be difficult for him after the season we had last year but in my opinion this is a good thing that the club has a good manager and the bigger clubs always look for the best an we must have 1 of the best as a lot of clubs want him but there is no way boyle would let mmg go for nothing as he has a decent contract obviously there will be clauses but 1 that he could go for free doubt it dont know if aberdeen could afford compo for him as they r skint mind they had to get rid of the toaster :lol: