Success In Scottish Cup Semis For Motherwell Fc Girls

Angie 1991

Just back from the Semi Finals,Congratulations to the u13s who defeated Real Farmington 6-0 to reach the Final where they will play Kilwinning.

Congratulations also to the u15s who defeated Arbroath 2-1 to set up a Final clash with Hibs.Well done to all the girls and Coaches involved.

Unfortunately the 17s failed to make it a hat trick of finalists losing 3-2 to Rangers.Maybe next year for the 17s.

Finals are scheduled to take place on 20th June.

Just back from the Semi Finals,Congratulations to the u13s who defeated Real Farmington 6-0 to reach the Final where they will play Kilwinning.

Congratulations also to the u15s who defeated Arbroath 2-1 to set up a Final clash with Hibs.Well done to all the girls and Coaches involved.

Unfortunately the 17s failed to make it a hat trick of finalists losing 3-2 to Rangers.Maybe next year for the 17s.

Finals are scheduled to take place on 20th June.

Was this at Stirling Uni?

I saw loads of 'Well tops up there while playing golf this afternoon!

Was this at Stirling Uni?

I saw loads of 'Well tops up there while playing golf this afternoon!

That's exactly where they were held - great day out in the sunshine, U13's played some sparkling football again. Was really nice to see so much C&A.

Again the scoreline doesn't really reflect the pattern of play. Though comfortably in control for much of the game, it took some fine saves from the Motherwell goalkeeper Danielle to keep the Forfar girls at bay (She doesn't get a lot to do in most games, due to the sheer dominance at times of the girls at this age group - but as in the Falkirk tie earlier in the competition, showed her abilities with some really cracking saves. A double save in particular, early in the second half deserving of a mention).

A cracking all round perfomance from the girls, with particular mention to Deborah who ran the show from the middle of the park, pushing the team forward when need be and rallying the troops defensively.

Good luck in the final to both girls teams.

Angie got your text - will get the pictures to you ASAP - don't worry won't publish them on the Web - wouldn't know how to :lol: .

Do we have a venue yet for the final (Hampden?).

A friend of mine plays for the Well girls and is a fanastic football player. She plays for Scotland too and can run rings round the majority of the boys at my school, probably all the boys! She plays above her age group and I am not sure but I think she may be the captain as well.

well done to the Well girls!!