Accies On Saturday

Bop

Whatever your opinion on certain players or the manager, its not a nice situation to be in. Joint bottom is unacceptable for us given how pish Killie, Accies, Falkirk, Inverness and St Mirren are, but the worrying aspect for me is that most of those are better prepared to deal with a relegation dogfight, we aren't.

On today's game, we made enough chances to at least draw, as we did against Killie. Accies didn't play well enough to merit the win, neither did Kilie. However, with us being profligate in front of goal and slack at the back, any team will cause us problems at this time.

We are still playing too much long ball stuff, cos we don't have the type of midfield (when we play one!) to make that tactic successful, yet when we have played it on the deck we continue to make chances. It can't be that difficult to work out how we should approach things is it?!!

The team for the Inverness game??? Anyone's guess!!

Still, no matter how tough it is, we need to support the team as much as possible now. It is easier to criticise right now, but with confidence being so low it won't help to hurl abuse at the team.

Time for EVERYONE to stand up and be counted.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same old, same old. Missing "key" players (failure to recognise that even with these players wwe have been shite). Will have to work on why it isn't clicking etc. We'll be fine, not panicing......

Once again, nicey nicey questions from the interviewer.

Why oh, why doesn't someone say,

"1 goal in 7 games Mark. Discuss.

No goals from open play in a whopping 10 games!!!

1 point from a possible 21.

Why have your signings been crap?

Why would you appear to have no imagination in your signing targets?

Why are you constantly playing players out of position?

Why do you persist in playing players that haven't kcked their arse all season?

Why did you blow the transfer funds on O'Brien when he hasn't started a single game and Malcolm whos only attribute is dead ball shots when we should've got Lappin in?

Why do you bleat on about losing McCormack when you knew since last January he was leaving?"

Same old, same old. Missing "key" players (failure to recognise that even with these players wwe have been shite). Will have to work on why it isn't clicking etc. We'll be fine, not panicing......

Once again, nicey nicey questions from the interviewer.

Why oh, why doesn't someone say,

"1 goal in 7 games Mark. Discuss.

No goals from open play in a whopping 10 games!!!

1 point from a possible 21.

Why have your signings been crap?

Why would you appear to have no imagination in your signing targets?

Why are you constantly playing players out of position?

Why do you persist in playing players that haven't kcked their arse all season?

Why did you blow the transfer funds on O'Brien when he hasn't started a single game and Malcolm whos only attribute is dead ball shots when we should've got Lappin in?

Why do you bleat on about losing McCormack when you knew since last January he was leaving?"

Mate you are on the ball. But nobody will ask him that will they. I feared for us a wee bit this season but never did I think we'd be in this situation. Thought at worst it'd be a battle for the top 6.

Joint bottom is unacceptable for us given how pish Killie, Accies, Falkirk, Inverness and St Mirren are, but the worrying aspect for me is that most of those are better prepared to deal with a relegation dogfight, we aren't.

That for me is definately the most worrying aspect. Our players aren't cut out for anything at the moment and when your immediate rivals only have to turn up to get a win against you, there's only one way you're going. Down.

6 points from the next two games isn't going to happen, but it has to (if you see what I mean!). Anything less and McGhee should have the decency to walk. He'll never get sacked as it'll cost far too much (which is another ridiculous situation). I don't give a fuck about the cup anymore, but a major embarrassment is on the cards there.

I can't remember feeling lower following the 'Well. I can't see how we're going to get out out of this one.

We are going down, and sadly I think under the current promotion/relegation criteria, for very long time.

Whatever your opinion on certain players or the manager, its not a nice situation to be in. Joint bottom is unacceptable for us given how pish Killie, Accies, Falkirk, Inverness and St Mirren are, but the worrying aspect for me is that most of those are better prepared to deal with a relegation dogfight, we aren't.

On today's game, we made enough chances to at least draw, as we did against Killie. Accies didn't play well enough to merit the win, neither did Kilie. However, with us being profligate in front of goal and slack at the back, any team will cause us problems at this time.

We are still playing too much long ball stuff, cos we don't have the type of midfield (when we play one!) to make that tactic successful, yet when we have played it on the deck we continue to make chances. It can't be that difficult to work out how we should approach things is it?!!

The team for the Inverness game??? Anyone's guess!!

Still, no matter how tough it is, we need to support the team as much as possible now. It is easier to criticise right now, but with confidence being so low it won't help to hurl abuse at the team.

Time for EVERYONE to stand up and be counted.

I'll definitely be there next week and every home game regardless of how we're doing, but it doesn't stop me asking questions.

Was Murphy injured\knackered\something else ? O'Brien isn't showing a hell of a lot when comes on, but he at least did managed to put a couple of reasonable crosses in to the box - and to have Daz come on soon after :blink: - to my mind, surely the obvious substitution in the first place was to take Steve McGarry off - the guy works hard but he (amongst others) is having a hellish time and possibly Murphy and O'Brien would have been more effective - I just don't think Daz is physically (and possibly even skillfully) up to this standard.

What about the guys in the 19s etc - Slane, McHugh, Archdeacon - must be worth a try

MON RA DOSSERS

Aye, cause Under 19s are really the ones to be throwing in in a relegation battle.

Sorry, but face facts, we are at our level, and that won't change.

Get used to it.

I agree with you that now is not the time to throw youngsters in at the deep end - we need experienced heads to guide us through this poor patch.

No one is arguing that we are a bottom six team. However, our recent form is unacceptable. Whats that? 1 goal scored in 6? 5 defeats on the bounce.

We have the players to stay up. Whether they are up to the challenge and are used in the right tactics is another matter.

Guest JohnnyDefault
I'll definitely be there next week and every home game regardless of how we're doing, but it doesn't stop me asking questions.

Was Murphy injured\knackered\something else ? O'Brien isn't showing a hell of a lot when comes on, but he at least did managed to put a couple of reasonable crosses in to the box - and to have Daz come on soon after :blink: - to my mind, surely the obvious substitution in the first place was to take Steve McGarry off - the guy works hard but he (amongst others) is having a hellish time and possibly Murphy and O'Brien would have been more effective - I just don't think Daz is physically (and possibly even skillfully) up to this standard.

What about the guys in the 19s etc - Slane, McHugh, Archdeacon - must be worth a try

MON RA DOSSERS

Good post FD

When we played the ball on the deck we looked as if we could do something.

When we punted it high it was like feeding buns to an elephant.

Twice within a week McGarry should have been the first sub and wasn't - baffling!

Accies deserved their win by the way - McCarthy showed us exactly what we're missing in front of goal. We had 3 or 4 guys last season that would have buried the same type of chance in the same way.

Right now, in front of goal it looks as though we couldn't hit a coo on the arse wi' a shovel!

Yet again DYER no excuses anymore! Not seen an improvement for a long time now with or without or supposedly top players. What really disgusted me the most today was the reaction of the players at the final whistle ONE PLAYER who was chrissy porter who applauded the fans. Not looking for a big round of applause but a bit of manners would be appreciated. At the end of the day we're the one's that pay the money every week.

Be there next week though :blink:

Aye, cause Under 19s are really the ones to be throwing in in a relegation battle.

Sorry, but face facts, we are at our level, and that won't change.

Get used to it.

I'm not suggetsing these guys should be starting games, but so far that we haven't used players off the bench who have changed much, if anything.

At least the guys I mentioned seem to be doing well with the wee teams - if they came on just now, at least the crowd would be behind them

I do agree that the experienced players are the ones we should be relying on, but if they ain't cutting it, surely trying something is better than doing nothing about it

MON RA DOSSERS

How are we at our level? We might have overachieved last season but surely that should have shown the football Motherwell can play when we feel like it. We aren't too good to be relegated and this run of form is clearly showing that but no way should we be losing the games that we are at the moment. How long has it been since we were in division 1? 22 years, 23 years? Yes we have escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth on a few occasions but come on, I know lots of people weren't great fans of Butcher but at least we saw the top half of the table when he was manager. Obviously teams like Hamilton have a bit of hunger because they want to stay in the SPL. This run isn't what Motherwell fans should have to put up with, it's shocking, we can play decent football, but it looks like we have just given up already.

How are we at our level? We might have overachieved last season but surely that should have shown the football Motherwell can play when we feel like it. We aren't too good to be relegated and this run of form is clearly showing that but no way should we be losing the games that we are at the moment. How long has it been since we were in division 1? 22 years, 23 years? Yes we have escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth on a few occasions but come on, I know lots of people weren't great fans of Butcher but at least we saw the top half of the table when he was manager. Obviously teams like Hamilton have a bit of hunger because they want to stay in the SPL.

A fair point and one that shouldn't be forgotten - no-one is too good to go down, and the will to stay there may well determine who stays up

MON RA DOSSERS

Apologies if it has been posted up already but saw this on the BBC live updates from the game:

"Motherwell have now gone 10 hours and fifteen minutes without scoring a goal in open play." BBC Scotland's John Barnes

:P:blink:

Out of interest, how much of that has Clarkson been missing ?

MON RA DOSSERS

Not very good today. We really need to take a look at our defence and IMO Craigan can't come back soon enough. Reynolds really seems to struggle without him and from what I've seen of Klimpl (granted only 2 games) I think he'd be more suited to playing in midfield than centre back.

I thought there were some decent performances today, Porter for one, Saunders looked a bit more comfortable and I'll put my tin hat on here but I thought Quinn was decent in an unfamiliar position and didn't hide from the responsibility.

O'Brian (sp?) looks like he could be worth a start I reckon, he was made to look worse due to the complete lack of support from Hammell. I lost count of the number of times O'Brian had 2 or 3 Hamilton players marking him and was looking for Hammell to show for the ball only to have to go it alone.

As for Murphy, I thought he was doing well and was a bit baffled by the substitution but on the radio after McGhee said that he gave Murphy a job to do which he wasn't doing so I guess that's fair enough.

I can understand the players just moping off the pitch at the end of the game but credit to both Sutton and Porter who took the time to give the fans a hand.

We do need a bit of a change in luck but I guess the good news today is that with Caley losing they're going to be as lacking in confidence as we are. Hopefully the road to recovery can kick off next week.

Yes Caley are crap but so are Accies and Kilmarnock's reserves. Their 1st team got beat today at home to St'Mirren. Two CERTAINTIES i fear about next week 1 Mark Reynolds will be sweeper again as usual and cost us a goal and Caley will beat us 2-0. Anyway im off to the Xmas party tonight in the Davie Cooper to get pissed and forget today;s debacle and ma coupon got fecked by a last minute AIRDRIE goal. MERRY XMAS EVERYBODY. :blink:

The thing that pisses me off about the team right now is the total lack of fight, too many of them going through the motions, Quinn for all his faults looks like a guy who would run through a wall for the team just now, but there are not enough like him, we seem to have lost the passion we had last season.

Last season the team fought long and hard for 3rd place as something of an honour to Phil, where has the fight gone.

Yes Caley are crap but so are Accies and Kilmarnock's reserves. Their 1st team got beat today at home to St'Mirren. Two CERTAINTIES i fear about next week 1 Mark Reynolds will be sweeper again as usual and cost us a goal and Caley will beat us 2-0. Anyway im off to the Xmas party tonight in the Davie Cooper to get pissed and forget today;s debacle and ma coupon got fecked by a last minute AIRDRIE goal. MERRY XMAS EVERYBODY. :blink:

post-131-1229795041_thumb.jpg