Who Will Follow Mcghee To Aberdeen ?

EastStandWellFan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the sheepies up here are on their high horse about signing Clarkson, Hughes and Klimpl. I have no worres that Clarkson would even consider coming up here, and to agree with everyone else, they couldnt afford him. They can take Hughes and Klimpl if they want, might even do us a favour by playing Klimpl as centre half next to Diamond. Scarey thought how bad they would be!

And i couldnt see Buzz coming up here. Plus Aberdeen fans HATE him with a passion. They have never "forgiven" him for the double penalty save at Fir Park against Jamie Smith in the cup a few years back. Aberdeen fans always having a go at me about how much of a dick he is. Bit harsh i think

Anyways, if i hear any rumours from up this way, or spot any 'well players hanging around, i'll keep you updated!

I think we will most likely see Hughes and Klimpl in Aberdeen shirts next season. I also think Clarky is a definate to sign a pre contract in January unless we get the finger out and give him a new deal soon :mad:

Thing is though, losing those three, our three 'best players' in the eyes of many might not be that bad a thing.

For a start Hughes flatters to decieve most of the time and with him away we will stop playing everything through him.

Klimpl, although a fans favourite - he has his 'legend' moments but is he actually that good?

Also with Clarky, I doubt we could get another 'international Striker' up front for us and on his day Clarky is a fast, clinical and most importantly commited striker, however we all know he can be frustrating and perhaps we would get a more consistent striker in in place of him.

Don't get me wrong, I would hate to lose the 3 to Aberdeen, especially Clarky - not every club has a player with so much attachment to the club who has scored over 60 goals for them but it won;t be the end of the world.

This is what infuriates me though it would appear that no effort was made in keeping these boys at Fir Park as McGhee probably expected for a day like today to come to fruition.

That's nonsense, is it not? All of them were offered contracts, no?

EDIT: For what it's worth, I don't see Clarky going anywhere other than down south. Maybe if, somehow, Rangers or Celtic came in for him (which I doubt they would) then his future surely would be down south. Yes, you could say that other SPL clubs around our level may be able to offer him a few bucks more but I don't think he si the type to take the money while not really improving the standard he is playing at. Seems too emotionally attached and too much of a 'homeboy' to move North or East just for the sake of a few extra quid.

That's nonsense, is it not? All of them were offered contracts, no?

EDIT: For what it's worth, I don't see Clarky going anywhere other than down south.

I think it would be a gamble for Clarky to go down south.

It is so competitive down there and fans are more fickle than ours. Clarky is a frustrating player, sometimes he looks like he aint ever seen a fitbaw and other times he looks like he should be starting for Scotland! We have been patient with him and it has paid off. A random club like Reading or something won't have fans that will sit through his first touch bouncing off his knee saying 'Hard lines Clarky - next time pal'.

He should stay at the 'Well - for ever!

He could very work out to be a 'career-man' - it is so rare these days that it would be a fantastic thing.

Additionally he must only be two or three years away from a testimonial (at 23 years old ;) ) which could have an impact on him staying on....

I hope!!

EDIT, Clarky just completed his 8th season as a 'Well player!!! Two to go for a testimonial!!!

From Evening Express.

But McGhee and his assistant Scott Leitch, who will join him in moving to Aberdeen FC from Motherwell, have already began the process of identifying new signings.

Aberdeen FC have already been linked with moves for Stephen Hughes and Maros Klimpl, who both played under McGhee at Fir Park.

McGhee said: "We have been talking about that since the first bid from Aberdeen FC for us.

"Now we need to press the buttons and see what we can do.

From Evening Express.

But McGhee and his assistant Scott Leitch, who will join him in moving to Aberdeen FC from Motherwell, have already began the process of identifying new signings.

Aberdeen FC have already been linked with moves for Stephen Hughes and Maros Klimpl, who both played under McGhee at Fir Park.

McGhee said: "We have been talking about that since the first bid from Aberdeen FC for us.

That is horrible. No wonder we aint offered anyone contracts. McGhee has been talking to them about taking them to ABerdeen!! Has DC's contact talks not started as McGhee has 'promised' him an extra grand a week up in Aberdeen.. Wouldn't put it past him... ;)

That is horrible. No wonder we aint offered anyone contracts. McGhee has been talking to them about taking them to ABerdeen!! Has DC's contact talks not started as McGhee has 'promised' him an extra grand a week up in Aberdeen.. Wouldn't put it past him... ;)

I rather suspected he was up to that, whilst still officially a Motherwell employee.

Shocking.

On the subject of players leaving, no-one will leave whilst we arte without a manager, especially as we only have 14 first team players at the moment!

From Evening Express.

Just goes to show what type of MAN he is an absolute wank (excuse my language but it's a disgrace)

I've been led to believe that Hughes is not interested in a move up North. He wants another crack at English football, and if that doesn't materialise then he would stay with us until that chance arrises - two years max. Only other team he would join is Rangers, who after winning the title, probably won't be interested.

Heard that from someone within the club who knows him.

On the back of this info - if true - he could very well still be at The 'Ark next season.

I wonder if they'll put a bid in for Flow? He's the SPL's best Media Man (as voted for by the hacks) and is a general web wizard. Will Flow follow in McGhee and Leitchy's footsteps?

Will the lure of a top end Vauxhall Corsa and free mutton pies for life sway the boy away from the Chapman Building????

From Evening Express.

That is horrible. No wonder we aint offered anyone contracts. McGhee has been talking to them about taking them to ABerdeen!! Has DC's contact talks not started as McGhee has 'promised' him an extra grand a week up in Aberdeen.. Wouldn't put it past him... :lol:

Just goes to show what type of MAN he is an absolute wank (excuse my language but it's a disgrace)

All of this combined with his spouting pish about the aberdeen job being 3rd best job just shows what kind of slimy wee barsteward he is , the sheep are welcome to him but he will shite on them just as easily

I rather suspected he was up to that, whilst still officially a Motherwell employee.

Shocking.

Agreed Peter. There's a fair chance that Mark McGhee knew well before the end of the season about likely managerial moves away from Parkhead and Pittodrie.

I wonder if they'll put a bid in for Flow? He's the SPL's best Media Man (as voted for by the hacks) and is a general web wizard. Will Flow follow in McGhee and Leitchy's footsteps?

Will the lure of a top end Vauxhall Corsa and free mutton pies for life sway the boy away from the Chapman Building????

Nah, 'Flow's a Well man through-and-through. He'd never sell himself out at the detriment of our club!

Hi All,

First of all sorry for not introducing myself earlier. But after realising that my user name is the head of pro youths name backwards "Gordon Young", i felt if i posted it would cause some confusion.

Secondly a wee bit about myself. Motherwell are not my 1st team, but i have had links with "The Well" now for over 7yrs and they are very much in my blood now.

The 1 thing that really worries me after reading through the thread and also what has materilised over the last couple of hrs coming out of sheepville, is this.

If Aberdeen are in the same boat as most of scottish football and don`t have a lot of money to buy players, MMG will not have that much of a budget, and knowing that Aberdeen have very little talent coming through their ranks.

Could he not bid for our talent coming through. We have a lot of boys that he & Leitchy rate very highly indeed. And he stated that there has been a few teams wanting to buy them, but that would not sell cos who would he have for back up to the first team squad.

So it wouldn`t surprise me if he tries to buy a few of them. But hopefully who ever comes in tells them to GTF, cos i honestly believe we have some of the best talented boys coming through, that would benefit Motherwell for years to come.

Sorry for harping on. If 1 of the Admin read this can you please change my name to wee g