Whats The Chances ?

deljohnstone

We will play Aberdeen on the first day of the season. Of that I am certain.

The arseholes that put the fixtures together will guarantee this. Just like they paired us with Celtic right after Skippy Sunday to allow them the get revenge quickly (ha ha) and Dumfermline with Celtic after Sutton had publicly called Dumfermline cheats.

Funny how the Old Firm NEVER meet on the first day eh?.....

Cut him some slack - he's doing the same thing as many a Motherwell player, coach and manager have done over the years and will continue to do so for the long-term future.

If someone like Chris McCart is appointed, will we gloss over him leaving to join Celtic last year to further his career?

Luc Nijholt as a player left to further his career by joining Swindon and has left a few other clubs in his management career.

It's part and parcel with football.....it even happens to clubs like Manyoo, as a certain Ronaldo is currently proving. People move on, thats life.

Mark McGhee - thanks for the two seasons in charge and hopefully he can challenge the scum firm (along with our new messiah) this season.

Cut him some slack - he's doing the same thing as many a Motherwell player, coach and manager have done over the years and will continue to do so for the long-term future.

If someone like Chris McCart is appointed, will we gloss over him leaving to join Celtic last year to further his career?

Luc Nijholt as a player left to further his career by joining Swindon and has left a few other clubs in his management career.

It's part and parcel with football.....it even happens to clubs like Manyoo, as a certain Ronaldo is currently proving. People move on, thats life.

Mark McGhee - thanks for the two seasons in charge and hopefully he can challenge the scum firm (along with our new messiah) this season.

As I think Al B said in another thread, people move on but there's two ways of doing it. The McFadden way and the Pearson McDonald McGhee way...

As I think Al B said in another thread, people move on but there's two ways of doing it. The McFadden way and the Pearson McDonald McGhee way...

Did McDonald really do anything that wrong? He was playing with a side that nearly got relegated when Rangers tried to buy him - he took a hissy at not being allowed to leave.

If we had been relegated, the Rangers offer may have been his final chance to play for a bigger team. If so, he would have been justified to be bitter.

And didn't McGhee say from day one that we were a stepping stone anyway? We knew what we were getting when we went with McGhee and he has been true to his word/past form. We got two forays into Europe out of him and now have an extra 200k in the kitty. Glad we had him, wish he was still here but now that he is gone I don't hold quite same bitterness as everyone else. He's been true to his word and we have come out of it a better club and a li'l richer. Fine by me.

As for Leitch, really not understanding the pettiness here from certain Rangers fans on the forum. Who is to say that when (IF!!!) he was offered the Motherwell job he felt that maybe he wasn't quite ready to step up and take us forward and that he had more to learn from a thorough and professional gaffer such as McGhee before THEN feeling he was ready? Might not yet be the last we see of Leitch at Fir Park.

I know we have just been jilted so it is easy to go with knee-jerk reactions but some of the bitterness is astonishing, even from a notoriously brutal Motherwell support.

And didn't McGhee say from day one that we were a stepping stone anyway? We knew what we were getting when we went with McGhee and he has been true to his word/past form. We got two forays into Europe out of him and now have an extra 200k in the kitty. Glad we had him, wish he was still here but now that he is gone I don't hold quite same bitterness as everyone else. He's been true to his word and we have come out of it a better club and a li'l richer. Fine by me.

i think the 200K will be more used for another manager than anything else

Again you also have to look into the way the press cover stories.

Using Robinho at Man City, he's always being linked with moves away, the latest headline on the Sky Sports reported he wanted to play for Barcelona.

Headline was 'Robinho admits Barca appeal' ...'City star casts doubt over future at Eastlands'

The players actual quote about playing for Barcelona (which was obvioulsy a reply to a question asked by a reporter) was

"The only thing I can say is that Barcelona are a great team and everybody would love to play for them."

He ended his interview by saying ""I left because I was not happy. I do not regret the decision and I'm comfortable at Manchester City." regards his move from Real Madrid.

His comments are truthful, Barcelona are a great team and everyone would love to play for them.

Now is he whoring himself or his he simply responding to a reporter's question truthfully and the interview is being hyped into something more??

Point - Don't be mis-led by media spin and hype

Its not the fact the he is leaving that is getting people's back up. We all knew that was going to happen. It's the fact that despite all the coverage this story has had over the past fortnight I have yet to hear McGhee mention Motherwell once.

Not to say he enjoyed his time here or to thank us for taking a chance on him and giving him a job back in football when it looked like everyone else had given up on him.

I half expected maybe Leitch to come out and say something considering he was born in the town, started his career with us and spent the last few seasons of his career captaining our team, or John Boye guaranteeing him a job for life at Fir Park

But, fuck all from either of them.

I hope Annan pump them out the CIS and they get the sack.

Who is to say they aren't saying that? They don't control what the press chooses to print from interviews nor do they control what the media shows from interviews. Anyway, I am sure I have seen some quotes on this site a couple times already today saying McGhee loved his time at Motherwell and thanking everyone.

And I hope Annan pump them out the cup too.

Perhaps they have, but anything I have read has been purely about Mark McGhee and Aberdeen.

If he has sad anything postive then fair enough, but John Hughes didn't see to have anytrouble getting his views on his time at Falkirk into the press.

Perhaps they have, but anything I have read has been purely about Mark McGhee and Aberdeen.

If he has sad anything postive then fair enough, but John Hughes didn't see to have anytrouble getting his views on his time at Falkirk into the press.

I would expect to see more ofhis views on Motherwell in nthe papers tomorrow. The TV Interviews tends to be about the club he's just signed for.

I mean if we were to take Ally McCoist or Neil Lennon on as manager would you really be prefer to see the first tv interviews going on about their time at their previous club or what they intend to do with their time at Motherwell?

I know which I'd prefer, most of the stuff Yogi said about Falkirk wasn't printed until the day after and any interview showing it didn't go up until the following day.

As far as the TV is concerned the news is the appointment and the future very rarely is it the past.

As for Leitch, really not understanding the pettiness here from certain Rangers fans on the forum. Who is to say that when (IF!!!) he was offered the Motherwell job he felt that maybe he wasn't quite ready to step up and take us forward and that he had more to learn from a thorough and professional gaffer such as McGhee before THEN feeling he was ready? Might not yet be the last we see of Leitch at Fir Park.

I know we have just been jilted so it is easy to go with knee-jerk reactions but some of the bitterness is astonishing, even from a notoriously brutal Motherwell support.

Not wanting to join in the pettiness ;) but it is my belief that we are not being left a better club or on any sounder footings from McGhees impact he done a lot of the dirty work clearing out deadwood but he didn't build the squad back up and by the sounds of it didn't secure contracts for our assets, Little or no grooming(no not that!) was done getting youth players into first team positions and a handful of youngsters were freed whom others felt could have made the grade and as such our status as a selling club to balance the books is vunerable.

Sure it was great to watch at times and I enjoyed much of it, but as a club we're not really in a better shape thanks to him (other areas are improving) indeed his impact might be compared to Mr Boyles early experiment where eyes were taken off what our club really needs to be, to survive in the top league.

Oh and I doubt the club are any richer to any notable amount from his time here