Season 2009 -2010 Fixture List

Welldaft Mk1

Sorry - Don't know them yet :lol:

Just thought I would start the post to see if when they are issued in a few minutes we are happy or not with our lot.

The start to last season was a nightmare - playing the top 6 + Hearts in a row. Never allowed us to build any momentum and probably cost us a top 6 place.

Fingers crossed that we also avoid back to back old firm games.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?op...7&Itemid=71

Aberdeen away 3rd game we are good enough to take at least 7 points from opening 3, mind you i am incredibly optimistic at the worst of times :lol:

Just realised we have Smellic twice before we have played others like St Midden and A****s once what a balls up again!!!!!

Difficult start, away AGAIN on the opening day of the season. Still, we've not lost at McDiarmid Park since that 5-0 thumping in Billy Davies debut so it's been a fairly happy hunting ground for us in recent times.

First home game is against Killie and surprise, surprise, we play Aberdeen, at Pittodrie on August 29th. You just knew we wouldn't get through the first month without meeting Mr McGhee didn't you? Have to wait until 21st November before we can welcome him back to Fir Park though.

I noticed the official site has us playing Celtic twice in 4 weeks. I think the first one should read Rangers??

Alos noticed quite a few midweek Wednesday night games - 4 at least, inc Hearts at Tynecastle on 30th Dec :lol:

That suits me and the few hardy band of supporters from the capital.

Thats cleared that up a thot the SPL computer fu***d up what an embarrassment that would have been!!

Guest 'Flow

Sorry for that Rangers / Celtic typo - snowed under on Fixture days because we have to manually update our site whereas others are feeds!

Not too dissapointed with things....

Aberdeen vs Celtic on the opening day should be tasty!

'Flow

Guest 'Flow
I think its the official site thats mucked it up !!

Check out the teams highlighted in "RED", the assumption is they are home fixtures, check the "h" & "a" next to the fixture, its a contradiction.

Hope thats clear :lol:

No, the teams in red were live links to their website - which I was updating as I went... 30mins to do everything isn't enough when you're on your own!

The only error was having Celtic instead of Rangers on 12th September which was quickly changed.

Apoligies...

'Flow

No, the teams in red were live links to their website - which I was updating as I went... 30mins to do everything isn't enough when you're on your own!

The only error was having Celtic instead of Rangers on 12th September which was quickly changed.

Apoligies...

'Flow

Judging by the season ticket thread, some folk would have turned up expecting to see Celtic for a fourth time :lol:

Sorry - Don't know them yet :evilgrin:

Just thought I would start the post to see if when they are issued in a few minutes we are happy or not with our lot.

The start to last season was a nightmare - playing the top 6 + Hearts in a row. Never allowed us to build any momentum and probably cost us a top 6 place.

Fingers crossed that we also avoid back to back old firm games.

I think that not being able to score a single goal in 180mins against St Mirren and Kille towards the split may have had slightly more bearing on us not achieving top 6! Nice wee opener for MMcG I notice, what a dilema that must put him in!

We have to play everyone 3 times before the split, so the order isn't that important, unless we have a particularly bad run, which we haven't really.

Not the worst start we could've had, although it will be tricky. Now for the Europa League draw on Monday!! :evilgrin:

I remember going up to Perth in the Cup and a certain Scott Mcdonald got a double after coming on as a sub, first game for the club? Does that sound about right? I was steaming so I could be remembering wrong...

You remember it wrong, Clarky got the double and McDonald got a late third after coming on as a sub.