Season 2009 -2010 Fixture List

Welldaft Mk1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, one of Clarky's goals was a lovely little lob over the goalie from the edge of the box. He had just got a hat-trick against Dundee Utd. and nearly made it 2 in a row at Perth. I'm not sure but I seem to remember he was subbed and didn't look pleased.

some good fixtures. if we get a good start against st j and killie we'll hopefully take a good crowd up to visit mr mcghee in abereen.

h*n.s at fir park midweek is always good. we have a good record playing them at night midweek.

two trips to edinburgh in december, the second one on dec 30th should be a belter. celtic at home in december as well, hopefully it'll be a three o'clock kick off (i love floodlights)

accies at fir park on jan 2 should be a belter as well. then the scottish cup the week after. :nod:

yeh your right, it was something like he would have been the first person to score back to back hat-tricks in (Scottish?) Proffessional footy? something like that anyway

don't think so. larsson scored two hat tricks in a row then scored four against us in the no goram 1-7 game (i'm still raging at that!). tam cowan had said he'd chop his left baw off if larsson got a hat trick against us but then claimed he didn't have to cause he scored 4 not 3.

My feelings exactly Dave. Apart from the OF away this was the one game I really wanted to avoid as the opening fixture. Its their Cup Final and a game we'll struggle to take anything from.

aye the cardboard cut outs will be right up for it.

last time a motherwell manager made his debut there things did not go well. micheal fraser better not get chipped from the halfway line.

some decent memories there as well. obviously the scottish cup game but also spencer's solo 30 yarder.

Not bad, not bad.

First game at McDiarmid though could be on Monday night if Setanta get their finger oot. Remember they had Accies first game on against Utd to give them their limelight for coming up. That would be a shitter as I predict a LOT of 'Well fans going up for that one :notworthy:

'Derby Day' is good and we have a good chance to get 6 points on the board from the first 2, which I can't remember doing for AGES!!

Although back to back Old Firm - AGAIN ang AGAIN and AGAIN for us!! :cheers:

I long for the days when we played each other just the twice the second half of the season was almost a carbon copy of the first. Now the inconsistencies are glaring, we play Celtic twice in 6 weeks, October and December, then dont play them again until the last match before the split, 4 months later.

I long for the days when we played each other just the twice the second half of the season was almost a carbon copy of the first. Now the inconsistencies are glaring, we play Celtic twice in 6 weeks, October and December, then dont play them again until the last match before the split, 4 months later.

That was done on purpose, as clubs requested that the 'groundhog day' (or groundhog quarter) effect was removed, playing team 'A' first game of quarter, team 'B' second etc....

It isn't 'inconsistencies' :notworthy:

I remember going up to Perth in the Cup and a certain Scott Mcdonald got a double after coming on as a sub, first game for the club? Does that sound about right? I was steaming so I could be remembering wrong...

think it was only one he scored, beat them like 3 - 0 and clarkson scored one of the three, as did skippy, just canni mind who also scored

we have a good chance to get 6 points on the board from the first 2, which I can't remember doing for AGES!!

Poor memory then cos it was only McGhee;s first season. December looks a tough month and the last two games are frought with danger if we chasing anything though there is a caveat that the Celtic (a) game at the end may move if someone is in Europe. Also think midweek cup semis are a daft idea. I know the season has been compressed because of the WC and Burley's desire for a free Saturday on 8th but that'll further reduce attendances for what should be biggish games.

Toastie done everything that day except score. Even to the point he went for a diving header and kept pulling himself along the ground to try to connect with the header.

I think it was one game where people were feeling sorry for him.