Who Chooses?

Haggischomper

So, obviously JB is doing the interviews for the new manager and would have final say but who else has an input? The rest of the board? Who ARE the rest of the board? And what makes them qualified to judge a manager given that these guys probably aren't football people at all, by and large. Does anyone else at the club have a say at all - or is it purely the board (and therefore a decision most likely taken with the business in mind rather than the best footballing choice)? Can we apply pressure to Flow to add a fan vote? :blush:

MODS: If you feel this should be in the huuuuge manage thread please feel free to merge it on in.

How many managers have we been through under Boyle now? Kampman: recommended by Alan Dick remembering our Mypa disaster. Davies: promotion from within down to Boyle and Nevin. Eric Black: Hired by Boyle and Nevin. Butcher: Here at the time we went into administration. Malpas: No real decision made, just passed it down the line, agreed when he knocked back a couple of other jobs? McGhee: Boyle appointment.

Not a great track record, is it? Discount Butcher and Malpas as they were here when the job was going and kind of inherited it, and you're left with one success, one clear failure and Billy Davies and Eric Black (I know opinions will be split on those ones). However he's doing it, he'll need to and replicate the process of two years ago and hope for the same outcome results wise...

Fans are generally pretty clueless when it comes to what is required of a manager (and I include myself in this), and it would be pretty pointless voting if we aren't party to what the candidates says during their interview.

JB did a decent job in hiring the last one, so I'm happy to let him choose the next. I think he has learned from his mistakes.

For now :lol:

Guest 'Flow

Guys,

Leeann, Stewart and in-directly, John all read the forums every day and we constantly discuss what is being said and people's opinions on certain things.

Whilst you need to take this, and places like it, with a large dose of salt it's great for gathering general feeling and this has been the case for some time now...

'Flow

Guys,

Leeann, Stewart and in-directly, John all read the forums every day and we constantly discuss what is being said and people's opinions on certain things.

Whilst you need to take this, and places like it, with a large dose of salt it's great for gathering general feeling and this has been the case for some time now...

'Flow

In that case.....

L U C IS THE MAN YOU REQUIRE. Subliminal?

Guys,

'Flow

Interesting post Flow, thanks. Given your role within the club it must be difficult at times for you to not respond to posts on here.

Personally I have been very impressed by the way the club and JB have handled things over the last few weeks. While it is frustrating as a fan to hear little from the club in these situations it is absolutely the way it should be. There are some others in the Football business who could learn a few lessons.

In JB we trust!!

Guest 'Flow

I would agree - Certainly, Motherwell Football Club won't comment publicly on vacant positions out of respect for any prospective candidate.

Obviously the media get a hold of certain stories from various sources within the game and there is nothing we can do to stop that (and remember, a good lot of them are not true whatsoever). However, as I've said, I think it would be wrong of the club to speculate about things whilst the recruitment process is on-going.

What I suppose can be said is that there is a lot of due diligence with this sort of thing, every avenue is explored and exhausted.

The group of people charged with appointing our new manager are good, knowledgeable and trustworthy folks who got the last appointment pretty much spot on. Hopefully the same will happen again in 2009.

'Flow

I take it Colin Calderwood's not in the running then :lol: . You could argue then that it's in the club's interests to let us believe that McAllister and Nijholt are in the running given that they're populist choices. Then go with someone they feel might do a better job, but at least the fans's favourites have been considered. Or have I watched too many conspiracy movies...?