Special Club Bulletin - The Grass Has Grown 0.5mm Last Night

El Grew

I thought we needed another striker before Clarkson left, so I reckon we need 2 strikers at the very least...

I wouldn't disagree with that, but maybe - just maybe - Sutton and Jamie Murphy can get the best out of each other. A big lump of a boy that puts himself about and wins headers plus a wee nippy, skillful guy? That combination has worked before. I'd at least give the two of them a few games to develop a partnership, and then it could be a case of looking for a striker to come off the bench, rather than looking for one to partner Sutton or Murphy. And obviously that would mean saving money which could be spent elsewhere.

If no money is made available from the sale of Clarkson (and probably Quinn) to Jim Gannon then serious questions need to be asked as to why we, despite selling every half decent player we've ever had, are haemorrhaging money every season at an alarming rate!!! There is no way we can survive unless a completely new team is built and how the hell are we going to do that without re-investing some of these transfer fees?!?

We're hardly haemorraging money, we're one of the only clubs to be turning a profit each season and have one of the lowest levels of debt in the entire league if you read that PWC report.

I'd rather we kept going at a steady rate, balancing the books than be in a position like Kilmarnock and be one bad move, especially in "these times" away from going bust.

Completely agree with that. I'd much rather we spend a year piecing a decent squad together and finish 8th or 9th this season than panic buy some names for the short term and finish 4th (but in debt and needing to rebuild again next summer).