Special Club Bulletin - The Grass Has Grown 0.5mm Last Night

El Grew

Day after day we have had updates on how the pitch refurbishment is coming along - the grass is germinating, the covers are coming off, the grass has grown 0.5mm overnight, it'll soon be getting its first cut, blah, blah, blah, blah, etc. :doh:

Talk about bleeding ridiculous!!!! Just who is all this shite for? The SPL hierearchy - so as to be able to prove that we really did do the job this time!! :lol:

Oh and by the way we are flogging every player that we have that anyone with a bob or two is interested in buying - oh and we won't be too hard to deal with as any offer will be considered. :wacko: Also we don't have a manager yet. But season tickets are flying out the door!! :lol:

What a comedy turn this club is turning into. Boyle out and pretty damn quickly before he sells the f*ucking grass. <_<

Day after day we have had updates on how the pitch refurbishment is coming along - the grass is germinating, the covers are coming off, the grass has grown 0.5mm overnight, it'll soon be getting its first cut, blah, blah, blah, blah, etc. :lol:

Talk about bleeding ridiculous!!!! Just who is all this shite for?

Partly, I presume, for the people on here who asked for as many updates as possible to prove we were really doing it properly this time. Yes, they really did.

Day after day we have had updates on how the pitch refurbishment is coming along - the grass is germinating, the covers are coming off, the grass has grown 0.5mm overnight, it'll soon be getting its first cut, blah, blah, blah, blah, etc. :doh:

Talk about bleeding ridiculous!!!! Just who is all this shite for? The SPL hierearchy - so as to be able to prove that we really did do the job this time!! :lol:

Oh and by the way we are flogging every player that we have that anyone with a bob or two is interested in buying - oh and we won't be too hard to deal with as any offer will be considered. :wacko: Also we don't have a manager yet. But season tickets are flying out the door!! :lol:

What a comedy turn this club is turning into. Boyle out and pretty damn quickly before he sells the f*ucking grass. <_<

Don't agree. I think our Chairman is actually going through a purple patch at the moment. Listening to the fans regarding Davie Cooper stand, not letting Aberdeen bully us over MM and appointing Jim Gannon. We may be one of the few SPL clubs that actually have little to worry about financially. That all sounds good to me.

To top it off we have a brand new playing surface. I would say all is well. Just shows it is all about opnions.

Talk about bleeding ridiculous!!!! Just who is all this shite for? The SPL hierearchy - so as to be able to prove that we really did do the job this time!! :P

Behave yourself for god's sake, for my money Boyle's doing a terrific job.

It's a time of change at our club and I think it was needed, a few of our players looked quite jaded last year, and with no TV money on the horizon for next season we really need to cash in on our assets. Rather than being disappointed at players leaving the club, Clarkson apart, I am quite excited by the new regime coming in and making some much needed changes.

As for the pitch, it's standard procedure to photograph the separate stages of major work like this, for insurance purposes mainly, and the fact that the club are putting them up on the website and keeping us up to date with every move is admirable. It may not be to everyone's taste but some of us are enjoying the updates and regular info, let's face it, after the players there is nothing more important at a Football Club than the pitch.

You can;t please all of the people all of the time.

It's information for the fans. some will like to read up on it, others will find it pointless and irrellavant. Maybe flow could tell us how many hits the "pitch update" pages have had in comparison to the other news items to give us an idea of how many folks care about it.

Somebody got out of bed the wrong side this morning.

FWIW I like the updates. you can be assured that if there were none - people would be on here moaning that there is no news etc. What a fickle bunch we can be at times. I include myself in that last comment :P

I am trying to look at this from the glass half full angle. I think the SPL will get a deal - it may not be as good as the one Setanta signed from 2010 but it will be better than the current one. ESPN need the SPL content to boost there channel and we need ESPN.

That hopefully leaves the new manager with some cash to invest in replacing the players who are being sold and those whose contracts expire. If he does a decent job then we may well have a better team than last season with a fresh squad.

My only immediate concern is that our squad is desperately thin for these games against Llanelli. With out strongest team from last year we would win reasonably comfortably IMHO, but with the current squad it will be a real battle.

The Club obviously feel it is important that they prove to the fans and indeed the rest of the SPL that they are doing everything in their power to provide the best playing surface possible at Fir Park.

In the wake of the huge criticism recieved in the last few years (and quite rightly in my opinion) they obviously feel the need to be as transparent as possible.

For what its worth, I've read every one of the updates and look forward to the next with baited breath. Bring on the new pitch!

I think it depends upon what you view as priorities and perhaps how patient and tolerant you happen to be.

I have had the pleasure of El Grew's assistance in the past for a programme article and from those dealings in the past know that his passion and long standing support for MFC is strong.

What I suspect he would rather be seeing, though I stand to be corrected, is confirmation of a manager, news of contracts, news of new signings etc and in the grand scheme of things regular bulletins of progress on the pitch comes someway down the list of priorities.

Personally I've been lapping up the regular updates on the pitch, enjoyed the teasers for the strip and am happy to give the club hierarchy the time and space to make the appointments and subsequent signings that will follow.

As I say I think we are all aiming for the same goal even if we are looking to get there at different speeds and by different routes. A bit like the trip to Llanelli if you will :D

Day after day we have had updates on how the pitch refurbishment is coming along - the grass is germinating, the covers are coming off, the grass has grown 0.5mm overnight, it'll soon be getting its first cut, blah, blah, blah, blah, etc. :thumbup:

Talk about bleeding ridiculous!!!! Just who is all this shite for? The SPL hierearchy - so as to be able to prove that we really did do the job this time!! :D

Oh and by the way we are flogging every player that we have that anyone with a bob or two is interested in buying - oh and we won't be too hard to deal with as any offer will be considered. :wallbash: Also we don't have a manager yet. But season tickets are flying out the door!! :doh:

What a comedy turn this club is turning into. Boyle out and pretty damn quickly before he sells the f*ucking grass. :D

The fact is if a player wants to leave then it is pointless trying to hold on to him. I think the money that has been offered for our players has been pretty fair. Are you trying to say Quinn is worth a million quid or something?

Loved that thread as Captain Manwearing used to say DONT PANIC! We've brought a new manager in who will bring in his own players and we must remember last season we got comfortably cuffed twice at home to Kilmarnock's RESERVES went out both cups without even a whimper and bottom of the league for a fair part of the season. A clearout IS required and i would flog Reynolds too and hunt Fitzpatrick and McGarry as soon as possible also. Lets give Jim Gannon some time to get new faces in that will improve us. We've made good money on our players and im sure Gannon will get funds to reinvest in the team. I do think however we'll be out of Europe before that happens and i have to say i fear the worst against this Welsh pub team. But once our new man gets players in im sure we'll be ok. Cant see us making top 6 mind you.

While I'm not quite as anxious as El Grew about the future (I too think JB has been playing a blinder recently), I think he has a slight point here.

Given the situation we've found ourselves in (no manager, players being sold apparently), I've found it very difficult to get excited about a new pitch or a new strip. To me these are the frills, the add ons, which don't really matter that much. The pitch could be a swamp again next season and we could return to the jester strip for all I care as long as we have a decent team. And I know a new pitch will help team performance but not as much as some players would...

Did we not go on and on about the pitch holding us back over the last two seasons?

I have to disagree about it being a frill. Having a decent pitch is the most basic requirement for any professional football team. Without that how can anyone else take us seriously!?

Get the basics right, and everything else will fall into place.

Talk about bleeding ridiculous!!!! Just who is all this shite for? The SPL hierearchy - so as to be able to prove that we really did do the job this time!! <_<

A barrel of laughs, eh SuperSteelman ?? :whistling:

I think it depends upon what you view as priorities and perhaps how patient and tolerant you happen to be.

I have had the pleasure of El Grew's assistance in the past for a programme article and from those dealings in the past know that his passion and long standing support for MFC is strong.

What I suspect he would rather be seeing, though I stand to be corrected, is confirmation of a manager, news of contracts, news of new signings etc and in the grand scheme of things regular bulletins of progress on the pitch comes someway down the list of priorities.

Personally I've been lapping up the regular updates on the pitch, enjoyed the teasers for the strip and am happy to give the club hierarchy the time and space to make the appointments and subsequent signings that will follow.

As I say I think we are all aiming for the same goal even if we are looking to get there at different speeds and by different routes. A bit like the trip to Llanelli if you will :D

Thanks Andy P. Yes, I posted this with a little bit of tongue in cheek. Sure last season we had a decent team and piss poor pitch but it looks as though it will be vice versa this season. And yes I do think that the bulletins on the pitch were/are mainly for the benefit of the SPL to demonstrate that we did do what we were asked to do.

To be honest the only players I'm sorry to see leaving us are Davie Clarkson and Stephen Hughes. The loss of the rest, as many who have read my previous views on here, don't really trouble me. I don't grudge Davie his move one little bit as he has been a terrific servant to the club and I think the move may help improve again him as a player. But there are others I would rather see leave before Davie.

I believe that we may be left with only 12 first team regulars after the departure of all concerned and with no prospect of any of the proceeds finding its way into the war chest for the new manager. All this before a ball is kicked in anger and with a Europa Cup tie only a few days away. I wish Jim Gannon all the luck in the world because by God he is going to need it in spades.

Another aspect to all of this is, that at a time when the SPL is trying to find somebody (anybody) to give it a TV deal, many clubs are busy selling off their best players and just how this will help sell the SPL to prospective broadcasters is quite beyond me.

Another aspect to all of this is, that at a time when the SPL is trying to find somebody (anybody) to give it a TV deal, many clubs are busy selling off their best players and just how this will help sell the SPL to prospective broadcasters is quite beyond me.

i doubt coach and clarky were huge draws for the average tv viewer.

we're at a massive crossroads just now. the make up of our squad has been fairly steady the last few years and now we're going a big change which is obviously making everyone nervous. things look bad just now but you have to believe that there is method to the madness and that selling two players might allow us to bring in 6 or 7. gannon also said on saturday that he would try and talk to stephen hughes and convince him to re-sign.

i posted a big doom and gloom thread on the last day of the season but after losing our manger and most of our best players i'm strangely optimistic. nobody would have thought it at the time but going into admin was the probably the best thing that could have happened to us. things don't look the best just now either but it could be as much an opportunity as a setback.

If we don't think Gannon will get some of the transfer money to improve our squad then how the Hell can he be expected to put a team out? Come on guys, it's no rocket science. No way can he be denied funds in our current position.

exactly. john boyle gave mcghee 100% backing and i think he'll do the same with gannon. i'd be suprised if he wasn't given a say in clarky staying until xmas. he probably chose to sell clarky so he could build his own team, he seems like an independent minded type of guy. clarky and quinn were great servants and if they can help fund half a dozen new players they'll have done us another turn.

imo opinion we need a keeper, a right back, a centrehalf, two midfielders and a striker.