Jim Gannons 1st Game

Shaun Henderson

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing I want to know is why does Jim Gannon always wear cheap suits. Surely he is worth a bob or two and unfortunately the sign of a bad manger is always a cheap suit. Just look at Billy Reid of Hamilton, he looks as if he dresses in Primark. Come on Jim, one good suit will last a lot longer than the shit you wear, do yourself a favour and stay off the light greys and tans. you know it makes sense!!

Whit the fucks a suit got to do with how good a manager you are? :rolleyes:

while waiting in that shambles of a car park we saw las & family going to their car & he was limping quite noticably so reckon he did pick up a knock.at the end of the day poor game poor result & MUST do better in wales.

okay i'll go with Lasley replaced due to injury but why not replace him with a bit of experience. If we wanted a holding midfielder bring on Fitzy and encourage Forbes to go forward not back or sideways. If we wanted to make a more attack minded move bring DLS on.

JG, on the BBC interview, said he didn't want to put too much responsibility on the younger players but that's what he did bringing them on and expecting them to change the tie.

To be fair I think we have to look at the state Mark Mcghee has left our team in. He seems to have gotten away without any flack, I havent seen any on here anyway?.

I think there has been a fair bit of flack directed at McGhee on these boards regarding the state of the squad he left behind. And deservedly so!

Hee haw in the media though. Not one word.

Lets not bring McGhee into this.

I could pick ten pals and beat that team.

They were just fucking shocking and didn't care a hoot. Well, I don't have a job right now and I shelled out £30 on that while the players took a huff about having to come back early from their fucking holidays.

As for the youngers some of them looked like they'd never seen a football before. Some of them couldn't even kick a ball cleanly. Five year old kids can kick balls cleanly but footballers on pro contracts can't.

Steven Saunders 4th appearance tonight and in all 4 we've failed to score a goal and lost all of them....

But you have to admit McGhee gave all the big talk about getting the out of contract players signed back up then he fucks off.

Clarkson and Quinn are gone because we didn't have them on longer conrtacts. And then McLean and Smith join Falkirk and Brighton after theirs ended! Hughes hasn't re-signed either. Fair enough I'll not lose sleep over losing Klimpl and Malcolm but its not the point.

Just makes you wonder if he bothered his arse.

Clarkson and Quinn left because very good offers were made for them that we simply could not turn down.

True, they were very good offers but IF they had been on longer contracts, we would've commanded more money meaning we could've scared clubs off.

But their gone and we just have to go with what we have at the club.

O'Brien looked great at the start because he was making runs and linking up play well. As the game progressed and he was put in a position to do more he couldn't. He doesn't have it and he knows it. So what does he do? Point at the youngsters. Like he did when he was on TRIAL with us last year.

True, they were very good offers but IF they had been on longer contracts, we would've commanded more money meaning we could've scared clubs off.

But their gone and we just have to go with what we have at the club.

Are you Jim McLean?? Get everyone signed up for 10 years and all that!!! - the club can't force players to sign contracts. If they had been offered longer-term contracts(and maybe they where???), they may have knocked them back. They may have only signed their contracts because they were two year deals.

You also run the risk of Bobo Balde situations, where you sign a player up on a long-term contract only for the player to fall out of favour and refuse to leave as on a cushy contract to do nothing.

The problem last night was that we had no idea how to play against a packed defence. We only had two or three up front most of the time, trying to play their way through 8 players (and ROUND that No.4). At least we didn't resort to hopeful long, high balls as we have done in the past, but it was too easy for their defence to crowd us out. We need to get in behind them from wide and get balls low and hard across the front of their keeper, then their packed defence all facing their own goals becomes a problem for them.

At the other end, why did we sometimes seem to need 3 or 4 defending against their No.9?

To a certain extent it makes a pleasent change to come on here after a bad loss and not read bile about how the manager must go!

We all know the problems with the squad - and it doesn't appear to have taken much time for Gannon to identify that as well. I appreciated some of his comments last night in that he has clearly sent the players a warning, and appears confident in his ability to replace them if needbe. I expect that his ability to deliver will be what he is judged on moving forward.

I have 1 slight reservation re Gannon in that I hope he can adapt his formations to suit the players we have whilst he takes the time to get the players capable of playing the formations he traditionally likes. Le Guen was not adaptable during his short stay in Glasgow, and paid the price.

Yes, freak results happen, and of course it will take time for the players to knit with the system. Youngsters aside, every one of our senior payers needs to have a hard look at themselves this morning - the bottom line is that they should have been good enough last night, and been able to keep something in reserve.

Somebody asked why we had 3 and 4 defenders back just to mark their number 9.

Because although not a particularly good player he was putting himself about, using his strength (and elbows) to good effect and generally causing the defence problems.

Now look at the other end of the park. What the F*** did Sutton do last night ??

Absolutely Hee Haw and not for the first time in his career at Well.

IMO he is a waste of a jersey.

All the people who moaned about Clarky's poor first touch and aimless running about should look at what we have up front now that he ain't here.

Jim Gannon has his work cut out but I'm sure that given time he will make us a better side and I still think we are good enough to get a result in Wales next week.

Mon the Dossers.

O'brien was pish!

Total gutless performance and there are absolutely no excuses for us losing to a part time football club!

Utter, utter shite.

In comparrison to everyone else? No way. He looked miles better/fitter than probably the majority of our team.

I think we've got to put last nights performance behind us and look forward to the game next week. With a week to go of training and hopefully a bounce match surely the players will be nearing full fitness. Gannon will have had 2 weeks to assess who is up for the job in Llanelli and hopefully will pick the right 11 to do the job. I am sure the fantastic travelling support that we will take down south will pump the players up for the game and hopefully send us to Albania in the second round.

In comparrison to everyone else? No way. He looked miles better/fitter than probably the majority of our team.

Worst man on the park IMO. Didn't think he looked fit, interested or able. He should have been getting stuck into that crowd, but his big feartie performance was a disgrace. A couple of nice flicks in the first 10 minutes was his only contribution. He'll need to come onto a game soon, or he'll be out the door. I hope he does, he seems to have the ability...hoping that last night was as bad as he gets.

What the fuck is with the stick O'Brien gets on this forum? It baffles me, hes easily our most skillful player and has probably been a clear candidate for man of the match in 75% of the games hes played for us.

What the fuck is with the stick O'Brien gets on this forum? It baffles me, hes easily our most skillful player and has probably been a clear candidate for man of the match in 75% of the games hes played for us.

My criticisms of him are based purely on last nights performance. The fact he is one of the more skillful players adds to the frustration!