1991 Programmes

well_nuts

Does anyone collect programmes from this year? I was sorting out some of my programmes as i am framing some that i have tickets for and i came a cross one from 4th may 1991 against rangers at fir park in the league. I was wondering if someone was collection them and did not have this one.

Would love that programme, was just before the cup final, we beat them 3-0 with Doooooogie scoring 2 near the end. We nearly cost them the league but they managed to beat Aberdeen the next week!!
Aye, total meltdown from Rangers that day. Their goal difference compared to Aberdeen's meant that even if they lost by 1, Aberdeen would have to beat them to win the league. When we went a goal up, instead of keeping things tight, Rangers piled everyone forward and we scored a second on the break. So, Rangers piled everyone forward again, and we scored on the break again.

That result meant their goal difference was now worse than Aberdeen's, so the Dons only needed a draw to win the title. Unfortunately, they blew it.

Aye, total meltdown from Rangers that day. Their goal difference compared to Aberdeen's meant that even if they lost by 1, Aberdeen would have to beat them to win the league. When we went a goal up, instead of keeping things tight, Rangers piled everyone forward and we scored a second on the break. So, Rangers piled everyone forward again, and we scored on the break again.

That result meant their goal difference was now worse than Aberdeen's, so the Dons only needed a draw to win the title. Unfortunately, they blew it.

I'm pretty sure that was the day that one of my mates was put through the Candy Box window! Carnage.

Actually that particular programme is worth a few quid because of its rarity.

It was our last home game of the season and there were only so many of the programme shells left - the text and photos got added in closer to the game.

Of course it turned out to be Rangers that we were playing who were going for the title and the little that were printed were sold out by something like quarter past two.

I was still collecting programmes in those days and missed out on the programme as well - but some similarly good eggs (Hello Margaret and Jack Leslie of the 'F' Section in the East Stand!) who very kindly gave me their copy.

Hope I haven't cost you an extra few quid now 4-3 :lol:

Didn't get one at the time but I got one on E-bay a couple of years ago for just a couple of quid, was absolutely delighted to get it.

Still can't beleive 3 of that team are no longer with us....

Absolutely. For any one of them to have died so young would have been shocking, but three !

And how come Rangers were given both ends and half of your East Stand ? Was there the same anger back then as surrounded the recent O.F. Cooper Stand policy ?

And how come Rangers were given both ends and half of your East Stand ? Was there the same anger back then as surrounded the recent O.F. Cooper Stand policy ?

That was the norm then trafficlight and was actually viewed as an achievement on our part to have all of the shed - well up to the segregation fence at least.

Only a couple of years earlier we had only half of that again with them encroaching in about half, of our half, if you see what I mean. :huh:

That was the last year of terracing under the shed mind you so it was a great way to go out. After that we had the whole of the East Stand as it is now so and prior to the Cooper and South Stands going up there was at least some consolation to be had when they visited on particularly wet and windy days :evilgrin:

I was lead to believe that Walters shot hit Robert Maxwell on the back of his heed. :evilgrin:

If you watch the video, you'll notice Maxi look to the left telling Watters which post to balloon the ball past! It was justice anyway, Huistra's a cheating wee bassa and that proved it.