1991 Programmes

well_nuts

Only a couple of years earlier we had only half of that again with them encroaching in about half, of our half, if you see what I mean. :evilgrin:

:huh: Feck me, how was that tolerated? May as well have let them designate it a home match and forced the 'Well fans to sit on the roof of the stand.

:evilgrin: Feck me, how was that tolerated? May as well have let them designate it a home match and forced the 'Well fans to sit on the roof of the stand.

Aye, and you used to have to run the gauntlet if you needed a piss or a pie.

Anyone remember a night game (I think) when one of the floodlight bulbs broke and showered the h**s below? Great to see them there when it was pissing down although travelling to Tynecastle around about that time was a nightmare for getting soaked also. Scottish Cup anyone?

Think this was the last time there was a near 20,000 crowd at FP.

Last game for the Shed, and I kissed my favourite barrier on the way out, with the seats being put in during the summer months.

Had almost forgotten how bias the TV editing was in those days :evilgrin:

:huh: Feck me, how was that tolerated? May as well have let them designate it a home match and forced the 'Well fans to sit on the roof of the stand.

I can remember being one of no more than 50 'Well fans in the terrace surrounded by over 25,000 Buns.

Mid 70's we're 2-0 nil up after 10 mins, then all hell breaks loose, they invade the pitch, OB puts us out (for our own safety), and when the game resumes the bastas in blue score 5 :evilgrin:

And folk ask me why I hate Rangers and Celtic so much.

not sure how much it was at Fir Park back then, 4 or 5 quid perhaps, but it was £7 for the cup-final 2 weeks later ............... an absolute bargain imho

Just checked and it was a fiver.

Think the game in 1978 when they invaded the pitch was 60p!

More expensive than Old Trafford was back then ! I would have been getting in for about £2.

How times have changed

To be fair, that '91 team was better value for money than anything Man U put on the pitch that season :lol:

;) Feck me, how was that tolerated? May as well have let them designate it a home match and forced the 'Well fans to sit on the roof of the stand.

Years of indifference by our board mate, take the money no matter who's paying. Took us year to get a decent level of segregation so we could enjoy the game in relative safety, one of the reasons why I was so against giving up the Cooper. Motherwell fans stayed away from OF games in droves rather than run the gauntlet of their fans, when we got proper segregation they attended and filled whatever section we had.

I remember back to the early 70's when i started going to The ark, we only got part of the main stand and enclosure (wee bit of terracing in front of the main stand that we don't use now). The ugly sisters got the remaining 3 sides!

Even at that there would be some of them in beside us!

I can remember being one of no more than 50 'Well fans in the terrace surrounded by over 25,000 Buns.

Mid 70's we're 2-0 nil up after 10 mins, then all hell breaks loose, they invade the pitch, OB puts us out (for our own safety), and when the game resumes the bastas in blue score 5 <_<

And folk ask me why I hate Rangers and Celtic so much.

I was in the enclosure that day and the atmosphere at half time and all through the second half was poisonous to say the least.

• 13 years later...