You'll Be Welcome To Albania!

Edvin

Cheers for that. On balance then, surely 'Well have a good chance against the sixth best team in Albania :rolleyes: ? Ok, Llanelli first leg means nothing can be taken for granted, but there must be a decent chance of progressing.

Would have thought that even though the Well have lost a few players this summer, they should at least avoid defeat this week. Assuming that is the case, then I would expect them to finish the job professionally back home.

But then, you have to turn up in Albania with the correct attitude.............

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flamurtari is not a very strong team. They were fighting until the last weeks not to get relegated from the league. As to how they beat KF Tirana in the finals I don't know but they were really lucky. There are also problems with fixed matches in Albania so that might have been a reason. Competing in a European league gets a lot of income for these clubs and exposure of the young players. Apart from their young goalkeeper and maybe Franc Veliu they don't really have players that kind of make a difference on the team. The thing is I don't really know how strong Motherwell is for me to compare the two teams.

Ok this guy doesnt really know anything whats he talking about, Flamurtari has always been a club thats produced talents, yes last season was a bit disappointing however this season we will be fighting for the league. With regards to our europian pedigree we played barcelona 4 times only losing once, and we are the team thats progressed the further in a european stage then any albanian team. I know scotish football quite well and guys u wouldnt be able to live up with our youngsters, they be superior technically and u be chasing shadows the entire game not a good thing at 36 degree heat. Names u should look out for are, Zeqiri right midifield, Begaj right back, Veliu center back, Ngjela center forward, alvish playmaker. U be happy if u leave vlora with 2-0 defeat.

I know scotish football quite well and guys u wouldnt be able to live up with our youngsters, they be superior technically and u be chasing shadows the entire game not a good thing at 36 degree heat. Names u should look out for are, Zeqiri right midifield, Begaj right back, Veliu center back, Ngjela center forward, alvish playmaker. U be happy if u leave vlora with 2-0 defeat.

Wow! So it isn't the doom and gloom for our Under 21's as first thought as they hammered Albania a couple of months ago. If a mid table Albania has excellent youngsters then the bigger clubs must have. Scotland is in good shape then, and that makes me happy... :notworthy:

Wow! So it isn't the doom and gloom for our Under 21's as first thought as they hammered Albania a couple of months ago. If a mid table Albania has excellent youngsters then the bigger clubs must have. Scotland is in good shape then, and that makes me happy... :notworthy:

Under 21 football is different to club football, plus in this game you wouldnt be able to call on the youngsters of celtic and rangers, i mean u only qualified for the competition by default or what they call it this day fair play.

The guy's just sticking up for his club for fuck sake, you dont have to be such a patronising c**t about it (although why change old habits eh?). Especially when he might well be right.

I'm not saying their a bad side but where the fuck are Albania in the world rankings. If their players are so good where are they?

I'll be VERY disappointed if we don't come back home with an away goal or 0-0.

I'm not saying their a bad side but where the fuck are Albania in the world rankings. If their players are so good where are they?

Yet again we talking about club football u seem to be confusing the two of them. i didnt not say albania were a better footballing nation then scotland, my point is that the scotish championship is not that stronger from the albanian rangers and celtic apart, if u goign to talk about international football u havent been that great if i am right u lost to macedonia 1-0

Well UEFA will be basing the draw for the Third Round on the fact we'll get through, but I'm sure they would have done the same when we played Mypa 47 or when Aberdeen played Bohemians :notworthy:

i mean u only qualified for the competition by default or what they call it this day fair play.

Very true we did only qualify because of Fair Play but then again, you can't compare qualfying for Europe by way of Albanian competitions to Scottish competitions. The fact you have said you know a lot about Scottish Football then mention how good your youngsters are compared to ours, when you can't possibly know that (despite one of ours, who some here think hasn't performed for Motherwell) ripping Albania U21's to shreds. Most Motherwell fans don't actually know (including me) how good our own youngsters really are.

Although you do have something right, the heat will be something most fans of Motherwell should be worried about with regards to getting any kind of result.

Under 21 football is different to club football, plus in this game you wouldnt be able to call on the youngsters of celtic and rangers, i mean u only qualified for the competition by default or what they call it this day fair play.

True we only qualified through fair play, will that be an excuse if we beat your team.

Plus their isn't alot of Rangers and Celtic youngsters in the under 21s. Alot of the players that beat Albania were playing with the likes of Dundee Utd, Falkirk etc. So that goes right out of the window.

Plus I feel Motherwell's young players are just as good if not better than yours. Fair enough if your team plays us off the park and gives us a hiding but if we nick a goal tomorrow then I think we will win the tie overall.

Don't know how anyone can really argue with Flamurtari, after all hands up who knows the Albanian League well? I remember Igli Tare at Lazio, wasn't prolific by any stretch or a regular, but was a big powerful guy who would have had a field day gainst our defenders. Running the risk of sounding stupid, I would imagine a lot f Albanian footballers don't differ in physique and stature to players like Tare, which could really present a problem for us at set-pieces.

I suppose when you look at things from their point of view, Motherwell, 7th in the SPL, shit for a lot of last season and only qualifying through the Fair Play award is a nice little draw.

From ours, them qualifying (luckily by all accounts) as cup winners and fighting relegation last season looks a nice draw as well.

We know as much about them as they do about us - but if we underestimate them we could be in for a very embarrassing result.

Would be happy with any draw, or maybe even a 2-1 defeat.

True we only qualified through fair play, will that be an excuse if we beat your team.

Plus their isn't alot of Rangers and Celtic youngsters in the under 21s. Alot of the players that beat Albania were playing with the likes of Dundee Utd, Falkirk etc. So that goes right out of the window.

Plus I feel Motherwell's young players are just as good if not better than yours. Fair enough if your team plays us off the park and gives us a hiding but if we nick a goal tomorrow then I think we will win the tie overall.

sorry mate i take it all back, scottich football is so great that ur biggest exports in recent years have been james mcfadden and darren fletcher

I suppose when you look at things from their point of view, Motherwell, 7th in the SPL, shit for a lot of last season and only qualifying through the Fair Play award is a nice little draw.

From ours, them qualifying (luckily by all accounts) as cup winners and fighting relegation last season looks a nice draw as well.

We know as much about them as they do about us - but if we underestimate them we could be in for a very embarrassing result.

Would be happy with any draw, or maybe even a 2-1 defeat.

I mean can things get more embarrassing then loosing to Llaneli a bunch of part timers? and Flamurtari were never under any threat to be relegated we just negelected a few games to concentrate our efforts in the cup, once the cup was in the bag we won the last 4.

Mate, Carlos Queiroz and the rest of the Portugal squad would have you committed for that statement.

Underestimate them at your peril.

sorry mate i take it all back, scottich football is so great that ur biggest exports in recent years have been james mcfadden and darren fletcher

Is this going to turn into a pissing contest as to who have had the better exports? How do you want to decide? Transfer Fees Paid for said players in their history?

I've got a pretty bad feeling about tomorrow and I feel that we will really toil against them tbh. The heat will be a real killer and until we actually see their team in action we can't comment or be confident at all. Just because we managed to get past a pub team doesn't mean anything this early in the season we are still a team in major flux at the moment and we still can't (as a previous poster has mentioned) defend a set piece to save ourselves. Has anyone forgotten how bad Fraser looks in goal as well.

Hope I'm wrong but as the Albanian dude mentions I think that we will be doing well to get them back here only a couple of goals behind.

lol with some of the comments in here.

truth be told Flamurtari are a young team. Nonetheless very talented. Hence the part where you guys play very physical. Would a physical game be of favor to your team in 36 degrees C? I personally doubt it. But in the return leg it would be very beneficial.

As far as the rankings are concerned;(alb_ctr) is speaking is mind. nothing wrong with that.

rankings do have some input on the team strength's estimate but they're not conclusive, especially if they're from last season. The team did not perform well through out the season thus the low ranking, but a team with 18yr old players and constantly changing formation can't survive the whole season, but these guys did and also won the Cup.

What i'm trying to say is that your away game will be hard and with out the support of the fans i'm thinking a 2-0 loss for Motherwell F.C.

If you could pull off the same score as the game with Llanelli on the second leg, more power to your team and club.

There will be followers at the return leg. the most probable ones would be the ones that live in London or the surrounding area/countries.

I knew of Motherwell before because a friend of mine who lives inDetroit, Michigan hails from Scotland. I believe his father was born and raised there, so whenever i need to know anything about SPL we talk about the clubs in the league. I'm no expert by any means, and the same stands for him, but talking about it and watching the league games (rarely) gives me a better idea.

Good luck to you tomorrow!