You'll Be Welcome To Albania!

Edvin

I mean can things get more embarrassing then loosing to Llaneli a bunch of part timers? and Flamurtari were never under any threat to be relegated we just negelected a few games to concentrate our efforts in the cup, once the cup was in the bag we won the last 4.

But we hammered Llanelli the week later so thats not even a valid point. And what would've happened if you lost those last four games?

Possibly relegated then having to sell your best assets. You wouldn't be so confident if that had happened either.

Mate, Carlos Queiroz and the rest of the Portugal squad would have you committed for that statement.

Underestimate them at your peril.

I never said we underestimated them did I? Fair play that the national side nearly got a draw with Portugal but as Flamurtari said, its not about national teams.

Its about what happens tomorrow and next Thursday. I'm under no illusions that it'll be a hard tie over the two legs but I think we will do whats required. Doesn't matter if we play crap or not, if we get through thats all that matters.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cut the Albanians some slack, i bet everyone who makes the away leg will have a great time in Vlore and a good tan......lucky cants!!!!

The Llanelli fans came onto this site with kind and generous greetings but a few of theirs have came on thinking their bloody Brazil and that we'll be lucky to get anything. I'm not going to cut them any slack if their not going to do the same.

The Llanelli fans came onto this site with kind and generous greetings but a few of theirs have came on thinking their bloody Brazil and that we'll be lucky to get anything. I'm not going to cut them any slack if their not going to do the same.

Maybe the Albanians don't suffer from moaningitis like the majority of our fans do - they might suffer from overhypeitis....am here aww week

But we hammered Llanelli the week later so thats not even a valid point. And what would've happened if you lost those last four games?

Possibly relegated then having to sell your best assets. You wouldn't be so confident if that had happened either.

I never said we underestimated them did I? Fair play that the national side nearly got a draw with Portugal but as Flamurtari said, its not about national teams.

Its about what happens tomorrow and next Thursday. I'm under no illusions that it'll be a hard tie over the two legs but I think we will do whats required. Doesn't matter if we play crap or not, if we get through thats all that matters.

They did - they drew 0-0 in Lisbon despite playing over half the game with 10 men. And it was only a horrific error in injury time that stopped them achieving a draw in Tirana.

The point is that Flamurtari will be well organised tomorrow. Throw in that they are an unknown quantity for Motherwell, that the conditions will favour them, and that Motherwell's journey has not been an ideal preparation for the game, then it becomes clear that a positive result (which I obviously hope you get) will be a major achievement, all told.

im hoping really the well show your boys up tomorrow and excede the albanians expectations. i really do think we can nick a goal considering john sutton just got two in llanelli and hes always bound to get one when his confidence is high. as for the weather lets hope its snowing when they come over here :ph34r:

They did - they drew 0-0 in Lisbon despite playing over half the game with 10 men. And it was only a horrific error in injury time that stopped them achieving a draw in Tirana.

The point is that Flamurtari will be well organised tomorrow. Throw in that they are an unknown quantity for Motherwell, that the conditions will favour them, and that Motherwell's journey has not been an ideal preparation for the game, then it becomes clear that a positive result (which I obviously hope you get) will be a major achievement, all told.

Fair enough mate I didn't think you had played them away yet.

I've not had any doubt that they'll be organised and I think that the heat will maybe be a factor in the latter stages of the game with fatigue etc. As I said earlier I'd happily take a defeat with an away goal or 0-0. Aslong as we're not out before the home leg that suits me.

I reckon we'll lose tomorrow, regardless of how good or bad this team are.

In Macedonia, there was absolutely no chance of a Scotland win because of the heat that day. I expect the same sort of situation tomorrow.

A defeat by one goal, or a defeat by two goals with a 'Well away goal, will be a superb result in my opinion.

A draw would be great, and a win would be absolutely fantastic.

I'll predict a 2-1 win for Flamurtari, which would be very good result for us.

If your team has any experience in the international competitions, then you'll do fine. i'm not saying you're guaranteed a qualification, but it's not going to be a thrashing.

Personally i believe it'll be very close on both games. You guys get to play teams like, the Celtics and the Rangers; who does Vlora have to play. And that also means more exposure to better soccer.

I understand that Motherwell also has a lot of young players in their team, does that make us better or you? Still comes down to experience and exposure!

I believe it'll come down to who wants it the most. There's a lot of pressure on the Albanian players but because they're young they either don't understand the importance of it or they'll make use of it and overcome.

Do you guys think your players want to qualify as bad? Or at least win both games as bad?

I reckon we'll lose tomorrow, regardless of how good or bad this team are.

In Macedonia, there was absolutely no chance of a Scotland win because of the heat that day. I expect the same sort of situation tomorrow.

i'd say that the tactical genius of george burley played a part in that as well. telling your strikers to take it easy for half the game isn't the best gameplan.

i'd say that the tactical genius of george burley played a part in that as well. telling your strikers to take it easy for half the game isn't the best gameplan.

Maybe so, but on the morning of the game we were talking about the match and everyone agreed that there was absolutely no chance of a team of Scotsman winning in that weather, and it proved to be the case. I'm expecting more of the same tomorrow, and I hope Mark Reynolds has packed his factor 50.

I can't really comment on the first half though (if that's the half of game you're talking about) as I didnae get through the shocking turnstyles til the 30 minute mark!

Tomorrow I think we'll be very much cagey and play for a draw, there's no other way, unless we find out in the first 15 minutes that they are rank and attack a bit. A 1-0 or 2-1 defeat would be tremendous, anythinng better than that, at this point in time, would be fantastic.

im hoping really the well show your boys up tomorrow and excede the albanians expectations. i really do think we can nick a goal considering john sutton just got two in llanelli and hes always bound to get one when his confidence is high. as for the weather lets hope its snowing when they come over here <_<

The weather would be a key factor for both teams, maybe it favours us slightly. I think the 5, 30 kick off its too early and hope they delay it until 6 as today it was scorching at that time. And it will affect the quality of the game

Hardly any Albanian internationals play at home in Albania and Vlore have no current international players.

Also this idea that Mediterranean people can run around playing football in 90 degrees is a myth, its hot for them too which is why 'only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun'!

The game will probably be played at a slow pace.

One other point, I hope Motherwell have learned the lesson that in European football an away goal is invaluable. Too many Scottish teams have gone out on away goals because they have sat back and tried to get a 0-1 or a 0-0 and thought that was a good result, its not. When playing an away tie, first and foremost, you should be looking to get that away goal, then you worry about winning, drawing or losing.

Hardly any Albanian internationals play at home in Albania and Vlore have no current international players.

However most of the albanian international players started their careers at Flamurtari. i think u be that impressed u will probably want to buy a few of those, opps sorry i forgot u cant afford it since u on the brink of going into administration

However most of the albanian international players started their careers at Flamurtari. i think u be that impressed u will probably want to buy a few of those, opps sorry i forgot u cant afford it since u on the brink of going into administration

I thought you knew about Scottish Football. I never knew you knew more than everyone else <_>