Flamaturi V Motherwell

jonnymfc

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only saw the second half, but I'm confident we can win the tie next week. I didnt think we played too badly given the players aren't used to playing in such heat.

On another note, the BBC match report said the teams hotel was three hours travel from the stadium- surely that can't be right?

On another note, the BBC match report said the teams hotel was three hours travel from the stadium- surely that can't be right?

leann dempster said on here that they were staying in tirana. obviously wanting a guaranteed quality international hotel rather than chancing it in the sticks.

i don't think it matters anyway. the rhyll town team came straight off an eight hour bus journey and pumped us 3-1.

Both of us Sutton's penalty's were terrible as he was lucky for the keeper to go the wrong way for his first one. Sutton at fault for the goal, lost his man and pretty much sleeping. Guy's an absolute donkey.

Obviously it would've been really hard for the players to compete in such a climate but i thought we done well. Slane was good again, maybe didn't track back enough but he can only work on this.

Referee was a disgrace and actually made the likes of McDonald, Brines etc look decent!

Both of us Sutton's penalty's were terrible as he was lucky for the keeper to go the wrong way for his first one. Sutton at fault for the goal, lost his man and pretty much sleeping. Guy's an absolute donkey.

Think that's pretty harsh! How can you say a penalty that hit the back of the net was a bad penalty? What more would you want? Then it was a case of "do i hit it the same way"..

Also John is here and says you can't talk about anyone hitting bad penalties, remember yours against airdrie fans ?

and you are also bitter cause John Sutton cost you a fiver.

I was wondering that too , I've always advocated corners as an opportunity to get the ball in the box and get right on top of the defenders, I noticed Fraser tends to roll the ball out from goal more often than he kicks it out .

you always give the option of the short corner because at worst you have pulled two defenders out of the box. if o'brien and hammell come out for the corner, then the other team should react by hammells marker coming across and also their front post marker, leaving then exposed, so u whip the ball in. if only 1 player comes over then your left with a 2 on 1 at the corner, so u take it short, make an angle and either drive into the box or deliver from the better angle. Simple really, atleast thats what every half decent team in scotland is taught.

As for the goal kicks, why would you want to punt the ball and give your team a 50/50 chance of winning the header, in our case its more like a 90/10 to the other team, surely its more sensible to retain possesion and build from the back???

i dont know about you, but i get frustrated when i see my team just punting and hoping for the best, and taking corners without much thought. but thats just me.

Didn't see the game but going by the comments on the site we seem to have had lots of posession without having much of a cutting edge. Despite that we still hit the bar and had a penalty though ultimately missed. Sounds positive surely? 2-0 well in Airdrie?

Ref seems to have been a plonker with the bookings.

Slone had a good game. How was Forbes Craigs and fitzy? Lasley play any better than the first leg with llanelli?

Any particular guys who caused us problems from their side?

1-0 is a concerning result, how we could rue that penalty miss. Didn't see what we got it for but the retake was a joke decision.

Think we well capable of taking them but they did look dangerous on a few occasions. I hope we get a similar start to what we got against the Welsh but reckon it is going to be nip and tuck.

I think with the penalty the ref was making up for his mistake of giving it in the first place but two wrongs don't make a right.

Its going to be tough I feel. If they score we need 3 and again or defending of set plays was poor so a goal for them is more than possible. I fear that the away goal could be a Scottish teams undoing again. Hope I am just being overly pessimistic.

I said in the other thread I thought the boys put in a very decent shift out there but I just realised we are now in the EXACT same position as we were half way through the Nancy tie.

If the boys bottle it in the first 10 minutes it could all be over. Again.

Then again, we might be 2-0 up in 25 minutes like last Thursday!! They would still only need a goal though....

I thought it was a decent performance in hellish temperatures.

Slane looked good again, O'Brien kept running into his man & the keeper looked a wee bit shakey again.

We tried to pass them off the park like the first leg against Llanelli but without troubling their goal. We need out-&-out strikers (who can actually score goals!!)

I said in the other thread I thought the boys put in a very decent shift out there but I just realised we are now in the EXACT same position as we were half way through the Nancy tie.

If the boys bottle it in the first 10 minutes it could all be over. Again.

Then again, we might be 2-0 up in 25 minutes like last Thursday!! They would still only need a goal though....

I agree but I don't think this mob are anywhere near as dangerous as Nancy. We are well capable of beating them or at least scoring at our patch and the amount of criticism for the sake of criticism on here is absolute pish.

It looked to me like a typical Scottish away performance in Europe. Try not to lose a goal and think if you've got away with 0-0, and you've got a great result. And as we all know, if the opposition scores first at home what is 0-1 effectively becomes 0-3.

Motherwell had chances in the palm of their hand tonight. Both headers that hit the bar should have been scored (one for each side). And, let' be realistic, a penalty should be buried even if it is twice taken.

The defending for the goal was criminal, though. A poor throw-in from the home side, followed by a hoof back inside...... AAAARRGGHH.

Flamurtari have the advantage and have pace to burn, so the first goal next week will go a long way to deciding who goes through.

I only saw the second half, but I'm confident we can win the tie next week. I didnt think we played too badly given the players aren't used to playing in such heat.

Yes it is.

Team stayed at the Sheraton in Tirana which is 3 hours drive from Vlore

It looked to me like a typical Scottish away performance in Europe. Try not to lose a goal and think if you've got away with 0-0, and you've got a great result. And as we all know, if the opposition scores first at home what is 0-1 effectively becomes 0-3.

Motherwell had chances in the palm of their hand tonight. Both headers that hit the bar should have been scored (one for each side). And, let' be realistic, a penalty should be buried even if it is twice taken.

The defending for the goal was criminal, though. A poor throw-in from the home side, followed by a hoof back inside...... AAAARRGGHH.

Flamurtari have the advantage and have pace to burn, so the first goal next week will go a long way to deciding who goes through.

Now that is a sensible assessment of the game and next weeks as well :P

Dont really know much about what happened in Albania but concerned about reports that our new keeper was dodgy again i have to say i haven't been impressed by him so far. By the way when we sign a new centre half methinks Reynolds will go to left back and Hammell into left mid. Watch this space. New keeper required also. :O . Still think we can take them in the 2nd leg. :P .

Dont really know much about what happened in Albania but concerned about reports that our new keeper was dodgy again i have to say i haven't been impressed by him so far. By the way when we sign a new centre half methinks Reynolds will go to left back and Hammell into left mid. Watch this space. New keeper required also. :O . Still think we can take them in the 2nd leg. :P .

The keeper had nothing to do with it. He was fine.

He is absolutely entitled to the security of protection from those in front of him. And if Sutton is a numpty who totally switches off at a defensive throw in, then........................