Why Motherwell

liviwell

Strange thread I know but here goes anyway...

I moved up to Scotland a few years back and im introducing my boys who are 6 and 4 to football, i was going to take them to livingston but that place is like a circus and will be gone before long..

my mum claimed to be a well fan but i have never been

All i can say is we are a good team, who do the best with the resources we have i.e. Youth and free agents.

Our team is a feeder team. You will get your change at Motherwell and move on to bigger clubs.

ie

Chris Porter to Derby

Ross McCormack to Cardiff and Paul Quinn

Steven Pearson to Celtic

James McFadden to Everton

David Clarkson to Bristol City

the list goes on

Also the International scene we have had Clarkson, McCormack, Pearson all playing for the National team

and Reynolds for the u21s and involved in the set up.

All i can say is we are a good team, who do the best with the resources we have i.e. Youth and free agents.

Our team is a feeder team. You will get your change at Motherwell and move on to bigger clubs.

ie

Chris Porter to Derby

Ross McCormack to Cardiff and Paul Quinn

Steven Pearson to Celtic

James McFadden to Everton

David Clarkson to Bristol City

the list goes on

Also the International scene we have had Clarkson, McCormack, Pearson all playing for the National team

and Reynolds for the u21s and involved in the set up.

cheers mate

To be honest I don't think anyone can talk you into supporting a particular team.

Just follow your instincts and you will almost instantly build an affection for the club in question.

This is true, you dont pick your team- they pick you.

I was brought up as a celtic fan for my first 5 years then my uncle took me to see 2 motherwell games over 2 weeks.

0-0 against Hibs and 3-0 gubbing of Dundee.

As much as i can remember from my early years i cannot remember chearing as much as i did at Fir Park that day.

Some visits at Fir Park made me a Motherwell fan too. Also I think its a great thing to give young PLayers the chance to get First Team experients, as Motherwell does.

It is always great seeing Motherwell play, even if I havent got the chance to see them very often.

Best team in the world - simple as - oh and the best colours. Red, Green, Blue........all boring.

Plenty of Well fans head through from the East and we even have an East of Scotland Motherwell supporters club that has been going for the past 14 years.

Why there is even a small village outside Edinburgh called Winchburgh that has as many as 4 Well fans including I believe 2 new season ticket holders that used to go and watch Livingston.

You know it makes sense :rolleyes:

the answer to ur question why motherwell? thats easy cause we are the best and its like a rollercoaster ride supporting the well there are good times and bad times but i wouldnt change it for the world the only team for me my wife and son is the mighty well . we bring through players sell them on but the team tries there best and we may not have the biggest financial clout in scotland but can cause shocks. and when we reach a final of a cup the day is tremendus and hampden park is a sea of claret and amber no better sight than this hope this helps :woop::thumbup:

liviwell, have you considered introducing your boys to Manchester United ? We're not a big team like Motherwell, but every now and then we have a wee cup run to cheer us up. We need the support more than the mighty 'Well. Don't become just another glory hunter :huh:

That's a good idea Manchester United need all the support they can get, coming from the poor half of the City it would be a charitable act to support Manchester's paupers. You know it makes sense.

That's a good idea Manchester United need all the support they can get, coming from the poor half of the City it would be a charitable act to support the Manchester's paupers. You know it makes sense.

We may be paupers but we have a team spirit. One day we'll be bigger than City. :huh:

We may be paupers but we have a team spirit. One day we'll be bigger than City. B-)

All us Mancs can but dream that one day we will be as important as shitty B-)

Seriously take a trip to FP at the start of the season enjoy the experience and then make your mind up. No doubt you will make the correct choice B-)

To be honest mate there is no way any of us could tell you to support Motherwell. What I would recommend is get yerself a Family Ticket for our Europa League game on Thursday Night. No better way really as to see if Motherwell is "your thing" than a European Game. Of course, you'll need to remember the games in Airdrie but hey that's just a small problem.

Motherwell is the team you want. I agree that the team picks you, not you pick the team. My dad took me to my first Well game when I was under a year old and I have been hooked since. Rangers and Celtic are a no go as there is too much sectarianism for young boys. Motherwell are a family club and the Well fans are very welcoming and loyal from what I have seen in my 15 years as a fan. Motherwell have ups and downs but when you have the ups such as winning a cup, it is ten times sweeter with Motherwell than it is with the Old Firm.

Not sure where you live mate, perhaps it's West Lothian, ( I used to live in Ladywell then Uphall before heading into the capital). However, if you and your kids want to follow guaranteed success then head to Ibrox and/or Parkhead. However, if you wish to share the passions, (the lows and the highs), of the rollercoaster ride that is following an underdog get your family along to Fir Park.

It isn't always pretty. It isn't always fun ............... but every jack one of us who goes thru that turnstyle is part of the Fir Park family.

It isn't always pretty. It isn't always fun ............... but every jack one of us who goes thru that turnstyle is part of the Fir Park family.

What he said.

Can I also welcome you up north. Hope you become a well fan, even if not we would still have a pint with you and point out where the team you did pick are gash. Please though don't go for the old firm. It has been done to death about all the sectarian stuff but even after that. a more insecure bunch you will not meet. Even a bit of banter will end up being taken seriously. Every slight is remembered every occasion where it is not a win must mean you are in league with the dark side of the force. It messes with your mojo.

Of course that being said Airdrie and Hamilton are no goes either :nod: