Jim Gannon, So Far.

NEMO

Not being a smart arse but if youre going to be negative at least read the thread. ;)

8/1 WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT EVEN IM A HAPPY CLAPPER FOR THE DAY <_< soz shouting

Why on earth would I be negative about my fellow London Irishman? He's a superb manager and was my No1 pick to succeed McGhee, and I was saying this many weeks before he was appointed, probably before he was being interviewed by Hibs.

But style-wise, he is different to McGhee, not necessarily worse or better - there are more than one way to get to a desitination. It's an interesting difference, Gannon prefers to keep his distance, McGhee generally tends to cultivate a closer relationship with his players.

Tactics wise, we need to see them play similar standard teams to judge really how different they are, if at all. The Welsh and Albanians I dion't think have given us much to go on so far, in my view.

I heard that the dressing room is very unsettled due to his comments in regards to the time before him (style, training etc) and the way he approaches the expirienced players. Looks like not everyone is happy with him...

I'd believe that based on what i know about Jim. He's got his own funny ways, especially with dealing with players. It's funny you mentioned the experienced ones because he wouldn't sign any with us. Many said it was because he can't deal with them, i wonder if it's true?

He fell out with plenty of players at Stockport and eventually shipped them out. Like i said on here a few weeks back - if he doesn't feel he's getting 100% or doesn't feel the player fits in then they're history....no matter who they are.

Jim was a funny one as a player (10 years with us) and he's certainly a funny one as a manager. Jim is Jim and he will not change for anybody.

Glad to see that he's getting some positive feedback from you all already though.

i thought he was taking a big,big gamble when i heard he wasnt playing hammell and lasley when we were 1-0 down from the first leg but it seemed to have played off.

Jim Gannon's a Legend :blush:woop.gif

It's funny reading comments like that. There was so many times when he had us all scratching our heads with his selections and tactics but it then paid off. It was almost a regular occurance.

I've been mulling this over and think that JG might be on the verge of being Motherwells next Bobby Ancell. When you consider his attitude to encouraging young talent it is a similar trait. When you take account of the talent that was reared through that era, Sinjy, Joe McBride, Martis, Aitken, Hunter (before my time however listening to the stories fae my dear old departed faither) we may just be on the cusp of a revisit to that era.

Then again this is the 'well and we could end up having a pish poor shitey season or six :P .

Hope not though ;)

Too many of the experienced players have been coasting for the last two years knowing that their place in the team was secure regardless of their form. The team which played last night didn't look in any way unsettled. If the "big time Charlies" don't like it, they know where the door is.

And in any event, Gannon is 100% correct in what he is saying.

Stuart.

I agree with that. Certain players may have expected to play every game and because of that, they didn't have to give 100%. No one, regardless of who they are, who does not give their all for the shirt can and will sit on the bench or go elsewhere.

I feel a wee bi smug cos like London Irish Mr Gannon was my pick to replace McgHEE and for me the only concern i have is the POSSIBLE future trouble with officialdom for critising refs. Love the way he tells it like it is and really hope he around for long time to come. ;)

JG definitely takes a different approach to MM. Part of that is personality but I think also part is probably his age. Early 40s is big difference from 50s in how the older players might perceive the manager. MM was more of an (elder) statesman to all players. JG not so much with the likes of Hammell, Lasley and Craigan - definitely a different dynamic and something both sides have to work through.

A bit too early to say anyone should be leaving just yet.