Jim Gannon, So Far.

NEMO

Ok this thread is a bit early and people will still be on a high after last night, but i just wanted to say what a breath of fresh air Gannon is. I know its early on but i like his style so much more than mutley, i don't want to knock mutley too much thank you for what you did BUT Gannon is by far better in so many ways.

Hes not a media darling and says it how it is.

Hes willing to change at 6/0 up he wanted more (remember the St Midden game when we were screaming for change)

He applaud the fans :lol:

Not afraid to tell seasoned pros they acted like a traffic cone.

Not afraid of change either.

What i think im trying to say is i trust him more than MMG as he says how he sees it, its a lot easier to trust that type of manager.

The futures bright the futures Claret and Amber.

It will be a long season but he has my support already and most of all my trust. I like what i see already, whether results go our way or not this is how i want us to play.

It has been an excellent start by JG because of all the reasons mentioned above. The only slight concern I have is his treatment of the more experienced players. I am not saying it is wrong, just that it may backfire.

I watched Laslay, McGarry and Hammall warming up at the corner flag in the first 5-10 mins of last nights game. JOB was having a torrid first 10 mins and I sensed (may be paranoid or totally wrong) that there was a bit of whispering and almost piss taking going on from our jilted three. Also watching the body language between Gannon and Craigan it looks less than warm. That is all fine if like last night everything goes well but I hope he does not completly alienate these players as they may be needed when things are not going so well.

Having said that he was right to drop all three as I think Hammell and Laslay particularly have been coasting a bit recently. It must be a tough balancing act.

Overall though I have been really impressed and love the way he 'goes about his business'.

Too many of the experienced players have been coasting for the last two years knowing that their place in the team was secure regardless of their form. The team which played last night didn't look in any way unsettled. If the "big time Charlies" don't like it, they know where the door is.

And in any event, Gannon is 100% correct in what he is saying.

Stuart.

100% ESWF, so far, he's shown his improvement on the team from game to game and it has been vast. In but 3 weeks we've gone from losing 1-0 to Welsh part time side to defeating an Albanian side with a decent, at least on a par with us, European Pedigree 8-1.

In Gannon we Trust.

I heard that the dressing room is very unsettled due to his comments in regards to the time before him (style, training etc) and the way he approaches the expirienced players. Looks like not everyone is happy with him...

If that is the case then well done JG.

To many who free wheeled their way through the last regime and thought that they would be automatic picks after the departures will have had their erses booted. Hopefully they will react the right way and knuckle down.

Thanx for moving.

Have to agree with sentiments posted on here.

For too long certain players have taken there starting place for granted. Gannon says we have a coach able lot and if they dont like it then just go elsewhere.

Mc Garry wont miss him

Hammell love this guy and he clearly loves the club i hope the kick up the arse does him good i really want to see him the way he was with us first time around.

Graigan this wont be popular but i think hes had his day please please prove me wrong But how easily did a through ball penatrate us last night by lets face it an average team.

Gannon to me reminds me of Souness as much as i dislike that man i loved his winning attitude,Gannon has that rather than being the players pal.

So what if he ruffles feathers and egos as i said "this is how i want us to play every week".

On a side not was sitting next to a guy last night who has something to do with fir park and was rather cadgey but seemed to know his stuff, said we were putting a 6ft plus white guy through his medical on wed. May be nowt but we certainally need height esp at corners, fraser :D

I heard that the dressing room is very unsettled due to his comments in regards to the time before him (style, training etc) and the way he approaches the expirienced players. Looks like not everyone is happy with him...

I always love this 'losing the dressing room' pish that circulates in football. So called 'professionals' taking the huff because they've been criticised, either publicly or in private.

What a bunch of pussies. Most folk would expect to be criticised if they've put in a shite shift, but not footy players. I personally welcome the fact that Gannon doesn't hide the fact he's no best pleased... It's then up to the individual / team to get the finger out and improve. Rather than throw the dummy out.

If they canny handle it they should fuck off and join the millions of folk that canny get any fuckin job.

Oh, and this isnae a go at Mic OR the Well players... Just fitba players in general. Naw, wait, it fuckin is and if they urnae happy they can fuck off tae. :lol:

If the "big time Charlies" don't like it, they know where the door is.

Please make sure the door disny hit yer erses on the way oot :lol:

Bit harsh??

I wouldnt judge anyone as a "big time charlie" without having good evidence of it. These more experienced players in my opinion have been loyal to the club and i dont think from where i can see that they have lacked effort for Motherwell, so by being dropped for a game or 2 might be new to them but i firmly believe everytime they are needed they will give 100% without any fuss.

I always love this 'losing the dressing room' pish that circulates in football. So called 'professionals' taking the huff because they've been criticised, either publicly or in private.

What a bunch of pussies. Most folk would expect to be criticised if they've put in a shite shift, but not footy players. I personally welcome the fact that Gannon doesn't hide the fact he's no best pleased... It's then up to the individual / team to get the finger out and improve. Rather than throw the dummy out.

If they canny handle it they should fuck off and join the millions of folk that canny get any fuckin job.

Oh, and this isnae a go at Mic OR the Well players... Just fitba players in general. Naw, wait, it fuckin is and if they urnae happy they can fuck off tae. :lol:

You need the read propperly! No one said about loosing the dressing room! I for myself never said if its a good aor bad thing, think time will tell. You could argue results speak for JG and surely I like the happenings so far, but its way too early.

I f the "older" players wake up its even better...

You need the read propperly! No one said about loosing the dressing room! I for myself never said if its a good aor bad thing, think time will tell. You could argue results speak for JG and surely I like the happenings so far, but its way too early.

I f the "older" players wake up its even better...

You need to spell properly :lol:

Was having a pop at football in general. Footballers appear to find it very difficult to accept criticisim. I'm trying to say that criticisim is surely part and parcel of any job when done badly?

Anyhoos... 'mon Gannons Cannons.

I was very impressed with the game and deserved more. Although we could have conceded more.

Fraser was shocking, Craigan wasnt too hot either and i would criticise these two in particular for the goal.

I would have liked to see the Polish keeper play the second half as we were 6 nil up. Hes been with us 1 year and a year to go and not had game time.

I saw him warm up at HT and i was rather impressed, he looked confident and wanted to play.

Anyone agree?

How well did the young lads play last night. Wooo!

I like the way Jim Gannon conducts himself, as he at least puts across the impression that the is proud to be our manager.

McGhee did a great job of taking Malpas' squad and showing the difference a good manager makes, but Gannon doesn't have the benefit of inheriting a full squad, so it will be interesting to see how things play out once he has brought in all the new guys. He has the chance to put his own team together, and he has chosen not to accept last years leftovers as the core of our team.

Players like Lasley, Craigan and Hammell have been around MFC for a long time, and I think they are probably quite comfortable here. I don't think for a minute that they are unprofessional, but I think that it is now important to see who is prepared to step up to the challenge and put the work in to get their place back.

It was also interesting seeing so many coaches on the pitch during the warm up. Did these guys all come up here with Gannon?

Ok this thread is a bit early and people will still be on a high after last night, but i just wanted to say what a breath of fresh air Gannon is. I know its early on but i like his style so much more than mutley

In fact his style is much more abrasive than McGhee's and that will cause us problems from time to time. But the end will justify the means. But laughable to talk about what he's acheived here so far, we might have some clue by October/November time maybe.

I wouldn't say it's "laughable" to talk about what he's achieved. He inherited a squad which had lost at least 8 first-team regulars and was pitched into a European match in his first week. Once he got to work he turned the tie around, bad luck cost us in Albania and last night we witnessed one of the most electrifying performances with a line-up none of us expected. Compare that with a mere three weeks ago - ok, it's still early days but the signs so far are highly encouraging, and he has achieved a lot in a short time, giving young players such a prominent place in his plans deserves immense credit alone.

Stuart.

In fact his style is much more abrasive than McGhee's and that will cause us problems from time to time. But the end will justify the means. But laughable to talk about what he's acheived here so far, we might have some clue by October/November time maybe.

Read the headline it says SO FAR as in his styleand tactics ( no one mentioned what hes achieved). Theres always 1 :lol: