Out of Favour?

mark_gard

If Paul Slane doesn't turn into the next McFadden but instead is the next Jim O'Brien, I hope the fans cut him more slack than they have cut Fitzpatrick...

In almost 40 years watching football I haven't seen a young Scot who has excited me more than Slane. He has the potential to be much better than Faddy, a bit of careful management by JG and this boy could be a regular by the start of next season. If he is still with us by the time he reaches 22 I will be very surprised.

The problem i have with Fiztpatrick is he rushes everything. The ball comes to him and he wants rid of it as quickly as possible.

Forbes looks like he has been in there for years. he is composed on the ball and looks around for a pass. His load spell with Dumbarton has done a lot more for him than win him a championship medal. fingers crossed we can get him signed to a long term deal.

Lee

I know gannon like's to attack with pace from the wings so i think Fitz might find it hard to get back into the side as a left sided midfielder. With the emergence of slane and forbes he may have played his last game in claret and amber. I liked the boy tho always thought he was a decent player.

I think like some others Marc Fitzpatrick is an under rated player and as everne knows has contributed to the teams success in the past and i dont just mean the Hearts semi.

As Melvyn said someone has to do the dirty jobs , along the same lines i dont want to get the lynch mob out but S Hammell needs to learn to tackle.

The problem i have with Fiztpatrick is he rushes everything. The ball comes to him and he wants rid of it as quickly as possible.

Forbes looks like he has been in there for years. he is composed on the ball and looks around for a pass. His load spell with Dumbarton has done a lot more for him than win him a championship medal. fingers crossed we can get him signed to a long term deal.

Lee

I think it's pretty obvious and unfortunate that Fitzy has been affected by hawf the east and cooper stands as well as the opposition midfield breathing down his neck.

Like a few he plays better away from home. For me thats a sad indictment of us.

I wish him nothing but the best - no matter what happens.

Many were like Forbes when they came into the team, Fitzy included - it's just that unfathomable thing about whether they develop into a darling like Lasley or a boo boy target like Fitzy that I canny get ma napper round

In almost 40 years watching football I haven't seen a young Scot who has excited me more than Slane. He has the potential to be much better than Faddy, a bit of careful management by JG and this boy could be a regular by the start of next season. If he is still with us by the time he reaches 22 I will be very surprised.

looks like he could be a regular starter this season if he stays away from injury

Just had an interesting conversation with a guy who came into the shop this morning ...he is a Dundee supporter and was at their game yesterday in the CIS cup .

He asked me what Hammell was like as a player ??

I asked him why he was asking that ..his reply was .."he was told at the game , we are buying him , as he is surplus to requirements at Motherwell " ...

interesting stuff ..

Actually, those are not Gannon's words. The journalistic legend that is Neil Cameron added his own take on the progress since Gannon arrived between quotes.

For what it's worth I think Hammell is part of Jim's plans.

Stuart.

neil cameron bought me a drink in munich airport on the way to albania,i like him ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Yesterday's newsletter - are they still going? I used to get them last season but haven't had one for months.

Aye mate. I stopped getting them for a few weeks during pre-season, but I doubt there was too much to report at the time. Started getting them in again for the last 2 or 3 weeks now.