St. Johnstone @ Mcdairmid

Steve Diggle

We usually take a good crowd away to the first game of the season when we're on the road. i was just wondering if anyone had heard whether it would be all ticket when we play Cosgroves Codgers?

I'm away from Thursday this week so need to get plans in place to get hold of a brief should it be a ticket job.

I was in the ticket office yesterday. I asked them if they had tickets to the St Johnstone game but she said she didnt and she would phone them through the week. So i get the impression that you just pay at the gate. Being St Johnstones first home game of the spl i think the stadium will be pretty full.

To be honest man i expect most clubs to have a similar pricing structure to that this season :P

I was just hoping that they'd maybe reduce the prices for their first few home games to try and get off to a good start.

And i'm sure we'l all get in! Nae need to panic, everyone who wants to see the game will do.

Stole the words out my mouth mate!

Seems to be word for word what I post everytime a "ticket scramble" comes up!

No 'Well fan will be knocked back due to a full ground!

And does anyone know if concessions include students too? I know it says under 16s and over 65s but was just double checking.....

and full whack is steep for 60-64 year olds. Well got pilloried for introducing this. Not a peep on here so far about it though.

Just under 2000 should be enough, but they have the wee overflow bit at the end of their main stand too if necessary, think that holds 5-600 so we will be fine.

Mind you, the cup tie there in 2004 saw many folk late in and then (eventually!) moved to the main, A bit of crushing if I recall so here's hoping the Perth stewards are ready this time!

Just under 2000 should be enough, but they have the wee overflow bit at the end of their main stand too if necessary, think that holds 5-600 so we will be fine.

Mind you, the cup tie there in 2004 saw many folk late in and then (eventually!) moved to the main, A bit of crushing if I recall so here's hoping the Perth stewards are ready this time!

We arrived late at 2004 game and didn't get in, despite the fact that stand opposite ours was empty. Tried to get into main stand but were told it was for home supporters only. :)

Don't think we'll take anywhere near that amount anyway.

It doesn't - Super J's don't do student concessions!

'Flow

I hope Motherwell offer the same when they come visiting. It grates me to see our fans treated poorly at away grounds yet Motherwell offer the other teams discounts when they come to visit Fir Park. The moral high ground means fuck all in the SPL and even less when its our fans who get fleeced.

I know football is to expensive and students are retting a raw deal here but I think, at £20 standard entry, St. Johnstone will probably be the cheapest away ground this season (apart from an occassional one-off price reduction).

Still don't think we'll fill our stand for a league game though. Let's face it, there's a lot of people come out of the woodwork for cup away days.