Murphy To Accies ?

Guest DaviDoOOO

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been spoken about in the In's and Outs thread. I'm sure I heard it was £100K but it may be just paper talk. Don't think we can really afford to offload anyone else that is in JG's plans for the coming season. Still hopeful that we'll add to the squad before the deadline.

I wonder what the club value Murphy at, at the moment? 200K is my guess. They might accept a bid from Accies if there is one or two strikers lined up which Gannon thinks has more potential or more the finished article and are perhaps on freebies or loan deals?

Always nice to get cash in and sign a better player at the same time! :lol:

It gets worse...

Careful this little bit of news doesn't split your sides, but I can exclusively reveal Accies offered just £40,000 for Murphy!!!

However, I'm reliably informed they were told in no uncertain terms to add at least one zero to that figure.

Source?! :lol:

In all seriousness though, I'd be very surprised if he was to see Accies as a career improving move.

They'll never off £400,000 but that sort of fee would be difficult to turn down you'd imagine........

Hes scored 4 goals already this season, albeit against lesser sides but hes still had to put the ball in the net. No chance he'll be goin to Hamilton. They get all that money for McCarthy then make a joke of themselves by making derisory offers for Arfield and Murphy.

unless any of you work at the club how do you know if there has/hasn't been a bid for Murphy?

Maybe one of us works in an admin department that is responsible for processing the paperwork involved in such a bid?

Or maybe one of us is Billy Reid's lovechild?

Accies seem to be chancing their luck. Falkirk laughed off their bid for Arfield who said he wasn't interested in going there. By the sounds of things we've done similar.

Accies held out to get as much as possible for their best youngster and then expect other clubs to sell their prized assets on the cheap.