Murphy To Accies ?

Guest DaviDoOOO

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Frazzle.

Yes there was indeed an faxed offer from Accies for Jamie. I can also confirm that Accies tried to buy three other players.

Over and out,

Fanny

So you said that there definitely wasnt a bid for Murphy, Frazzle said there was and now you agree with him you call him a fanny? :(

There has been no bids from any club for Jamie Murphy.

@Frazzle.

Yes there was indeed an faxed offer from Accies for Jamie. I can also confirm that Accies tried to buy three other players.

Over and out,

Fanny

You could get a job with the Daily Record with lazy journalism like that.

@Frazzle.

Over and out,

Fanny

So you said that there definitely wasnt a bid for Murphy, Frazzle said there was and now you agree with him you call him a fanny? :huh:

To be fair I thought he was just signing his post "fanny", similar to what Frazzle does. Low self-esteem with that yin.. :P

The much fabled fax actually read:

FAO Motherwell Football Club

As you are aware we have recently sold our left-back Brian Easton to Burnley and require a replacement. Please could you advise on the current whereabouts of Danny Murphy and do you think that £40,000 would be a fair estimate of his value?

Kind Regards

Your neighbours across the river

I was calling myself a fanny (copyright Big Stall I think) for being misinformed in the first place. Hope that clarifies my exceptionally poor English.

Fax was received, offer was below £100k, and I believe that Motherwell didn't even respond.

Accies also bid £100k for Arfield of Falkirk, another bid for a SPL midfielder and bid for a First Division defender / midfielder.

Motherwell boss Jim Gannon refused to be drawn on speculation linking Jamie Murphy with a move to SPL rivals Hamilton.

He said: "At this point we wouldn't comment on anything like that. Jamie Murphy is very much part of our plans for the future.

"He is a fantastic young player and I think over the course of this year you'll see a player who is going to grow and grow into a top-class Scottish player."

"He is a fantastic young player and I think over the course of this year you'll see a player who is going to grow and grow into a top-class Scottish player."

Let's hope so. Really excited to see the opportunities that the young guys are about to get.

Does anyone thing that JG hasn't signed a new striker because he sees a great deal of potential in Murphy, Archdeacon and McHugh that he fully intends to develop this season?