Steaua 2nd Leg Highlights...

CoF

Wouldn't say it was a soft penalty. we had a great view of it from the second row and directly in front of us. JOB clipped the boys heel in the box, and he went down. Penalty, plain and simple. we would have been screaming for it if it had been against us.

The ref last night gave Wullie Young, Brines and McCurry a run for their money. A truly shocking display. Still can't believe we played so well and didn't even get a draw.

I hear Gordon Smith was in the stand last night? Perhaps he'll do his job and submit a complaint on begalf of the SFA to UEFA about the standard of the referee? Oh wait, will he f......

i was at the game last night and i hope the referee has watched the game back and is now hanging himself in shame spannish tosser, it really could have been stuff of dreams coming true as a little penalty for us and they would really have shat it. but if anyone wasn`t a jim gannon fan before last night i think they will be now.

in gannon we trust

There pen was a stonewaller. Reynolds got turned to easily and O'Brien was to rash trying to get in to cover and caught the lad.

Eurosport highlights weren't great for showing our pen claims. The 2nd handball looked more convincing of the handball ones, thought the first definately hit the boys hand but was protecting face(still seen them given though) where as second think he flyly blocked effort with hand at side. However it wasn't a match turning incident at this point. Liked to have better look at Sutton tugging one, if it one eurosport seemed to show it was nothing in it, from posts on here I assumed it was another incident.

that deliberate hand ball when the keeper was well out was so obvious, and it looked like the o'brien penalty wasn't intentional. i tried not to get wound up last night about what happened but seeing the highlights has pushed me over the top lol

very frustrating

that deliberate hand ball when the keeper was well out was so obvious, and it looked like the o'brien penalty wasn't intentional. i tried not to get wound up last night about what happened but seeing the highlights has pushed me over the top lol

very frustrating

Their penalty was right in front of me and unfortunately the ref was correct although I've not watched the highlights yet. It doesn't matter if O'Brien's challenge was intentional or not - if he fouls him it's a penalty. That's what you get playing a winger at that position - I'd be more tempted to look at Renold's half-hearted attempt at the corner flag where he didn't get close enough to him.

I think the penalty was a perfect demonstration of how to win one. The lad put himself in a position where there would be contact and very few European refs will not give it. Our penalty shouts would have been given by many other referees but not this one I am afraid. I thought that Stancu's goal was a humdinger last night but watching the highlights it is even better than that no goalkeeper could have got to that. I thought that their goalkeeper looked dodgy but this shows he had a few good saves even though he was a bit lucky where the ball ended up. All in all we played well and didn't deserve to lose on the night. With this team the future looks bright.............

Highlights sum up the game pretty well - we dominate the game, create plenty of chances, but they score three and we only get the one!

Stonewall penalty for them IMO. O'Brien showed his lack of defensive experience by trying to get back into position without thinking about the attacker going across him. A natural right back would probably not have given away that penalty.

Cracking strike by wee Forbes, and what a goal for Stancu - no keeper on earth was saving that.

Stonewall penalty for them IMO. O'Brien showed his lack of defensive experience by trying to get back into position without thinking about the attacker going across him. A natural right back would probably not have given away that penalty.

I think 2 out of 5 referees would have booked Stancu for diving. Like I wrote in some other thread, he was surrounded by amber shirts when he charged towards the box - no way he could've gone past them all. I think all he wanted to do was reach the edge of the box, make some contact and get a penalty.

2-1 for you would have been a fair score and no one in the Steaua camp could've said otherwise.

I think 2 out of 5 referees would have booked Stancu for diving. Like I wrote in some other thread, he was surrounded by amber shirts when he charged towards the box - no way he could've gone past them all. I think all he wanted to do was reach the edge of the box, make some contact and get a penalty.

2-1 for you would have been a fair score and no one in the Steaua camp could've said otherwise.

Kind words Somes

Was pleased we readdressed a lot of the issues from the 1st game when we were well turned over by a very good team, but we showed last night that we can compete against teams of Steaus's quality - no doubt the better team has progressed to the next round, but we certainly didn't deserve to lose last night.

The lesson to take away from last night is to be as clinical as Steaua were when they did get the opportunities.

I'm not going to make rash predictions for the season ahead other than say, if we play some football we showed last night, we won't be that far off the mark

MON RA DOSSERS