Spl Highlights

gunn

Forbes goal was absolutely top drawer, no question he meant it.

O'brien was really unlucky with his effort at the end.

Murphy - 10 out of 10 for effort with trying to recreat the hand of god :lol:

Ruddy - bombscare at that attempted clearance!

Deuchar - cheers big man, so glad you're shite! :lol:

Can only echo that to be honest, sums it up prefectly :lol:

What a finish from Forbes, keep 'em coming <_<

Hollywood comes to Perth indeed :lol:

The rule was brought in to stop players antagonising opposing fans which is fair enough but the killjoys somehow managed to hijack it and it seems players can't celebrate at all now. Some refs need to grow a set and tell their superiors how it is on the ground, stopping folk from enjoying themselves is not supposed to be their remit.

Can't blame the ref for booking Hutchinson. The law is a stupid one but it is a law. It's down to the authorities to change the law.

I actually thought McDonald was lenient on Murphy. Shouldn't deliberately hand ball into the net be a sending off offense? If a defender prevented a goal by deliberate hand ball he'd be sent off without question.

As for Forbes. Week 1, goal of the season. You simply will not see a better strike than that.

Is it a law though? I understood refs interpretations had more to do with it. I don't know the actual wording so if someone cna provide that we can see if the ref has any leeway at all or if he's just being a jobsworth.

Sent off would have been very harsh on Jamie, no such law on that one I'm sure.

Suppose I better agree with your last point so you don't think I'm getting at ye :(

LAW 12 – FOULS AND MISCONDUCT LAW 12 – FOULS AND MISCONDUCT

Handling the ball

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with his hand or arm. The referee must take the following into consideration:

• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)

• the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)

• the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an infringement

• touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard etc.) counts as an infringement

• hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard etc.) counts as an infringement

Disciplinary sanctions

There are circumstances when a caution for unsporting behaviour is required when a player deliberately handles the ball, e.g. when a player:

• deliberately and blatantly handles the ball to prevent an opponent gaining possession

attempts to score a goal by deliberately handling the ball

A player is sent off, however, if he prevents a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball. This punishment arises not from the act of the player deliberately handling the ball but from the unacceptable and unfair intervention that prevented a goal being scored.

I'm not being overly critical here but i noticed watching the game again that a poor pass out of defence by O'Brien led up to the first saints goal, and Murphy with plenty time to get the ball out the box hit it straight to the St Johnstone player and that was number two. And finally I know Ruddy didn't have a good game on Saturday and a few have mentioned his fiasco at the edge of the box when only bad finishing by Deuchars let us of the hook ,but it all came about by Hutch trying and failing to dribble past there player. Slack play loses games, keep it tight Motherwell.

Why does the club not let us know the games on Alba, as i would have watched it, thus boosting ratings?

Pathetic missing a free game on the telly. I mean we got a club e-mail last week.

they did post notice on the official site

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?op...&Itemid=136

shame you missed that notice and the 20 or so mentions on here prior to it

The rule was brought in to stop players antagonising opposing fans which is fair enough but the killjoys somehow managed to hijack it and it seems players can't celebrate at all now. Some refs need to grow a set and tell their superiors how it is on the ground, stopping folk from enjoying themselves is not supposed to be their remit.

:wallbash:

Yes they can. They just have to not jump into the crowd when celebrating! I have no idea how you can say that it seems like players aren't allowed to celebrate their goals.

SPL highlights on Sky Sports there, just half an hours worth.

Been toying with getting ESPN for a couple of hours now but refusing to untill they put SPL highlights on. I actually liked the exposure we got on Setanta, Inside the SPL on a Friday before you went out was a decent way to spend an hour I thought, as was the full SPL. ESPN seem to be doing the bare minimum and charging us the same. No Old Firm games and a chance we wont see the 'Well on it at all as they only have 30 games.

It is getting dingied.

Been toying with getting ESPN for a couple of hours now but refusing to untill they put SPL highlights on. I actually liked the exposure we got on Setanta, Inside the SPL on a Friday before you went out was a decent way to spend an hour I thought, as was the full SPL. ESPN seem to be doing the bare minimum and charging us the same. No Old Firm games and a chance we wont see the 'Well on it at all as they only have 30 games.

It is getting dingied.

They're showing the all the weekend highlights before the Utd V Hearts game tonight mate :mad:

It is getting dingied.

You can get them on the net anyway so don't get ESPN and still watch the games if you wish. ATDHE.net never fails when the games are on the box.

You can get them on the net anyway so don't get ESPN and still watch the games if you wish. ATDHE.net never fails when the games are on the box.

My sentiments exactly. Were the highlights on $ky longer than the ones appearing on the BBC website?

It was a half hour programme on Sky. We got about three minutes worth probably. Showed the four goals, Deuchar's blaze over the bar and O'Brien's shot off the post, if I recall correctly.

Was decent enough. No analysis or managerial interviews. Better than nothing, I suppose.