9. Tom Hateley & John Sutton 13pts

10. Stevie Hammell 12pts

11. Paul Slane & Shaun Hutchinson 11pts

12. Ross Forbes 10pts

13. Yassin Moutaouakil & Keith Lasley 7pts

14. Chris Humphrey & Michael Fraser 4pts

Player_of_the_Year.xml

• 8 months later...

All votes now counted and Steve Jennings is your Steelmen Online Man of the Match award winner for 2009'10.

Voting as you may remember was 3pts for a win, 2pts for 2nd place and 1pt for 3rd place.

There was no consistent point winner throughout the whole season with players collecting lots of their points in spells of fine form. Jenno for example won most of his points on the back of several outstanding displays in the early part of this year.

If anyone's sufficiently interested attached is the record who got the points for each game.

Roll on July for next year's fun and games!

Fairly surprised at the results and don't know if they reflect the season well. I would have thought the two Mr consistents in Hateley and Sutton would be higher than Murphy, Jennings, Coke and Saunders as they weren't as consistent throughout the season.

Fairly surprised at the results and don't know if they reflect the season well. I would have thought the two Mr consistents in Hateley and Sutton would be higher than Murphy, Jennings, Coke and Saunders as they weren't as consistent throughout the season.

A case of those guys being consistent but the other guys having a couple of outstanding games where they played better than Hateley and Sutton that got them the votes, perhaps, even though Hateley and Sutton were steadier and more dependable throughout the year.

Just a thought.

I think if you asked everyone to vote for POTY on a 1,2 and 3 point system the results would be different, as you would take consistency into account, but doing it this way is interesting to see the results. I genuinely couldn't pick a POTY this season, but I don't grudge Jennings the award one bit.

I seem to remember if McShovelface's first season noting that Chris Porter was way, way down the list. Sometimes you suffer for a consistent level of performance when it comes to this kind of vote. I suspect Sutton and Hately suffered the same this year (although Hately's performances have really tailed off...)

I seem to remember if McShovelface's first season noting that Chris Porter was way, way down the list. Sometimes you suffer for a consistent level of performance when it comes to this kind of vote. I suspect Sutton and Hately suffered the same this year (although Hately's performances have really tailed off...)

Being utter pish for the first three months won't have helped Porter either, right enough...