Home Crowd

Welldaft Mk1

Interesting to see Gannons comments with regards to the Motherwell support. He certainly seems to appreciate us. Wait till we play St johnstone on a cold wet Tuesday night at Fir Park................. :D

So far he has seen a noisy and large following at Llanelli and at St Johnstone. He probably thinks this is the norm. I sincerely hope that we get a decent home crowd tomorrow for many reasons. Firstly it is the 1st home game in what seems like ages, but also he has got such a passion and although we are bound to have some hiccups along the way - I do think that we will see some entertaining football at Fir Park this season.

Just a shame that we cannot add 1-2000 on the home gate throughout the season.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the atmosphere at fir park is pretty dire , apart from the mad end , usually pretty good at away games

I agree it is dire at times but there is no better place to be than in the East Stand when we are playing good exciting stuff and winning games and the atmosphere spreads throughout the full stand. Hopefully there will be a lot of it this season and hopefully we can add a number of extra fans too.

People in glass houses and all that.

I seem to remember our club also had a similar issue at around the same time, but thankfully the tabloid obsession with the OF actually worked in our favour for once and we didn't get too much column inches to shame our club like they did.

Personally I think it's cringeworthy criticising another club for exactly the same thing issue as ours had. Would we taunt another club about being skint and being in Admin? Of course not - so why sing about child molesting when celtic visit...

Especially when there are better things to taunt them about...

I seem to remember our club also had a similar issue at around the same time, but thankfully the tabloid obsession with the OF actually worked in our favour for once and we didn't get too much column inches to shame our club like they did.

Personally I think it's cringeworthy criticising another club for exactly the same thing issue as ours had. Would we taunt another club about being skint and being in Admin? Of course not - so why sing about child molesting when celtic visit...

Personally I'd taunt Livingstone because at least we learned our lesson :notworthy:

Your trying to tell me that Motherwell had a problem with coaches being paedophiles? :notworthy:

Your trying to tell me that Motherwell had a problem with coaches being paedophiles?

Unfortunately in the case of one individual yes. Can't remember full details, not swept under the carpert as it was with a rather large fellow at the San Giro, hence, why opposition fans probably haven't found cause to taunt. Unsavoury character had his court case and findings making the tabloids.

Unfortunately in the case of one individual yes. Can't remember full details, not swept under the carpert as it was with a rather large fellow at the San Giro, hence, why opposition fans probably haven't found cause to taunt. Unsavoury character had his court case and findings making the tabloids.

And making it public on t'internet means it won't be long before someone makes the connection

It might not have been that busy but it was fucking brilliant in there today, there seems to be a really strong bond with the players in the fans for the first time in a long time. How much does Shaun Hutchison love the well?! Legend.

No offence big yin, I'm not out to disagree with you but I thought Killie brought more than they ever usually do. 2/3 of the bottom tier I thought was reasonably good. Considering they usually get papped in the Main their that bad at times.