Aberdeen V Motherwell

WellTiliDie

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Group of us getting into Aberdeen station about 1 and then probably head up to the Bon Accord golf club as per, cheapiosh drink, they don't mind you dumping your cargo etc and right next to the ground, if you're stuck for something to do, feel free to come get us at the station, we're also not leaving til about half seven, so plenty time to hang about after the game if you need it.

I remember being there few seasons back when the wee choochter guy called McQ a "Chockalaat..." Quality patter wi they guys(!)

To quote Kevin Kegan: "I would love it if we beat them. Love it!"

If you offered me 10th spot in the league right now, but we finish above Aberdeen I'd bite your hand off.

As has been mentioned, these young guys will be fired up to prove McGhee was wrong to overlook them and I think/hope that will edge it for us. I don't really know what to make of McGhee's sheepies yet having only played Celtic and Hamilton - Celtic are my tips for the title and Hamilton face a relegation scrap with Falkirk in my eyes - so it's hard to judge.

Would keep the same team as Saturday, maybe replace Hateley with Jennings or Lasley for some extra bite in the midfield and use Humphreys and Slane as impact players.

Gannon will be well aware that a win on Sat will mean a huge deal to the fans, and for that reason I'm tipping us for a 2-1.

No idea what the team or formation will be. Gannon might have some specific ideas in place like he did with Hutch marking Kyle at the weekend.

If we hit top form we have a great chance of winning, but I won't be too disappointed with a point.

I don't think Slane could do a job up front on his tod. His best strengths are skinning the fuck out of people and his delivery ain't too bad either. I reckon Sutton & Baby Fitzpatrick will be up top again.

aye i meant slane on wing and murphy up on his own. was just too lazy to type it

I fancy 3-1 to us. Aberdeen will be tough to beat up there but I think we now have the bit between our teeth. Their defence will not be able to cope with our attack.

I think Gannon should stick with the same team and use Slane if we're chasing the game.

Would keep the same team as Saturday, maybe replace Hateley with Jennings or Lasley for some extra bite in the midfield and use Humphreys and Slane as impact players.

:thumbup: Surely you jest? He's been a firm favourite of mine, but, I've never seen him add any extra bite in our midfield. Ever. Hateley and then Jennings coasted against the cloggers that bulk Kilmarnocks midfield, they'll sail through Aberdeen.

I was an advocate of unchanging a winning side, but, these times have changed. It clearly shows why Mr Gannon holds the only UEFA pro licence in Scotland and like the breath of fresh air he has been will tailor the side to suit this match, if that fails, he'll make the necessary changes... For me? I'd love to turn this lot over, but, happy to continue the league campaign unbeaten.

I think to try and second guess Gannon is a thankless task. I just hope that the other managers in the SPL find it as difficult as we seem to. I don't think anyone saw Saunders coming back in at right back on Saturday and Hately moving to the holding role.

I think when we do see his line up, it might become clear where he thinks Aberdeen's strengths lie. If he decides that Mulgrew has to be shut down, I'll be fascinated to see what he does. Does he play someone with more defensive qualities in order to track him - maybe Hately at right midfield? Or does he play someone like Slane out there, someone with pace that'll force Mulgrew to think twice about bombing forward for fear of leaving a gap to be exploited? I honestly don't know, Gannon is fascinating and hard to read.

As for how the game will pan out? I fear we'll lose. Not for any other reason that whenever Well fans get this hyped up for a game, whenever we get so desperate to win a game, experience tells me to prepare for a let down. Can't see how or why we should be fearing Aberdeen or why we couldn't get a result but as the old phrase goes, I have a bad feeling about this...

As for how the game will pan out? I fear we'll lose. Not for any other reason that whenever Well fans get this hyped up for a game, whenever we get so desperate to win a game, experience tells me to prepare for a let down. Can't see how or why we should be fearing Aberdeen or why we couldn't get a result but as the old phrase goes, I have a bad feeling about this...

I think the fact Aberdeen have only won 3 of the last 11 games at Pittodrie against us also means we should worry... we've been too good up there for a while now.

I think the fact Aberdeen have only won 3 of the last 11 games at Pittodrie against us also means we should worry... we've been too good up there for a while now.

Thats just gamblers fallacy.

From the 2 games i've seen so far Aberdeen shouldn't worry us.

At worst it will be a score draw as our biggest problem is still the high balls but i don't think the sheepies should trouble us on any other part of the field

Is it just me, or are less folk making the trip than I would have imagined.

Seems to have been a lack of chat about going up there.

As for the game, geting one over McGhee in our first clash at Pittodrie would be just too good to be true.

I'm therefore going to predict a 2nil defeat.

If we win however, either with a last minute winner or 3nil masterclass, I'll die a happy man.

Jim Gannon's Motherwell Army!

No real surprise when you consider the travelling the support have done in the last 2 months as well as the 3 home European ties which were an expense on top of season tickets. True it might be another biggy when you consider the circumstances but I think a lot of people will see this as one they can afford to miss. Add that to the fact that it's near the end of the month and everyone is skint.

As for the game, geting one over McGhee in our first clash at Pittodrie would be just too good to be true.

I'm therefore going to predict a 2nil defeat.

If we win however, either with a last minute winner or 3nil masterclass, I'll die a happy man.

Jim Gannon's Motherwell Army!

Can't wait to go, this match jumped out the fixture list when it was published, and we have played well enough to warrant getting excited about the game. Used to enjoy going up to Aberdeen but I haven't been recently. There are at least 2 of us going up from Fife and I hope that come Saturday at least 2 more will join us. Well, are you up for it guys....? :lol:

Really looking forward to this one. Not going as I can't afford it but as someone else said, in a Kevin Keegan stylie, I would absolutely love us to win up there on Saturday.

McGhee will spout his usual shite win lose or draw and I feel after this weekend our hatred for him will reach new heights! Lets hope his pechant for bottling it in crunch games happens again on Saturday.

I don't have a clue what the score will be. We look pretty good and Aberdeen don't. I wouldn't really be surprised with a win, a loss, or a draw really. I feel our players, especially the younder guys who McGhee and his bitch continually over looked, will be really fired up for it.

If we avoid defeat I would consider that a great result.