Aberdeen V Motherwell

WellTiliDie

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where was the Hutchison injury reported? The Beeb only has:

"Motherwell will make a late decision on the fitness of winger Paul Slane and Chris Humphrey may also miss the match. Steven Hammell should overcome a muscle injury while on-loan Everton striker Lukas Jutkiewicz could make a debut. "

Not that I take the Beeb to be definitive.

Sheepymeh fans are going OTT re their win last week, but are deluded if they think it's the start of a "new era" given how gash Accies really are. I'm more confident of tomorrow with an astute tactician in charge than I would've been a year ago.....

Sheepymeh fans are going OTT re their win last week, but are deluded if they think it's the start of a "new era" given how gash Accies really are. I'm more confident of tomorrow with an astute tactician in charge than I would've been a year ago.....

Did they not see what we did to the last team that beat Accies 3-0... :nod:

From spotinglife.com:

Jim Gannon has begun moves to secure the long-term futures of the youngsters who have lit up the start of his Motherwell reign.

Midfielder Ross Forbes, 20, has scored five goals after Gannon handed him his debut last month while Shaun Hutchinson, Steven Saunders and Paul Slane have also become regulars.

Their form is sure to have alerted other clubs and Gannon is keen to tie them to longer deals.

The Motherwell manager said: "The likes of young Slaney, Ross Forbes, Hutchinson, even young Saunders and Bob McHugh are all players we feel are going to play a big part in the future of this club.

"We are constantly looking at the situation of making sure they are here for the long term.

"That process started several weeks ago and will continue, but we don't want to distract the players from just enjoying the game and performing well for the team on Saturday."

Only Jamie Murphy from Gannon's young contingent was a regular under previous boss Mark McGhee, whose Aberdeen team Motherwell face on Saturday.

But the Well manager has urged his players to forget who is in the home dugout during the Clydesdale Bank Premier League clash at Pittodrie.

"I think players understand why they weren't included last year - they were still young, they were still learning, there was quite a deep squad of senior players who were ahead of them," Gannon said.

"I'm sure they showed glimpses of their potential last year but the opportunity didn't arise.

"I don't think they will be going into this game with any concern about proving anybody wrong.

"As I always say to people in life and in football, you should never set about trying to prove people wrong who doubt you, you should try to prove people right who believe in you.

"I believe in them and I just want them to go out and perform, for us, for themselves and for Motherwell Football Club."

Gannon's faith in youth has sidelined experienced players such as Keith Lasley, Steven McGarry and Marc Fitzpatrick.

Some Well players have attracted interest ahead of Tuesday's transfer deadline but Gannon only anticipates one change to his squad - a new right-back coming in.

"I've had some tentative enquiries regarding players going out and I've had a few players coming to me wanting to know where they stand," Gannon said.

"I've been dead honest with both the clubs and the players about the situation.

"If it's a good opportunity for Motherwell and a good opportunity for the player then I will certainly consider it, but at the moment I don't see any activity in terms of players going out.

"But I know how things can work and in the next four or five days we could have some strange goings-on.

"If that's the case and we lose one or two then we will certainly be in a rush to add one or two."

"I don't think they will be going into this game with any concern about proving anybody wrong.

"As I always say to people in life and in football, you should never set about trying to prove people wrong who doubt you, you should try to prove people right who believe in you.

"I believe in them and I just want them to go out and perform, for us, for themselves and for Motherwell Football Club."

So refreshing. Top man!

I'll be Manchester this afternoon and hopefully underboyleheating has got enough credit in his mobile to keep me up to date on the score :rolleyes:

As for the result, I hope we hump them off the park and McGhee walks down the tunnel with the sheep shaggers boos ringing in his ears

COME ON YE WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I would wait until Today before posting a prediction as I have been split all week. One half of me thinks that the former manager syndrome will work agianst us and the other half thinks it will work for us as the players will have something to prove, especially the youngsters.

In the end I am edging towards it working for us. I think it will be a see-saw day and won't be surprised if we fall behind a couple of time but the grit and determination that we showed in the St Johnstone game will shine through and i think we will come away with a 4-2 victory with a couple each from Murphy and Sutton.

By the way I think if there is a penalty today then we must be on course for the record amount of penalties in one season involving our games. Flamurtari twice, Steaua twice and last week that is 5 already this season.