Signing #6

Guest 'Flow

what expectations can you possibly have about a 20 year old striker who hasn't played 90 minutes or scored a goal for two years and who was chased out of his previous two loan clubs?

he was unlucky not to score on a couple of occasions on tuesday and looked far more mobile than sutton so if it's to be one up on saturday i'd pick lukas.

He is a £1 million striker signed with Everton so I think that brings some expectation. After all David Moyes is no mug.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First things first - i don't think anybody is defending the guy against "failed to impress" type comments. If that were the case folk would let that go.

The comments folk are responding to are that Lukas for some bewildering reason has been written off. That he's 'rubbish', he's 'shit', 'he'll never do'.

Maybe these guys forget are are too young to remember some of the really disheartening times we've had watching sides that have got us relegated in the past. When there was probably a justification for the vein busting tirades that are going on.

My money's on Jim Gannon and Davie Moyes being closer to being right than the East Stand Strictly Come Dancing Judging Panel.

We're unbeaten domestically and we still feel a need to air our negativity and vent our anger at a 20 year old player that the manager has obvious faith in.

Like I say some of you watch too much of Real Madrid and Man Utd on the telly.

First things first - i don't think anybody is defending the guy against "failed to impress" type comments. If that were the case folk would let that go.

The comments folk are responding to are that Lukas for some bewildering reason has been written off. That he's 'rubbish', he's 'shit', 'he'll never do'.

Maybe these guys forget are are too young to remember some of the really disheartening times we've had watching sides that have got us relegated in the past. When there was probably a justification for the vein busting tirades that are going on.

My money's on Jim Gannon and Davie Moyes being closer to being right than the East Stand Strictly Come Dancing Judging Panel.

We're unbeaten domestically and we still feel a need to air our negativity and vent our anger at a 20 year old player that the manager has obvious faith in.

Like I say some of you watch too much of Real Madrid and Man Utd on the telly.

Bang on Mr Diggle completely bang on :P I like the look of the boy and you can see that there is a lot of talent there. Mind you these are the same characters who were having a go at Hammell. Keep the faith brothers keep the faith ;)

You know what, Big Lucas reminds me of Kyle Lafferty at Rangers! Was by no means prolific down in England, but was highly rated. Had a slow start to his Rangers career, and everyone was righting him off, but I bet if you asked a Rangers fan now they would love it if he was fit and back in their first team. He certainly started to score and contribute a lot to the team. Lucas will come on to a game for us, just you wait and see!

Remember, Clarky had a couple of stinking seasons where he couldn't score for toffee, and was a major target for the boo boys.........incedentaly the same people who were then up in arms when we sold him on for decent money when he had started to play well. Fickle old bunch are Well supporters!

It's early days but Lucas doesn't look like he's capable of replacing Porter, Clarky or even Sheridan in the goal scoring stakes. With a bit of coaching he may improve but I tend to think when it comes to goal scoring you've either got it or you haven't. I hope Lucas proves me wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like he could be coming onto his game now which is exactly what we need by the looks of it. Saw glances of potential over the last few weeks and he got us 3 points against Falkirk and a point today. Sounds like he was in the right place at the right time for his first and created something from nothing for his second, absolutely ideal.

El Grew Oct 4 2009 Post No. 130273

I personally like Jutkiewicz. From the little first team action he's had I've liked what I've seen so far. He has good physical presence, strong in the air and likes to take the ball into his feet and lay it off for others. He's the type of player that can do well in the SPL. Last week against Hibs he was played wide right (why, you'd need to ask the manager) and he showed some nice touches but was clearly out of position.

Also, Jim Gannon said that the lad's fitness or rather lack of it, surprised him and that they were working to get him up to full match fitness. We need to give the lad a chance to settle. After all he's come to a 'foreign' country with a different style of play to perhaps what he's been used to and yesterday was his first full 90 minutes and he scored the only goal of the game which turned out to be the winner.

Great to see the big lad scoring two cracking goals today.

always puts in a shift up front, and is usually played in a loan striker role.

however, his first coulple of games, he seemed to put in the effort but lacked the end result.. a goal.

but over the past few weeks he has been playin well, and todayy he put in a shift and a half, absolutly worked his socks off, and payed off in the end.

hopefully he is coming on to a bit of form now.

however, my main concern is that i just hope he doesnt hit peak form as its time for him to head back south, hopefully we can get something sorted to tie him up untill the end of the season at least.

well done todayy lucas !!!

The big man is playing well the now and i dont see why we shouldnt sign him.

2.5 years without a goal now hes got 3 in 3 matches.

I remember mcghee saying porter needed to toughen up to suit the scottish game so i think the same is happening with the duke.