£10 And £5

Guest 'Flow

take it easy mate youve got to curb your enthusiasm for the motherwell game :P

That's pretty good my friend. Pretty, pretty good. I'm sure my beloved aunt would have agreed with you.

£10 for the footy or use the Big Yin ticket I've already spent thirty notes on. Hmmm. I think I know what I'll do. I'll get my faither to text me the score :doh:

I dont want to overly criticise the club in what they are doing as I completely understand the reasoning behind why they have priced this game as such and fair play to them and all that but....

As a season ticket holder I'm a little bit disgruntled at this, another feeling that ST holders are getting a raw deal as the 1 free Cup game we are getting is only worth £10, petty complaint yes I know but just my immediate and gut reaction....... is there maybe not something we can get out of this to boost the crowd like ST holders can bring a friend for free or is this getting saved for another game.

As I said before the crucifying mob come on and slaughter me, not having a major dig just indicating my slight displeasure.

There is no guarantee you will get a cup game on the season ticket due to them being drawn so therefore you buy the season ticket and hope we get a home draw otherwise that is worthless - therefore I see the cup voucher as a bonus given with it as the league games are what a ST is all about. Therefore as far as I am concerned they can charge non season ticket holders what they like.

On a side note I assume we have to split the gate with ICT on this therefore only paying them half of £10 per ST stub as opposed to £15 could well be ingenious on our part.

On a side note I assume we have to split the gate with ICT on this therefore only paying them half of £10 per ST stub as opposed to £15 could well be ingenious on our part.

Thats correct Tweed. ICT will be due 33% of the gate including money from season tickets. MFC was always going to make a financial loss on this game, but by cutting prices this will be minimised.

I dont want to overly criticise the club in what they are doing as I completely understand the reasoning behind why they have priced this game as such and fair play to them and all that but....

As a season ticket holder I'm a little bit disgruntled at this, another feeling that ST holders are getting a raw deal as the 1 free Cup game we are getting is only worth £10, petty complaint yes I know but just my immediate and gut reaction....... is there maybe not something we can get out of this to boost the crowd like ST holders can bring a friend for free or is this getting saved for another game.

As I said before the crucifying mob come on and slaughter me, not having a major dig just indicating my slight displeasure.

I too am a ST holder and personally I couldn't care less what means the club take to boost attendances.

I bought my ST in the knowledge that the club directors will always look at different options to make the product attractive and to do this reduced priced games are going to be introduced at various matches during the season (we all know that from previous years). I think we get a great deal on our ST prices and as such the occasional reduced price match does not constitute a "raw deal".

IMO the board of directors are trying (along with our manager) to encourage the local community to come out and support the communities premier sports/entertainment attraction and long may that continue.

Lets start looking for positives that way our positivity will hopefully rub off on our lads in C&A and inspire them to produce positive performances week on week.

C'mon Gannons Young Guns.

I too am a ST holder and personally I couldn't care less what means the club take to boost attendances.

I bought my ST in the knowledge that the club directors will always look at different options to make the product attractive and to do this reduced priced games are going to be introduced at various matches during the season (we all know that from previous years). I think we get a great deal on our ST prices and as such the occasional reduced price match does not constitute a "raw deal".

IMO the board of directors are trying (along with our manager) to encourage the local community to come out and support the communities premier sports/entertainment attraction and long may that continue.

Lets start looking for positives that way our positivity will hopefully rub off on our lads in C&A and inspire them to produce positive performances week on week.

C'mon Gannons Young Guns.

:notworthy: Nail >> Heid

I agree though likewise I understand they want to make an otherwise unattractive cup tie more appealing.

What would make me happier is if that the one cup tie on our season ticket was transferable and not restricted to the first home cup tie that comes along. You weigh up the risk of not using in early round league cup tie that is potentialy the only tie you get to use it at all season against the option of using it in the scottish cup later in the year when chances are prices aren't going to be so reduced.

It a minor disgruntlement but so easy fixed.

So you NEVER want to see extra fans being urged along just so you and other season ticket holders can sit in an empty stand smug as fuck it would be costing walk up punters a fortune to get in? :lol:

They'd solve the problem of occasionally disgruntled supporters if the season ticket reverted back to covering all home games. When I first bought mine it was good for League, League Cup, Scottish Cup (and reserve games :lol: ). Sometimes you got extra value for money with the home cup ties, sometimes you didn't.

I don't now the average number of home cup ties in the past 10 years, but if you stuck, say, 25 quid onto the price of a season ticket and said it included all the cup games again, then it could work out as a decent proposition for fans and the club. They could still sell the "First home tie" version too.

Having said all that, I'm all for cutting ticket prices for these types of games, and wouldn't be complaining at these prices if I still had a season ticket.

I don't now the average number of home cup ties in the past 10 years, but if you stuck, say, 25 quid onto the price of a season ticket and said it included all the cup games again, then it could work out as a decent proposition for fans and the club.

A cup top-up scheme. Hibs definitley run such a scheme, dunno about any other SPL club.

A cup top-up scheme. Hibs definitley run such a scheme, dunno about any other SPL club.

Yes most of the larger SPL clubs run just such a scheme. I think Hibs and Dundee United offer such top ups for a "mere" £30-40 extra. The only downside is that fans may not get anything back in return if all a seaon's cup ties are away from home. Still the Hibs and United fans I know think this is a great idea.

Yes most of the larger SPL clubs run just such a scheme. I think Hibs and Dundee United offer such top ups for a "mere" £30-40 extra. The only downside is that fans may not get anything back in return if all a seaon's cup ties are away from home. Still the Hibs and United fans I know think this is a great idea.

Yeah, it seems very reasonable, mate. Whether it's something that could ever be cost effective at Motherwell you guys will know much better than myself. I bet the Old Firm don't do it, or is that me being cynical ?

So you NEVER want to see extra fans being urged along just so you and other season ticket holders can sit in an empty stand smug as fuck it would be costing walk up punters a fortune to get in? :ph34r:

What part of my post did you actually read......

I suggest you go back re-read it and if you are still struggling re-read it again.....