Champions League

bigcol

I'm not trying to have a dig here mate but cant you stick to non Motherwell topics? Your a Man Utd fan and know absolutely nothing about what its like to support a real football team and i dont think you'v even ever been to an SPL game? Your posts just sound condescending in the most part on this bit of the forum.

To be fair, what Trafficlight said is correct.

Plenty of us Well fans, talk dribble on here anyway.

PS - Anyone found cheap flights to Abu Dhabi for the World Club Championship in 2012 for us all yet?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to have a dig here mate but cant you stick to non Motherwell topics? Your a Man Utd fan and know absolutely nothing about what its like to support a real football team and i dont think you'v even ever been to an SPL game? Your posts just sound condescending in the most part on this bit of the forum.

I can only apologise if you feel I'm being condescending, I can assure you it isn't intentional. But can I ask, is this something you believe should apply equally to all fans of other clubs or just Manchester United ? I hope this isn't the old chestnut about "arrogant United fans", because that really is condescending. Most who use that line don't even know any matchgoing fans. FWIW I have attended several SPL games - Easter Road, Tannadice and Celtic Park with friends who support those clubs. I'll take in a game anywhere if I can, Fir Park hasn't yet been possible, but it will come.

I can only apologise if you feel I'm being condescending, I can assure you it isn't intentional. But can I ask, is this something you believe should apply equally to all fans of other clubs or just Manchester United ? I hope this isn't the old chestnut about "arrogant United fans", because that really is condescending. Most who use that line don't even know any matchgoing fans. FWIW I have attended several SPL games - Easter Road, Tannadice and Celtic Park with friends who support those clubs. I'll take in a game anywhere if I can, Fir Park hasn't yet been possible, but it will come.

Not this morning it wasn't bloody hell everywhere I looked there was some arrogant bugger shouting the odds LOL, never mind, we'll hammer you at Eastlands.

Tell me mate, do you go along with the consensus of opinion in my local last night, "I'm glad we beat you, but I wish it hadn't been that scouse git that scored it" kind of sums it up, one guy even said he'd rather it was a draw. Pretty sad eh?

Very sad, lip. I was thrilled for him and have never had a problem with him joining United, and I don't understand why anyone else would. FWIW I didn't join in the booing of Tevez either. Fact is it's United's fault he left, we should have signed him sooner. The club had two years to sort it out. He was entitled to do what was best for him. Shows you how fickle football fans can be at times. Was a great game but terrible on the nerves.

Very sad, lip. I was thrilled for him and have never had a problem with him joining United, and I don't understand why anyone else would. FWIW I didn't join in the booing of Tevez either. Fact is it's United's fault he left, we should have signed him sooner. The club had two years to sort it out. He was entitled to do what was best for him. Shows you how fickle football fans can be at times. Was a great game but terrible on the nerves.
Are you sure you never had a problem with him joining? I thought I remembered a few, less than happy, comments at the time :wacko:

Shocking signing, the guy is never fit. Obviously he's meant to be an impact signing, to play in bursts and bag some goals. You'll never get thirty games a season from Owen. I'd rather not touch him, to be honest, but Fergie obviously believes he's worth the risk for free, though fifty grand per week is very annoying.

Signing Owen in his pomp, as Torres is now, is one thing, but a guy who has played 79 games in four years at his previous club is quite another. He should have been given as a pay as you play deal, not a two year contract. My season ticket has increased 15 percent for third year running and for what ? So Owen can be given 50 k per week. He is finished, IMO. If he can come off the bench to grab a few important goals, fair enough, but I'm not happy with it. He deserves to be hated by Liverpool fans in the same way Ince is by United fans. Where's his sense of honour ? I want a striker who is world class right now brought in, and Owen must only be thought of as a squad player. As I said earlier, Fergie understandably believes this is a calculated risk, but I resent my hard earned cash going into that money grabbing bastard's pockets. He'd better prove to be worth every penny of his huge salary, transfer fee or no transfer fee. You have a lot of ground to make up, Michael.

Just saying, like :O

Here we go again :lol:

This was a topic about supreme optimism a stupid topic about a dream of seeing the 'Well in the Champions League but it is slowly descending into another lets slag an unworthy englishman because he has an opinion on a team he has no right to support or have an opinion about. :mad:

Let him be and keep your racism to yourself :whistling:

Traffic............. Glory, Glory and keep posting

:lol:

You're right about my doubts about Owen as a player, wee yin,and who knows, perhaps I've underestimated what he has left in tank, but I never had a problem with him as an ex-Liverpool player. I can understand why Liverpool fans have a problem with it, I'd be the same in their shoes, but playing the scouse card isn't on. Where is Rooney from ?

His goal against City was Owen in his pomp. Fair play, and if he can maintain that kind of impact, I'll gladly admit I wrote the guy off too soon. Twenty more of those this season would be lovely. He just might prove to be worth the big salary B-)